PDA

View Full Version : Sneak Peek of my 5

WhiteR5
24-08-2011, 23:39
Here are some pics of my 5 as it is being rebuilt. The bodykit is not attached, held in place by tyres as the decals are not yet fitted, again these are only stuck on for the photos. I do have the centre caps for the wheels but these are not on at present either. I'm pleased with the rebuild so far :)

Comments welcome

Lee

Steevo
25-08-2011, 00:08
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Here are some pics of my 5 as it is being rebuilt. The bodykit is not attached, held in place by tyres as the decals are not yet fitted, again these are only stuck on for the photos. I do have the centre caps for the wheels but these are not on at present either. I'm pleased with the rebuild so far :)

Comments welcome

Lee

Looks good :agree: Love white 5's

Lomo
25-08-2011, 07:49
Lovely :agree:

Big Steve - Raider
25-08-2011, 08:12
Niiiiiiice!!

Cheeky Intercooler showing it's face through the front bumper. :niceone:

philg
25-08-2011, 08:23
Niiiiiiice!!

Cheeky Intercooler showing it's face through the front bumper. :niceone:

I like to, never been a fan of intercoolers on show and chopped bumpers, but it looks good.

Keep it up :)

WhiteR5
25-08-2011, 09:58
I was a bit nervous cutting a brand new bumper but Forge said the intercooler fits without cutting the bumper but it was just too close for comfort. It's coming along nicely but my brother has to take the credit as he is rebuilding it as I now live in England. Needless to say he is loving it as I am financing it and he will get to drive it before I do. Hoping to have it finished off in the next few weeks as all the major work is done bar having the new windows fitted, which should be done in 2 weeks time. Stripping it to a shell and spending all that money rebuilding it has seemed unnecessary at times due to very little rust but seeing the end result its worth it. the only advice I would give someone thinking of doing this is keep the car standard. I regret the moment I decided to change mine, other than Raider wheels and a dump vale it was standard (inc exhaust) and I wish the car was still OE.

V Man
25-08-2011, 10:48
Looks like it's shaping up nicely:) That workshop is mega:cool:
Your Willy wheels, are they Tungsten grey?

WhiteR5
25-08-2011, 11:54
They are a colour of Anthracite from Renault for a set of Clio wheels. I also had the roll cage painted in the same colour to match, I had it done red originally but it was too bright so changed it to match the wheels. The workshop is at my brother’s work and they have been great, the car has been there for a few months now, the owners brother owns a paint shop and they done the repaint. The work has been top notch and as it’s been done at mates rates (still a 2K paint job all the same) but no fees on moving the car from one shop to the other or storage fees. Plus the care and attention has been great :)

gtmatt
25-08-2011, 23:15
Nice job mate looks well , where did you get the o.e decals from Renault ? Send us I info thanks matt:)

WhiteR5
26-08-2011, 09:21
I got them from CGB, but had to wait a while as the first set that Bob received were damaged and he had to send them back. He charged £204 for both sides, Renault wanted that for each side!