PDA

View Full Version : Blyton Park trackday, Sunday 30th October

Mart
31-08-2011, 13:40
It's been a while I know, but just seeing what interest there'd be for a trackday at Blyton Park on Sunday 30th October, if I was to try & arrange it?

Ideal pre-ND taster to see what we think of the circuit/grounds, or in the least, it's a cheap as chips Autumn time trackday.

It's open pitlane format, with a 105dB noise limit.

£115 is the current price per car/driver (I'll see if I can get that down depending on numbers), but even so, it's still a good price for a weekend open pitlane format trackday, and to make it even sweeter, there's no extra cost for a 2nd driver and/or passenger.

With it being on a Sunday, the opportunity is there for us to stay somewhere local the night before, and enjoy some food, beers & laughs :)

If you're genuinely interested in going, please post/add your name to this thread.

I'll see what interest (if any!) there is over the next couple of weeks, and go from there...

c7borg
31-08-2011, 13:59
I'm quite interested as it'll be one of my sprint championship rounds next year.. would you allow a Saxo to run?

jesus in the seat of a 5
31-08-2011, 16:19
mart ive never done it...another to tick off......:D

Mart
31-08-2011, 16:38
I'm quite interested as it'll be one of my sprint championship rounds next year.. would you allow a Saxo to run?

Certainly. It doesn't have to be an 'rtoc' car :agree:

Matt, you fancy it then?

jesus in the seat of a 5
31-08-2011, 19:45
Certainly. It doesn't have to be an 'rtoc' car :agree:

Matt, you fancy it then?

too right buddy , thats plenty of notice and it would be a good one to test the black coupe before next seasons hillclimbs....:agree:

bod 182
31-08-2011, 21:01
Mart im in will be in the scooby doo

Alastair
31-08-2011, 22:09
It is quite expensive - will they move on the price? I am still in though providing my house move goes OK...

1. Mart
2. Jesus
3. c7borg
4. bod 182
5. Alastair (provisionally)

Mart
01-09-2011, 07:46
I'll see what I can do mate. I didn't think the price was that bad to be honest (we used to pay around that for janky airfield trackdays).

Bod, nice one mate :agree:

Fordy
01-09-2011, 10:53
whens the latest we can say we'll come and pay up?

I can be provisional go atm
but I'll be going round snetterton beginning of October and if it breaks I won't have enough time to fix it

Mart
01-09-2011, 12:31
Nothing's set in stone yet, but if us going to Blyton does get the green light, I'd imagine you'd still be able to pay come next month.

bod 182
01-09-2011, 20:35
Mart forgot im away and back on the 29th late bummer as the Dragons say for that reason im out soz gutted:sad:

Mart
01-09-2011, 20:42
RTOC rule of 3 now in effect...

:(

bod 182
03-09-2011, 16:22
put it back a week im in mate forgot its half term week that week hence im away:)

Alastair
04-09-2011, 21:19
It is quite expensive - will they move on the price? I am still in though providing my house move goes OK...

1. Mart
2. Jesus
3. c7borg
-------- was Bod

Come on peeps, this will be a great day out... get your names down...!:) :coffee:

Mart any chance of camping there the night before?

Mart
04-09-2011, 21:27
Hi Al',

Yeah, that's the plan mate, although, given the cr8p Summer we've had, I'd imagine the end of October won't be on the warm side either, so Saturday night in a B&B/guest house might be more the order of the day.

Mart
05-09-2011, 16:48
Given our ND is going to be there next year, I'd have thought that would've guaranteed a good turn-out of rtoc'ers to this trackday.

:(

BluntyR5GTT
05-09-2011, 17:46
im going try my best to attend this i cant commit to anything atm though for personal reasons :(

jaffa
19-09-2011, 12:42
1. Mart
2. Jesus
3. c7borg
4. bod 182
6.jaffa (definate)

Mart
19-09-2011, 18:59
Good man Jaff :agree:

You still doing Oulton on the 4th Nov'?

I can only do the one trackday now, and Blyton's looking the more favourable of the two.

Mart
26-09-2011, 09:21
Given the Oulton Park trackday has now sold out, and not knowing who was driving which track (hence didn't book a slot), I'm back on for attending this one by default.

Anyone else a definite?

Duncan Grier
26-09-2011, 09:28
Mart have to try and catch later this week ;)

DG

jaffa
28-09-2011, 07:53
are we gonna get this booked? :)

Mart
09-10-2011, 18:20
Any more takers? :)

Or...

