PDA

View Full Version : Starting problem

Turbo_Dan
17-08-2011, 04:09
Rite lads On turning my car over the other morning there was no problem the first time but where it was cold it stalled so I turnt the key and boom! problems the starter was giving off a loud deep grinding noise it started so I turnt it off and started it again the noise was unreal imagen a small room full of barking dogs and budgies ..Thinking my starter was packing up I started my journey with fingers crossed the next time I turnt the key it would start..it started but again with the noise of a saw cutting some 2b4 ...on the drive after the trip I'd have a closer look at what was happening I removed the starter to see if this was the problem but it wasn't it worked fine anyway replacing it with a new starter again the same s*#% ..but after a few turns the motor was just spinning freely no movement from the fly wheel at all!!
Ive cranked the bottom pulley forward a nudge and turnt the key it catches the flywheel so from this I'm questing I have missing teeth on the wheel..? Anybody had this mess before?

Markey Mark (BD)
17-08-2011, 18:25
Sounds like the teeth on the flywheel have worn down mate

Chris Beer
19-08-2011, 23:47
imagen a small room full of barking dogs and budgies ..

..... LOL :laugh:

As above though mate, flywheel inspection time :(

Os8472
20-08-2011, 06:39
Ask MarkyB, every 5 he's every worked on makes that noise lol

Yep flywheel teeth going bye bye

Trevhib
20-08-2011, 10:12
Take some pics of the flywheel when you pull the car apart so we can have a look.

Fordy
20-08-2011, 15:38
starter dowel fitted? if not maybe the starter isn't positioned right so its not meshing properly?