PDA

View Full Version : anybody running a 172 flywheel on standalone

HAndy
13-08-2011, 11:05
after finally getting the engine back together, i have now come across another hurdle, the emerald ecu does not seem to like the 172 trigger pattern , i have tried 2 used renault sensors , both will start the engine fine and rev upto 2000rpm then cuts the engine out stone dead, ( crossing wires ) ecu wont register any pick up with wires uncrossed :scratch:
fitted a ford type sensor (of a running engine) will then run to 4000rpm then loose signal again and fall flat on its arse:sad2:

has anbody had the same issues with the 172 pattern, running standalone:scratch:

got a brand new renault sensor coming monday,just in case it is the sensors packing up,

anyone running the emerald system with the same flywheel pattern :(
---- engine parts used----
k6 emerald
billet lightweight 172 flywheel

Ashy
13-08-2011, 14:14
I had a weird issue with mine back in the day.

When my 172 engine was running NA I ran a totaly standard 172 flywheel inside a GT gearbox using a 172 pickup sensor and it worked absolutely fine.

When I first turbo'd the engine I machined a 172 flywheel to take my miltiplate clutch. Whilst the flywheel was out I decided to machine the double tooth so it made two single teeth (For some reason the 172 flywheel isn't 60-2 it has a gap then a double tooth?) after doing this mod I just couldnt get a standard pickup sensor to work, bought a new sensor from Reno but the ECU wouldn't pick it up, I even swapped the wires and elongated the holes to move the sensor closer to the flywheel. It would sometimes work but it was intermittent. Eventually i used a seperate trigger wheel.

When I changed the clutch and went for a volvo flywheel and used a ford cosworth sensor and its been fine ever since.

steer from the rear
14-08-2011, 01:29
you want to loose this bit

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=10676&d=1311278893

so it then becomes your 60-2 like so:

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=10676&d=1311278893

thats was done for my adaptronic

Adey aka Ewok
14-08-2011, 06:34
I've ran 2 on omex with the stock sensor tho when they failed I swapped to a ford item

HAndy
15-08-2011, 17:37
thankyou for the replies , all sorted , karl @ emerald re- configured the ecu, all seems to be working well on the standard set up:smokin:

hopefully will be back on the rollers friday:cool::cool:
and then possibly rws on the weekend:D