PDA

View Full Version : mappable ignition

BluntyR5GTT
06-08-2011, 12:49
Hi guys iv been onto trigger wheels who supply all different form of engine management stuff etc.
Id been looking to see if they do an all in ready to go kit for the c1j but they only did one for the 16v engines. So i contacted the guys there to see if they would put us a kit together and they have now done so. Here is a link for anyone interested http://trigger-wheels.com/store/contents/en-uk/d57.html

Penfold aka The Dealer
06-08-2011, 13:06
Interesting bit of kit & not a bad price really...

BluntyR5GTT
06-08-2011, 13:14
Yeah i think.so also. Im considering it and thought if i could get them do an off the shelf kit it could benefit us members :-)

Markey Mark (BD)
06-08-2011, 14:25
Hmmm that doesn't look too bad a price for the kit, i'm just wondering what it'll work like.
Has there been any feedback on the stuff this place sells or if anyone has used them before.

I'm poss considering getting one for the tungy 5 and fit in on ready for Outlaw Shootout, i've done a fair few changes to it so be cruel not to get the ign timing spot on too

tiff_lee
06-08-2011, 15:59
Everytime someone has previously mentioned re-programming the AEI I mentioned megajolt as an alternative but no one ever picked up on it i'm guessing that's down to the fact no one is using it already?

As far as off the shelf kit goes there is not alot that is specific to the R5 apart from connecting it to the loom all you need is the edis module, coil pack (from any ford at the scrappy) and a triggerwheel.

Not sure how much it would be at the scrappy but £65 for the edis bits? I reckon you would be better off just buying the ecu and get the rest yourself.

Fordy
06-08-2011, 18:03
I have a classic mini I look after/setup that is running a megajolt on his Turbo engine
although it works fine, the software is pretty simple poor to use compared to other software I use.

5teve L
06-08-2011, 19:13
Hasn't Logg done mappable ign on his car, I think he's using Adaptronic though :confused:

Scoff
06-08-2011, 20:25
Using a full standalone for ignition only is a bit of an expensive way of doing something that doesn't need to be. Of course, there is no possibilty of upgrading to EFI in the future though.

I've been doing this trigger kit for a few years:
http://www.efi-parts.co.uk/index.php?productID=126

So with that you could get yourself just the megajolt and edis bits from Trigger-wheels and you'd have yourself a bolt-on kit :)