PDA

View Full Version : pistons and liners. need some help with these

r5_scotty
01-09-2011, 19:36
had these for a while.didnt plan on selling them but im needing some pennys for my five and dont think i will get round to fitting them as i dont have enough knowledge or money to pay someone. i need to know more about them befor i sell so if anyone can help please let me know.

i know there low comp pistons but im unsure on the make. one person said they was wasnor pistons.

the liners are odd to .they have a small lip on the end to pintch up against the headgasket.which i guess are there to stop the head gasket going. could be quite rare liners?they still have the -excuse the speeling- honeing marks in them.

the set doesnt apear to have had alot of use.i was told they was used for around a 1000miles if that. they do apear to be in great condition.

any help would be great.

raider_gtt
01-09-2011, 20:01
had these for a while.didnt plan on selling them but im needing some pennys for my five and dont think i will get round to fitting them as i dont have enough knowledge or money to pay someone. i need to know more about them befor i sell so if anyone can help please let me know.

i know there low comp pistons but im unsure on the make. one person said they was wasnor pistons.

the liners are odd to .they have a small lip on the end to pintch up against the headgasket.which i guess are there to stop the head gasket going. could be quite rare liners?they still have the -excuse the speeling- honeing marks in them.

the set doesnt apear to have had alot of use.i was told they was used for around a 1000miles if that. they do apear to be in great condition.

any help would be great.

Hi mate I have looked at the pistons and they are bb tuning low comp they are NOT wossner pistons nar are they forged as for liners they could be anything make wise useless you have them in hand to test if they are stainless steel but I would say they ain't by them pics

r5_scotty
01-09-2011, 20:05
good effort :D least i know what the pistons are! i belive the liners aint stainless as there is water corrosion so i would say there steel liners.

cheers for the help :agree:

raider_gtt
01-09-2011, 20:11
good effort :D least i know what the pistons are! i belive the liners aint stainless as there is water corrosion so i would say there steel liners.

cheers for the help :agree:

Your mate that said they are wossner pistons they would like the ones on k-tec web site and i did have a wossner piston set and they don't look anything like yours bb tuning did standard pistons and just machined the tops off just to make them low comp

r5_scotty
01-09-2011, 20:11
where did you find the information on the pistons?

JRP
02-09-2011, 00:05
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=9043&d=1297973519

That's my wossenors if that's any help on what they look like

raider_gtt
02-09-2011, 10:19

Cheers jrp

Bruce - BHPerformance
02-09-2011, 11:19
Grey Devil Industries used to do those wire ringed liners, not sure if any other tuners did them as well.

Bruce - BHPerformance
02-09-2011, 11:21

Are they std compression wossners? Look like it.

JRP
02-09-2011, 11:31
Are they std compression wossners? Look like it.

Yes they are