PDA

View Full Version : Value of my Raider

Bigfoot
11-08-2011, 21:00
I have just got a letter back from the insurance company saying that the value required is excessive. Im going to write them a massive essay on the condition of the car plus take pictures of every angle inside out and out, but just want to make sure im not being crazy with the value of my car, what does everyone else feel my car is worth, I know its not a usual question asked on here apart from when selling the car, but there is no chance im selling this car especially with some nice country lane drive I did last weekend which was great and put a massive cheer on my face even when its only running standard boost.

Thank you for your opinions in advance and hopefully will get what I want the value to be at from the insurance company.

Alex
12-08-2011, 07:47
How much are you trying to insure it for? It's hard to tell what your cars worth without actually seeing, your profile pics seem to be a work in progress.......?

Bigfoot
12-08-2011, 08:16
Have put it in for £5k, the current pictures are developed as they wanted them sent in that way :confused: whats wrong with emailed pictures plus a form to fill in, seems some people like being stuck in the dark ages. Going to be ringing them up today if I can find the number, forgot to bring in the sheet of paper with the details on :crap:

phase i 16 v turbo
12-08-2011, 12:48
Have put it in for £5k, the current pictures are developed as they wanted them sent in that way :confused: whats wrong with emailed pictures plus a form to fill in, seems some people like being stuck in the dark ages. Going to be ringing them up today if I can find the number, forgot to bring in the sheet of paper with the details on :crap:

Hi Dale I think £5k is spot on, if it was a S1 RS Turbo that you had put all that hard work into it would be worth double. My brothers Phas 1 has been insured for £3500 and needs work.

Bigfoot
12-08-2011, 13:23
Yeah, spoke to the insurance company they say that the book value for my car is between £1k and £4k, but if I get a signed sheet saying the value of my car is £5k from a committee member from the club they will take a look into it. Looks like ill be having a busy weekend writing out a lot more on the computer for them plus hunting down somebody to sign it for me :)

Penfold aka The Dealer
12-08-2011, 13:28
Yeah, spoke to the insurance company they say that the book value for my car is between £1k and £4k, but if I get a signed sheet saying the value of my car is £5k from a committee member from the club they will take a look into it. Looks like ill be having a busy weekend writing out a lot more on the computer for them plus hunting down somebody to sign it for me :)

Bring the paperwork to me & i will sign it....

Whilst your here we can fit an engine in the ph1 shell... :)

raider_gtt
12-08-2011, 14:52
Bring the paperwork to me & i will sign it....

Whilst your here we can fit an engine in the ph1 shell... :)

Yes Bigfoot I would say the same 5k is about right m8 penfold will get the paperwork sorted for ya! Think will we all need to do this soon with insurance Being so tight now as they don't want to pay out! Unless they have to

Hoolio
12-08-2011, 15:53
Mine is insured for this amount no problem :scratch: I did want to increase it next time who are you with?

Bigfoot
12-08-2011, 15:59
Mine is insured for this amount no problem :scratch: I did want to increase it next time who are you with?

Maybe they just see the mileage on your car and cant find another example like it. Im insured with Footman James. Im wondering how they come to the price of 1k to 4k though seeming that not many sell let alone in a great condition, well what I think is great condition and all those who have seen the car has said about it as well.

Hoolio
12-08-2011, 17:04
BTW I'm with Flux and yes you could be right about the mileage but I'm sure I've seen others on here insured for similar sums Steve, Tinka..................?
May be worth gathering together other examples.

Renault 5 GT Turbo
13-08-2011, 09:51
You can get them to agree to the value, but I bet it would be a whole load of work to get them to pay out if you ever needed them to.

You could always use that £9995 red Renault 5 GT Turbo as an example of what they are marketed for.

Alastair
13-08-2011, 10:24
Depends on what you mean by value... insurance value or sale value.

Whilst i am sure that all will agree that good OE low milage R5s should sell for 4-5k, they just don't.

Look at Marts Whitey it was very good value (shame i missed it) but his asking price was competitive and it still took months to sell. Various other 5s that have had rebuilds/resto and a fortune spent on them then sell for 2.5-3.5k max.

I would say that a raider should only be worth a few of hundred quid more than a 'normal' 5 of similar spec. For insurance purposes add a grand on to cover damages/time/effort to replace.

Not wanting to provoke any Radier/OE owners here just adding my 5 penneth.

Al