PDA

View Full Version : wiring help please!

boysie
30-08-2011, 20:25
need a bit of help with the wiring, some of it is non standard, so bear with me!

80% of it is standard and most of it i have traced back throught the loom to the standard colours

so far i have:-

blue/brown = to rev counter

grey = acc run

grey/red = to fuel pump

i also have

orange = ??? (runs from jetronic ecu plug)

a wire i traced right back to negative on coil, runs direct, no breaks or tee offs anywere, and comes out along with all above wires

but i am missing blue white that goes to cranking wire??

to the fuel pump wiring,

figured out all the wires apart from the red/green, would this be a permanant live/ switched live?

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=1396&pictureid=2871

please help, im 2 wires short of firing it up now!!!

boysie
31-08-2011, 21:04
right, done a little more reasearch and figured out the red/green on fuel relay is perm live, and the orange wire looks like its for a/c,

so am wondering what the wire to negative side of ignition coil is for, must have been used for something:confused:

and do i still need the blue/white live as i have a live off battery to fuel pump relay?

best thing would be to just try it! but car isnt here and only get to play with it at weekends:cry:

Haz
25-11-2011, 00:59
fuel pump relay,
red/green the yellow permenant live.
grey/red from ecu should run to that green then brown wire on relay.

ecu wires,
grey to ign live (aei yellow)
blue/brown? in manual it says a link wire from pin 1 (fuel) to pin 17 (timing) but i know all the link wires are in one part of the loom
negitive on coil is for tacho, mine was aftermarket and didn't want to run of injector pulse.
orange wire acc ? again from manual ??
blue/white is on newer looms not this one, if its not there its not needed.
goin to look over the car next week so if the wiring is still an issue i'll have the answers then ;)