Would people prefer a trackday at Donington Park instead (on the same date) for £20 more than Blyton?

jaffa
17-10-2011, 17:47
just booked for this gonna do a little pre visit report with help from kd...got go pro cam on board so should be good :)

Karlos
17-10-2011, 18:05
just booked for this gonna do a little pre visit report with help from kd...got go pro cam on board so should be good :)

:agree:

Big Steve - Raider
17-10-2011, 18:11

:niceone: Good man Jaffa, I look forward to hearing your comments.

jaffa
17-10-2011, 21:53
if anyone wants to come down to have some banter and show a bit of support u are welcome bring an helmet and take shotgun in either my 5,m3 or ollies evo very welcome.:) and its free!!!!:laugh:

andybond
17-10-2011, 22:14
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Might just do that ! :D

Mart
18-10-2011, 07:36

Nice one. Looking like a good turn-out now :agree:

Did you guys book via Apex?

Mart
23-10-2011, 11:56
1 week to go bump.

jaffa
23-10-2011, 14:21
a busy week next week then..........sunday blyton park..........monday cadwell........friday oulton park..............ohhhhh the poor old c1j...:eek:

AlexS
24-10-2011, 18:30
See you there chaps. Not sure if I'll be in the CSL or M3 yet. Make my mind up last thing but Mart is pushing me to bring the CSL.

Be good to catch up Jaf. Been too long.:agree:

jaffa
24-10-2011, 18:34
See you there chaps. Not sure if I'll be in the CSL or M3 yet. Make my mind up last thing but Mart is pushing me to bring the CSL.

Be good to catch up Jaf. Been too long.:agree:

:agree::)

Mart
28-10-2011, 17:32
2 days to go bump.

Al', CSL. J.D

BluntyR5GTT
28-10-2011, 17:57
hope this goes well guys defo report back with what you find on your little scouting mission :agree: gutted i cant make it

Mart
28-10-2011, 18:44
Always another time mate :agree:

Robbo
30-10-2011, 19:05
superb day out, a good mix of weather and loads of info gathered of the area and facilities,we even managed to bridge the north south divide! many thanks to mart, jaffa and ollie for the shotgun rides. And nice to meet a local rtoc member (andy bond) just a shame a few more members didnt turn out

andybond
30-10-2011, 19:27
First ever meet and greet with the RTOC mob.

Very friendly group of people.

Great to see the ND venue. I personally think it will be right up RTOC street with a tight twisty circuit and a small , friendly atmosphere.

Best bit is the barn that can be used to hold an all night rave just like the raves back in the day.

http://mastergang4u.xtgem.com/images/dance_animated_gif_1.gif

Big Steve - Raider
30-10-2011, 19:52
So you all pleased it's the venue for our ND next year? :scared:

Andyturbo!
30-10-2011, 20:47
Gutted I couldn't attend this guys, had to bloody wrk!. Sounds like a good venue for national day tho! :agree:

Lomo
31-10-2011, 07:53
So come on people, what did you think? I love the raving stick man btw :laugh:

Mart
31-10-2011, 08:30
Firstly, it was great to catch up with some of the trackday 'regulars' again - Shame that the rest/more rtoc'ers couldn't make it, but always a next time :)

As for Blyton Park, it's superb - Fresh, smooth tarmac which made for a great track; pretty technical too, certainly more so than the oval'esque layout of Mallory. Plenty (literally!) of run-off, so no worries in that dept. The only small moot point is that it's not the widest of tracks, and for big engine/higher top speed motors you'll unlikely shift up any more than 4th gear. Even on a short ratio Evo 'box, I was only grabbing 5th once per lap, and that was literally for a couple of seconds.

For sure, the track is more suited to smaller cars/engines, hence it'll be bob on perfect for GTT's/Clio's etc come ND, but of course, that's not to say that the larger (displacement) cars wouldn't have fun - Alex & Jaffa did in their M3's yesterday.

The guy that owns the place is a passionate fella, and I think he'd be fairly open to any activities we want to carry out on the day in his manor...within reason of course ;) For example, there was a fair size mound of grain at the back of the 'rave lock-up', which could be used for a lucky dip competition? :D Or even for 'bury a Billy' if he starts getting too lippy :laugh:

Talking of which, the lock-up is perfect for said 'rave'. Easily large enough to accomodate everyone, or even to have some trader stalls, burger van (which was there yesterday...and fair prices too) etc laid out in there.

