PDA

View Full Version : Weight of a seat and fuel tank full of fuel

Markey Mark (BD)
18-08-2011, 18:18
This may be a long shot but thought i'd ask.

I'm in process of trying to work out adding weight to my 5 so it can pass the limit for the Outlaw shootout, with me in it the car weighs 860kg. I need to be 900kg
Now i have a standard passeneger seat here and wondered what that would add, also i weighed car with 1/4 tank of fuel so does anyone have idea of what the weight difference would be compared to full tank (how much would it add).

At last resort i could just bolt 40kg weights in the passeneger footwell to add the weight but if i can add it with factory stuff and fuel i'll be happy with that.
Before anyone says i can't use back seats, fuel system is in way ;)

Logg
18-08-2011, 18:24
i's say go with the weights idea mate extra fuel is weight over the rear of the car you want the extra weight over the fron to aid grip and stuff.

Markey Mark (BD)
18-08-2011, 19:47
i's say go with the weights idea mate extra fuel is weight over the rear of the car you want the extra weight over the fron to aid grip and stuff.

Yeah i'll more then likely do that mate, some how bolt few weights to front of the car possibly and then rest in footwell.

Now need to find someone who can lend me some weights, i'm not buying some just for one day! :laugh:

Logg
18-08-2011, 19:54
Just bolt a spare gearbox into the footwell.

lol Spares and extra weight.

Why did I even bother with school with genius like that.

Markey Mark (BD)
18-08-2011, 19:57
Just bolt a spare gearbox into the footwell.

lol Spares and extra weight.

Why did I even bother with school with genius like that.

Or i could just leave the front wheels in the car once i've fitted the slicks! :laugh:

Logg
18-08-2011, 20:07
just use extra long bolts and bolt the slicks to the road wheels. more rubber = more grip.

as for weights I can't help :cry: if you get close could always fill the scuttle area with cement.

Rob@Backyardracing
18-08-2011, 22:16
leave some tools in the car :wasntme:

philr5t
18-08-2011, 22:29
A bag of cement is 25kg mate just throw to of them in it :agree:

Gttnutter
18-08-2011, 22:48
I've got weights if you need them, I'm around tomorrow so can pop up with what your after