PDA

View Full Version : best way to change clutch?

daveturbo
01-09-2011, 14:48
anybody got any tips for changing the clutch?

I dont fancy removing engine again so is there a way to remove gearbox with the ingine still in the car??

Cheers chaps

Markey Mark (BD)
01-09-2011, 17:59
Yes there is a way of removing the gearbo with engine in the car but it is abit fiddly and can be a ball ache if things are stuck or siezed. I've done it few times like this.

To be honest easiest way is to pull just the engine out, leave box in the car and then change clutch

daveturbo
01-09-2011, 18:27
well that was the plan in the first place till my engine lift gave up.

Ill probley just drop the subframe and do it that way.

Cheers mate

Markey Mark (BD)
01-09-2011, 18:33
Ill probley just drop the subframe and do it that way.

Thats the even harder way mate, you can lift the box out without using an engine crane if you want to give it ago that way

markey b
02-09-2011, 12:57
Yes there is a way of removing the gearbo with engine in the car but it is abit fiddly and can be a ball ache if things are stuck or siezed. I've done it few times like this.

To be honest easiest way is to pull just the engine out, leave box in the car and then change clutch

:agree:

that way you wont even need to drop the box oil.... just remove the studs from the block/box and bottom pulley and it lifts straight out

daveturbo
02-09-2011, 13:09
cheers chaps.will give it a bash.

michael tierney
02-09-2011, 14:45
dave ! i did a campus by releasing the engine as best i could and moving it to the drivers side as far as it would go....for a bit more room i let the front g/box mount off ...there was enough room to replace the clutch!!

daveturbo
02-09-2011, 15:33
thanks mate.will give it a go.