PDA

View Full Version : Looms

TOMTOM
29-08-2011, 18:40
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Right, I'm goin bonkers on me 5 over winter, and over the life of this car it's had proppa idiots faffing about the wiring, e,g engine bay and interior for head unit and central locking, it works but it has been lashed, just want to f.&k it off and start fresh, can anyone hook me up with wiring diagrams for these areas? I'm toot with electrics so have a handy friend who can do this thankfully, im grateful for any positive help:) thanks tomtom

boysie
03-09-2011, 20:58
theres loads of wiring diagrams under files section, in menu bar on top of page:agree:

if your loom has been well butchered you would be better off getting a new one or a good used one, have a word with mike on here from gt-turbo-spares

Woznaldo
03-09-2011, 22:48
^:agree: As said above, definitely worth getting a new engine loom as due to age and heat cycling, even an intact loom may be degraded some what.

As with the rest of the electrics, check all the earths are good then pick one fault/area at a time and chase and replace/clean if necessary.

Also, try to avoid/eliminate any of those scotch connectors used to tap into a wire.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.