There's plenty of fields for camping, a shower/toilet block, and we noticed on the outside of the lock-up there was electric pick-up points, for any lighting/sound gear, or even girly hair-straighteners :D

Food/drink wise, there's a Morrison going one way out of town, and an Asda in the opposite direction. Travel about 10 miles, and there's a Pizza Hut/McD's/KFC complex.

Nearest petrol garage is about the same (petrol at said Morrison). We also found a Shell heading towards S****horpe for those that run V-power.

All in all, it was a great day yesterday, and I think the general consensous was that it'll make a great location for ND. I hope the turn-out justifies that :)

Some pictures below showing the track width, rave 'lock-up', massive run-off area, and the scallywags that were there yesterday...

Lomo
31-10-2011, 08:58
Firstly, it was great to catch up with some of the trackday 'regulars' again - Shame that the rest/more rtoc'ers couldn't make it, but always a next time :)

As for Blyton Park, it's superb - Fresh, smooth tarmac which made for a great track; pretty technical too, certainly more so than the oval'esque layout of Mallory. Plenty (literally!) of run-off, so no worries in that dept. The only small moot point is that it's not the widest of tracks, and for big engine/higher top speed motors you'll unlikely shift up any more than 4th gear. Even on a short ratio Evo 'box, I was only grabbing 5th once per lap, and that was literally for a couple of seconds.

For sure, the track is more suited to smaller cars/engines, hence it'll be bob on perfect for GTT's/Clio's etc come ND, but of course, that's not to say that the larger (displacement) cars wouldn't have fun - Alex & Jaffa did in their M3's yesterday.

The guy that owns the place is a passionate fella, and I think he'd be fairly open to any activities we want to carry out on the day in his manor...within reason of course ;) For example, there was a fair size mound of grain at the back of the 'rave lock-up', which could be used for a lucky dip competition? :D Or even for 'bury a Billy' if he starts getting too lippy :laugh:

Talking of which, the lock-up is perfect for said 'rave'. Easily large enough to accomodate everyone, or even to have some trader stalls, burger van (which was there yesterday...and fair prices too) etc laid out in there.

There's plenty of fields for camping, a shower/toilet block, and we noticed on the outside of the lock-up there was electric pick-up points, for any lighting/sound gear, or even girly hair-straighteners :D

Food/drink wise, there's a Morrison going one way out of town, and an Asda in the opposite direction. Travel about 10 miles, and there's a Pizza Hut/McD's/KFC complex.

Nearest petrol garage is about the same (petrol at said Morrison). We also found a Shell heading towards S****horpe for those that run V-power.

All in all, it was a great day yesterday, and I think the general consensous was that it'll make a great location for ND. I hope the turn-out justifies that :)

Some pictures below showing the track width, rave 'lock-up', massive run-off area, and the scallywags that were there yesterday...

I love how the swear filter won't let you type S****horpe! :laugh:

Nice one for the feedback Mart and its nice to hear the venue gave out good first impressions!

When we visited it back in the summer everything about it just felt right! Richard the owner is really keen on us going and we'll be the first club to hold such a day at his circuit.
We felt the track would be great for those tracking for the first time but will also offer a great experience for those more experienced amongst you! :agree:

The barn is indeed ideal for many things and the evenings antics is one of them. It must be stressed though that we'll be doing things sensibly (as requested by Richard) so there'll be limit to what time we can hold activities in there before people start getting carried away and get in touch with Slip Matt and The Rat Pack. :D. Don't get me wrong, it'll be a great night whatever it is we decide to do but we must remember we're representing the club for the first time here and Richard its kindly letting us use the lot without to many questions. Im sure you see what I mean without sounding to downbeat. :mart: :D

One thing I liked about the venue was how close everything was. The showers, toilets, huts, electrics, barn are all within a stones throw of each other which I think will add to the atmosphere!

It promises to be a great day :agree:

thanks again for the feedback Mart and its nice to hear the place got a thumbs up :cool:

Mart
31-10-2011, 09:46
First ever meet and greet with the RTOC mob.

Very friendly group of people.

Great to see the ND venue. I personally think it will be right up RTOC street with a tight twisty circuit and a small , friendly atmosphere.

