PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Spinal Surgery tomorrow!

raj
01-08-2011, 19:12
Im going in for emergency surgery tomorrow! sheeeeeyt!:scared:

Ive been suffering with back pains for many yrs and have up until recently just fobbed it off as the normal everyday back pain that all of us usually go through.

but recently something just didnt feel right ...... when i say "didnt feel right" i mean i cant feel my legs! im starting to lose feeling below my waist!:eek:

after an emergency mri scan it has revealed that this back pain i have been fobbing off for many years has turned out to be 3 knackered discs with the middle of the 3 discs totally ruptured (exploded). this ruptured disc has come out soo far that it is now compressing against my spinal column/canal and crushing the nerves that control everything from my waist down.:(

ive been wondering why pain killer have had no effect on me for the past years.

the spinal surgeon says if i dont have the surgery it will paralyse me 100% from the waist down, and even if i do have the surgery it could still go this way if the surgery doesn't turn out as planned!:scratch::confused: but hey thats the risk of surgery!

docs say i must literally have nerves of steel to have gone this long with a ruptured disc lol. i am zee termainator yaa:smokin:

wish me luck:agree:

Ashy
01-08-2011, 19:56
nightmare mate, all the best for the Operation :agree:

Rinzler
01-08-2011, 19:56
Raj,

Good Luck Fella ! We all be thinking of you !

:agree:

jesus in the seat of a 5
01-08-2011, 19:58
good luck raj me ole friend....jesus blessins your way...wish ya a speedy recovery!!!

JRP
01-08-2011, 21:11
What you having done i had a simalar thing happen :) you willbe ok, learning to walk agan is a bugger but get nice nurses.. heres some pics....

Dont panic your in safe hands and you WILL be ok, pm me if you want any advice etc as ive well and truly been there :)

The new Bill J
01-08-2011, 21:40
Good luck mush :agree:

I've had my fair share of hardcore surgery (My foot had to be taken apart and rebuilt :scared:), and I hate anything to do with hospitals now. Even setting foot (ho ho ho) in them makes me feel queasy. They are the experts though, and they're pretty damn good at what they do, so you'll be in safe hands :smokin:

Tony Walker
01-08-2011, 21:45
Good luck :agree:

Big Steve - Raider
01-08-2011, 21:47
May the force be with you Raj! :niceone:

BluntyR5GTT
01-08-2011, 21:53
good luck raj, this makes me wanna get my back checked now as iv been doing the same as you and just getting on with it

stu21t
01-08-2011, 21:57
Good luck mate, as said you should b fine, a mate of mines dad had the same thing done about 3 weeks ago. Hes on the mend now and much better off.

mkandy
01-08-2011, 22:12
good luck fella! They are amazing these days let us know how you get on! make sure you can still get on rtoc in the hospital bed or you will get ill!

raj
01-08-2011, 22:30
What you having done i had a simalar thing happen :) you will be ok, learning to walk again is a bugger but get nice nurses.. heres some pics....

Dont panic your in safe hands and you WILL be ok, pm me if you want any advice etc as ive well and truly been there :)

thanks folks, hopefully all should go as planned.

jrp, how did you manage to get them mri scans as when i ask for mine they say i am not allowed to have them:scratch:

it looks like you had some serious sh1t going on there bro:eek: they look like bolts in your back? i hope there 12.9 hi-tensile :wasntme: did you snap your back or something?

JRP
01-08-2011, 23:33
thanks folks, hopefully all should go as planned.

jrp, how did you manage to get them mri scans as when i ask for mine they say i am not allowed to have them:scratch:

it looks like you had some serious sh1t going on there bro:eek: they look like bolts in your back? i hope there 12.9 hi-tensile :wasntme: did you snap your back or something?

You can buy them, think I had to pay £15 for the cd with my xrays and MRI scans on.
I had 8 procedures, nerves removed, joint injections, and a discography the latter was painful.

Had collapsed disk, also movement on vertebra crushing down with no disk as such for support.

Got 4 titanium screws and banding between them, thus pulling apart the vertebra stopping it crushing the disk.

My back was broke basically, but i here and spot on ok! You will be to mate ;)

5alldaway
02-08-2011, 01:29
goodluck:agree:

little_daz
02-08-2011, 07:40
Good Luck :)

Alex
02-08-2011, 09:15
That sounds shocking. Best of luck and hope all goes well, which I'm sure it will. :agree:

Nayls
02-08-2011, 10:11
Good luck rajman!! hope everything goes well for you :)

paul b
02-08-2011, 22:48
Best of luck Raj,
I hope taking you out in the old 9 didn't make it worse a while back...

Keep smiling..:)

T.K
03-08-2011, 05:19
All the best Raj. :agree:

Trevhib
03-08-2011, 11:28
Best of luck Raj. Hope everything goes perfectly fella. :agree:

raj
03-08-2011, 17:54
Back out from surgery, all went well but in some serious pain now.

time for some mophious..hes my best friend at the moment.

i only realise how much use you your back after such surgery, i can hardly walk now and if i do get on my feet i walk like a penguin lol.

well now its on with the weeks of rehab.:mad:

the worst of it is that the misuss say no more sexy time:hump: until im better:denied:

well sh1yyt.... now im taking the rehab seriously you know:sos:

philg
03-08-2011, 18:37
Glad you are ok, your a brave man :)

paul b
03-08-2011, 20:37
Thanks for letting us know how you got on....

Hope its a huge success and the fact you have pain means you still have a spinal cord... top marks..

good luck on the getting better soon.. :cool:

JRP
03-08-2011, 23:23
You out of hospital? I was stuck in for agggggges drove me bonkers, What did they do chap. Glad your ok I knew you would be, see no need to worry. Get some gory pics up :)

raj
04-08-2011, 16:13
You out of hospital? I was stuck in for agggggges drove me bonkers, What did they do chap. Glad your ok I knew you would be, see no need to worry. Get some gory pics up :)

yes im out:) my op was nothing like yours! yours looked absolute carnage.

basically what they have done to me is cut away the bulging part of my disc and also cut the bone away around that area to give the nerves that where being compressed the room they should have.

the only worry i have now is nerve damage.... this will be a waiting game as the site of the surgery is swollen and in turn is having the same effect as when my nerves were being crushed.
so i have to wait for the swelling to go and only then will i know iff i will regain feeling in my right (throttle:( foot). at the moment i feel like im lugging a block of ice around on the end of my leg.... hopefully the feeling will come back because as it stands now i am not insured if i sat behind the wheel due to the lack of feeling in my leg. which sucks as im a taxi driver and that what i want to get back into once im better.

its the waiting game thats doing my head in now. that and walking like a penguin lol. but obviously an area such as this is going to take time to heal.

:)

Trevhib
07-08-2011, 08:52
Well done Raj. Let us know how you're getting on over the coming weeks bud.

raj
07-08-2011, 15:07
Well done Raj. Let us know how you're getting on over the coming weeks bud.

cheers old bud:)

i think i have it pretty easy from here on as my wifes a nurse and shes keeping an eye on me. :agree: OH the pain of not being able to bang a nurse is really hurting me:cry: lol.

but seriously i cant really feel anything in my foot yet although there is a slightly different sensation going on.. which is probably a good sign.:agree: