PDA

View Full Version : cup mod

mike's r5
22-08-2011, 19:17
hi guys, im thinking of doing the cup mod, i have read all the threads about it but still dont understand the dangers of bleeding after fuel, i was reading about oil spraying over engine and a few other problems, was wondering if anyone could give me some more info on this, thanks guys.

Eugein Offord
22-08-2011, 22:02
oil?... i thought the cup mod was for the actuator feed from the carb................it makes little difference on most engines.....i would'nt bother. bruv....................

Guybrush
22-08-2011, 22:24
hi guys, im thinking of doing the cup mod, i have read all the threads about it but still dont understand the dangers of bleeding after fuel, i was reading about oil spraying over engine and a few other problems, was wondering if anyone could give me some more info on this, thanks guys.

Assuming you mean the breather mod. I've got a catch tank in the engine bay. :p

JRP
22-08-2011, 22:29
Lol I mentioned lack of cup mod posts to a fellow member tother day. Now we got one, I deem it a good thing :) I think there's a top article on it, I ran it for years with no issues, but any gains... Debatable

mike's r5
22-08-2011, 22:33
It says in the article on cup mod about if u use a bleed valve it can cause waste gate creep, and fuel vapour. Main reason I'm doing the mod is so I can use my crome lobster neck which don't have the right size port 4 the actuator. Was just wondering if I should do away with bleed valve for this mod. Cheers.

Renault 5 GT Turbo
22-08-2011, 22:39
Hi Mike, I can't advise on the cup mod but wanted to say hi to a local member. I haven't seen your car about yet!

Eugein Offord
22-08-2011, 22:56
next week on rtoc boards............

Q. is the 285 cam lumpy??

A. When i took mine out of the box there were lumps all along it................

Guybrush
22-08-2011, 22:58
It says in the article on cup mod about if u use a bleed valve it can cause waste gate creep, and fuel vapour. Main reason I'm doing the mod is so I can use my crome lobster neck which don't have the right size port 4 the actuator. Was just wondering if I should do away with bleed valve for this mod. Cheers.

IMO get rid of the bleed valve, just adjust the actuator to set the boost. I never see the point of having set up the fuelling for a certain boost level why you'd want to fiddle with it.

Once you do the cup mod, the boost drops down a little, so you need to wind the actuator rod in anyway.

Guybrush
22-08-2011, 22:59
next week on rtoc boards............

Q. is the 285 cam lumpy??

A. When i took mine out of the box there were lumps all along it................

Thats because you got so excited.
:cooter::cooter::cooter:

mike's r5
24-08-2011, 08:43
ok thanks.