PDA

View Full Version : R9 Turbo, Donington spin caught on vid

paul b
02-08-2011, 22:53
Hi ya,,, lucky enough to take the old girl on track last week, un-planned but a friends car packed up with a running fault so he gave me his track sticker for the afternoon...
took her out on standard road tyres, big mistake but sooooooooooooo much fun...

I appear on this vid at about 6 minutes,guy driving a clio cup car, slicks etc,,,, and do a disappearing act into tyre smoke, I love Craners soooo much...thansk to Northy for the vid

enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSHUxJgtJLE

philg
03-08-2011, 08:44
good vid :)

Alex
03-08-2011, 10:37
Good work Paul, that was quite a big spin! :D The Clio seemed pretty damn quick? :cool:

Trevhib
03-08-2011, 11:08
Ruddy ell! :D You seemed to disappear completely, I had no idea where you'd gone for a while :laugh:

You should have text me, I would have popped down. Realised that I'm only 25 mins bike ride away from the circuit. :)

Schakal
03-08-2011, 13:14
Hi ya,,, lucky enough to take the old girl on track last week, un-planned but a friends car packed up with a running fault so he gave me his track sticker for the afternoon...
took her out on standard road tyres, big mistake but sooooooooooooo much fun...

I appear on this vid at about 6 minutes,guy driving a clio cup car, slicks etc,,,, and do a disappearing act into tyre smoke, I love Craners soooo much...thansk to Northy for the vid

enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSHUxJgtJLE

what tyres do you normally use on the track Paul ?

clee
03-08-2011, 13:29
You got to keep those Clio boys on their toes innit :cool:

Brigsy
03-08-2011, 14:17
Bet that was arse nipping :D what speed did it let go at??

Duncan Grier
03-08-2011, 14:28
Glad to see you were out having fun Paul and glaqd it was nothing more than tyre smoke :agree:

He normally runs R888's

DG

paul b
03-08-2011, 20:46
Ruddy ell! :D You seemed to disappear completely, I had no idea where you'd gone for a while :laugh:

You should have text me, I would have popped down. Realised that I'm only 25 mins bike ride away from the circuit. :)

Sorry bud... never even knew I was going to be there officially till the sunday night .. next time eh...and I had an idea where I was , I was hoping (praying) the clio didnt follow me into the smoke,,, had all sorts of "Days of Thunder" images, LOL

Schakal , Duncan is spot on, usually on R888's but for Mallory and this day, 5 year old £20 fitted inc free squeal....

Clee, double innit's :cool:

Brigsy, never looked down at the clocks, but probably could of as it all went a bit slow motion, I was in 5th at around 5000 to 5500rpm...been building slowly to find the limits of the tyres..FOUND IT....

Trevhib
03-08-2011, 21:09
:)