PDA

View Full Version : Another oil pressure guage question

adscan
16-08-2011, 23:03
So my oil pressure guage works okay when i first start the car. When i start it up a second time it is dead. it may fire in to life now and again.

i have searched the forum which has lead me to swap the sensor and to change the connectors to the sensor and i have checked the back of the guage to see if the small nuts were loose. None of these things have fixed the problem.

what else should i be looking at?

Nick k
16-08-2011, 23:14
So, when you first put the ignition on, the gauge lights up and the needle goes up indicating engine oil level, then when you start the engine the gauge un lights up and then starts to reads oil pressure.

So What does yours do exactly?

tbf, you are lucky it does anything :D They are ****e at the best of times..

adscan
16-08-2011, 23:34
when i click the ignition it lights up but stays dead. when i fire the car up it te guage will come to life a second or two later.

i am wondering where the intermittant problem is coming from. is it likely to be wiring to the sensor or the guage?

i know they are crap but i don't like driving the car with a dead pressure guage. want to get it working.

mightymanx
17-08-2011, 00:02
always a pain in the butt the original gauge try giveing the connections a good clean on the sender switch some times they also need a rewire down that end