Best bit is the barn that can be used to hold an all night rave just like the raves back in the day.

Andy, sorry pal, I didn't realise you were an rtoc'er :ashamed: Good to briefly meet you yesterday :agree:

Karlos
31-10-2011, 12:31
Mart :agree:

Short n sweet; Fantastic day and venue. All positive comments regarding ND. I'll post yesterdays pics/vids upon the board when I get home from work. Good to meet up with old and new members/friends. Cheers to Jaffa and Ollie for the track ride and to Robbo for the taxi :)

Mart
31-10-2011, 12:53
It was good to catch up again Karl. It's been far too long mate.

Sorry that I didn't get chance to give you that pax lap, but the rear brakes were shot to sh1t, and the Evo didn't feel too good under braking when Robbo came out.

Definitely next time buddy :agree:

THE MASTER
31-10-2011, 13:01
wow Mart actualy likes somwere .that has to be a first:cooter:

Mart
31-10-2011, 13:35
I don't/didn't have a problem with Mallory, except, imho, it started to become a bit same old same, in the same way that ND @ Pod was several years back.

Change is good, and I think Blyton will be enjoyed (and appreciated) by all that attend :agree:

Robbo
31-10-2011, 17:41
I don't/didn't have a problem with Mallory, except, imho, it started to become a bit same old same, in the same way that ND @ Pod was several years back.

Change is good, and I think Blyton will be enjoyed (and appreciated) by all that attend :agree:

agreed:agree:

AlexS
31-10-2011, 22:29
Good day fellas. Mate, you were right. Should have taken CSL.;) M3 brakes are still grumbling today. :laugh: CSL would have taken it in it's stride, been far faster and could have handled 10+laps at a time, no probs. Good to see you guys. Blyton will be great for ND.:agree:

andybond
31-10-2011, 22:35
Andy, sorry pal, I didn't realise you were an rtoc'er :ashamed: Good to briefly meet you yesterday :agree:

Not a problem. I am still not sure whether its a good thing to shout that you are a RTOCer in public yet or not ..

Karlos
02-11-2011, 06:54
It was good to catch up again Karl. It's been far too long mate.

Sorry that I didn't get chance to give you that pax lap, but the rear brakes were shot to sh1t, and the Evo didn't feel too good under braking when Robbo came out.

Definitely next time buddy :agree:

No worries matey, till next time :)

... Robbo and Stu was on standby just incase there were any off's

jaffa
02-11-2011, 07:25
link to some pics from the track....more to follow with video...:)

well organised and very relaxed place great venue for rtoc national day,track layout will suit the majority so lets hope we can get the bloody place full :cool:

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb229/jaffat200/blyton%20park%20trackday%20october%202011/

philg
02-11-2011, 08:40
link to some pics from the track....more to follow with video...:)

well organised and very relaxed place great venue for rtoc national day,track layout will suit the majority so lets hope we can get the bloody place full :cool:

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb229/jaffat200/blyton%20park%20trackday%20october%202011/

Great pictures, i like your reg and those megane wheels have a nice flick when on the move :)

Im suprised your sidey was not sparking, one of the pictures it looks close :laugh:

philg
02-11-2011, 08:45
It looks a good venue, the warehouse is great, just say the word guys, i will bring down my mixing gear for ND, im swapping my vinyl and technics for some cdj's this year so a lot less baggage to hump around. I also have a pair of 500w speakers, it will not fill that place mind but would do the job :D

Mart how long was the trip down from sunderland?

Mart
02-11-2011, 10:00
About 2hr mate, but that was on a Saturday afternoon when the traffic was clear.

I'm banking on it being a 2.5-3hr journey for ND Friday (assuming we can camp there on the Friday night as well?).

philg
02-11-2011, 13:45
About 2hr mate, but that was on a Saturday afternoon when the traffic was clear.

I'm banking on it being a 2.5-3hr journey for ND Friday (assuming we can camp there on the Friday night as well?).

That not to bad at all, good stuff. Camping, lol i will up all night raving :yeah:

jaffa
02-11-2011, 15:26

i dont think that will be a problem m8 talking with the guy for a while and he is so laid back its a winner..:cool:

Karlos
02-11-2011, 19:09
Pics of the day (with a few borrowed from here)

http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll44/karlos73_album/Blyton/

jaffa
03-11-2011, 19:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipR32SHK4Lk

video from blyton