View Full Version : best fast road setup for my c1j?

jamie_clioGTT
15-08-2011, 12:18
hi all.

recently rebuilt my c1j and dropped it in my clio. had a few issues with it missfiring and bogging down under revs which now seems to be ok. im running a very standard setup apart from a pace intercooler.

im thinking of having a t25 off blunty but what do i do about fueling? ive noticed on k-tec you can buy bigger jets. do you just put them in and everything will be good? as im guessing not.

im using the car as a daily so just want a half decent fast road setup using standard cam.

any help or ideas is muchly appreciated as im a noob to the turbo world. thanks.

James5
15-08-2011, 12:26
hi all.

recently rebuilt my c1j and dropped it in my clio. had a few issues with it missfiring and bogging down under revs which now seems to be ok. im running a very standard setup apart from a pace intercooler.

im thinking of having a t25 off blunty but what do i do about fueling? ive noticed on k-tec you can buy bigger jets. do you just put them in and everything will be good? as im guessing not.

im using the car as a daily so just want a half decent fast road setup using standard cam.

any help or ideas is muchly appreciated as im a noob to the turbo world. thanks.

You got a wideband kit? if not that should be your next purchase before buying a turbo, fast road a good turbo with standard cam I would go for a T25 front a .47 rear and decent bearing

jamie_clioGTT
15-08-2011, 12:30
thanks alot for your reply. so wideband before turbo. any reccomendations on which wideband to get? cheers.

James5
15-08-2011, 12:32
thanks alot for your reply. so wideband before turbo. any reccomendations on which wideband to get? cheers.

Scoff @ efi parts sells the AEM wideband kit, I use it good piece of kit.

Defo wideband first then you can see what your afr's are doing, changing jet's requires fine tuning of the carb and not jsut a case of slapping in a big main jet

jamie_clioGTT
15-08-2011, 12:34
ok brilliant thanks alot for your time.