PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Internet terrible

djinuk
26-08-2011, 17:46
My god.. Virgin internets terrible.. our lines been up and down for ages(years) there technical guys are useless, they charge a lot of money, you have to fight to find a tel number, you then have to fight to get past the automation section of the phone, then you get some arsy prick from stratford upon avon trying to be awkward because you want to leave them

AVOID AVOID AVOID

dangerous dave
26-08-2011, 20:23
Our internees awesome and always has been.. Phoneline is shocking, constant hiss/crackle on it but I've not used a house phone for years.

Dsl was useless for us, same sh1t line, same sh1t speeds, different providers. The virgin line was the only way for us.

Phoenix Autosport
26-08-2011, 22:52
agreed virgin are terrible, they deliberately limit the bandwidth of heavy users to an unusable trickle between 4pm and 10pm, even though their sales people claim they dont.

try BE broadband, i cant recomend them highly enough, they install their own equipment in your exchange and you get your own connection (not sharing it with up to 250 other people as with BT and virgin) i have been with them for 2 and a half years now and still not had any reason to contact them (but if i did need to they are in the uk and speak english as a first language), their service is flawless to the point that they were upgrading the router in the local exchange and they sent me a text and an email the day before to let me know the service would be out for 10 mins and even gave the exact time.

djinuk
27-08-2011, 10:26
Yea mine was the virgin dsl line, honestly though there attitude stinks, it must of took at least 25 mins to get thru to somebody with about 10 diffrent number presses!, and thats after i found the number..

Im going for a bt infinity line, they seem confident in what there providing and have offered a money back guarantee and a very competitive package so i cant complain.. well yet..

my best internet was zen internet back in the day, great isp although there costs shot up eventually.