PDA

View Full Version : Camber correction ????

Kris M
08-09-2008, 18:38
Right, im not very good with this sort of thing so im after some advice.:cool:

My front tyres are wearing on the inside edge ( slightly more so on the n/s), i presumed the tracking was out so had it checked yesterday and its fine

Which leads me to think its the camber that is out, due to the car being lowered at the front, is there anything i can do to bring the top of the wheels out and stop the tyres wearing unevenly ??

Got a feeling that after 5 hours on the track my 888`s will get minced if i leave it as it is !!!

Purple_rob
08-09-2008, 20:02
Asked the same question only days ago :)

http://rtoc.sytes.net/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000774

I find it very hard to steer after about quater turn. Any further thoughts? :)

Tiny Tim
08-09-2008, 20:09
What sort of drop have you got Kris? (Rob - im supprised you're having that much hassle with just a -35mm drop).

But personally... id go for the elongated strut option, then you can give it the negative camber for trackdays and enjoy the added handling benefits.

Kris M
08-09-2008, 21:53
Tim, unsure on the drop mate...was already done when i got the car

Have a look at this pic, what do you recon ???

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=51&pictureid=442

Tiny Tim
08-09-2008, 21:56
Looks like a -50mm to me mate.

For cheapness/adjustability/ease of use, you cant beat the elongation mod :)

Kris M
08-09-2008, 21:58
ok thanks mate, will give it a go at the weekend :)

dangerous dave
08-09-2008, 22:03
yup, make your hole a little bigger kris:scared:

i thought camskill were doing the bolts for £20 exc vat and postage??

setting them up might be a pain in the ring, i did mine even each side before lowering it as i cant track it now due to it being so low.. if i want to get it on the 4wheel laser alignment now, it'll have to go to another branch as they have gauges that grip the rim, ours grip the tyre.. does that make any sense

dangerous dave
08-09-2008, 22:05
really pikey, but i was reading a tool book the otherday and i spotted a camber gauge that you stick to your wheel via a magnet... for Diy use im sure its better than feck all:)