PDA

View Full Version : anybody close to derby

daveturbo
30-08-2011, 15:18
could do with some help with my 5.

on boost it seems to be loosing power.was driving along in 3 at around 40mph and put my foot down and seemed to pick up for abit but then started to splutter picked back up again and then splutter etc.

also i have just fitted a afr set up and could do with a hand setting it up,its all fitted but i have no clue what to set it at.i read on here that it should idle at around 14.5 so i got the engine to temp and set it to 14.5 took it for a drive and got bk and went to start it up next morning waited for it to worm up and when it had the idle sat at around 12.2.(whats that all about)
and when im on over run the guage goes up to 18.something and then no numbers and this appers --- on the screen and pops and bangs its head off.

now what i need is somebody to sort all this for me.iv tryed till im blue in the face to sort it but fueling and boost set up etc are not what im good at.

the car does drive ov boost so can drive to your house if it helps

cheers chaps any help will do.

thanks

BluntyR5GTT
30-08-2011, 16:25
give djinuk a shout on here fella, he will help you out

jamie_clioGTT
30-08-2011, 23:18
yeah dj is your man. he lives in burton and im sure he will be more than happy to help for a few beer tokens.

djinuk
31-08-2011, 07:40
hey , ill be happy to help for a few beers, the only thing is time at the moment..

Im based in swadlincote, so not to far away.

My first bit of advice would be to check you have the restrictors inside the Tpeice, there should be 2.. 1 large 1 small, when mine was missing one of these it popped and banged somthing crazy!.

Also just check for anyobviouus air leaks in any of the pipe work, then will go from there.

http://www.cgbmotorsport.net/genuine-crank-case-breather-pipe-restrictor-large-610-p.asp

thats the larged one, they just push into the end.

Also have you whipped the carb apart yet and gave it a good douse of carb cleaner as there may just be a bit of crap floating around, i wouldnt get to hooked up on the idle afr's as i find they seem to prefer being richer if you want a smooth idle.

daveturbo
31-08-2011, 18:58
cheers matey.
i found a set of those in shed in some old pipes and it seems to adle a load better.

found out that the boost fault was the plugs arking out on the bonnet:eek:

thanks anyway mate.will keep you in mind for next problom:)