PDA

View Full Version : Drag slicks for GTA

clee
13-11-2008, 18:12
Cheap !!!!!

I have a few spare sets of std alloys lying about ,one set is earmarked for some track slicks and I have another set of rears for the occasional 1/4 and test runs .I'm curious just how much quicker a proper setup would be .........
8.5" x 15" .
I know nothing :confused: I assume the fronts are not an issue in my case ,could I put a pair of space savers on :laugh:

tubby5
13-11-2008, 18:34
wouldnt have thought traction would be a prob in the gta lee,or does yours spin it rears:eek::burnrubber::burnrubber:

clee
13-11-2008, 18:42
No ,I can't get them to spin .Tony L can get his Leman and the Flyin Flieschman to do it though :confused:
See ... I know nothing hence my query :p

tubby5
13-11-2008, 19:35
you must have have to much mechanical sympathy:D

Dave Reed
16-11-2008, 11:53
Cheap !!!!!

I have a few spare sets of std alloys lying about ,one set is earmarked for some track slicks and I have another set of rears for the occasional 1/4 and test runs .I'm curious just how much quicker a proper setup would be .........
8.5" x 15" .
I know nothing :confused: I assume the fronts are not an issue in my case ,could I put a pair of space savers on :laugh:

That size of drag slick would do one of two things 1st being it will most likely bog, 2nd being it WILL break something!. :D
Front runners ie skinny front wheels (not space savers as they are not blanced) will make a differance, but not massive. :agree:

clee
16-11-2008, 14:05
Ahhh ..... Rite-so :laugh:

I'll just have to get brutal with old JIL then .