PDA

View Full Version : keeping the 5 shiney

mightymanx
29-07-2011, 18:31
hi there just after peoples advice before i got my new 5 gtt it has been moped and its gleaming i have waxed it once since i got it but i have to keep it out side so it gets grimy and dirty i dont really wana shammy it so any 1 do snything else to keep there 5 shiney

philg
30-07-2011, 08:21
Maybe a car cover is a good idea. I suppose it depends on how much you are going to use it.

Its like anything just keep on top of it, if you have a jet wash great, wash with that and the two bucket method, then a good dry off. Then apply a good wax product, i tend to use a wax that goes on by hand as a base coat, something like super resin polish, the sort of wax that clouds then you buff off. I would then use a carnauba wax to finish the shine, like hd wax, i use p21s.

A little tyre dressing applied with a brush and job done.

I wax my car nearly every time i wash it and try to build up about 4-5 coats of carnauba wax throughout the year.

Im sure there are products out there with a lot less effort, but i stick to what i know and quite enjoy doing it.

BluntyR5GTT
30-07-2011, 09:43
As phil says really. Just use products that you feel best with i tend to clay bar my car twice a year then use poorboys black hole glaze followed by dodo juice supernatural hybrid wax this is a wax and sealant all in one and is by far the best stiff iv used.
Also a car cover might be a good idea maybe

newbstar*
30-07-2011, 10:11
Do do juice red mist spray sealant;)