PDA

View Full Version : ICV

5teve L
28-07-2011, 08:26
Can you swap this or ditch the idle control valve altogether if you ran aftermarket management ?

steer from the rear
28-07-2011, 10:14
Can you swap this or ditch the idle control valve altogether if you ran aftermarket management ?

Yes mate I ran the volvo throttle body on my efi manifold on the turbo 2 with no icv, it maintained the characteristics of the car but to be honest It was foot to the floor every where with it, I never had a problem not running one for 3 years. But I do plan to use it on the f7 build but then it might look neater without hmmmmm

James5
28-07-2011, 10:18
Yes mate I ran the volvo throttle body on my efi manifold on the turbo 2 with no icv, it maintained the characteristics of the car but to be honest It was foot to the floor every where with it, I never had a problem not running one for 3 years. But I do plan to use it on the f7 build but then it might look neater without hmmmmm

From memory I think Robbie aka Turbo ted was running an OE ICV with adaptronic and the same with Dale aka the man with the Bigfoot he has an OE ICV in place aslo still with adaptronic there must be some reason why they have still got it in place.

Os8472
29-07-2011, 06:19
The Clio 16v throttle body has an idle speed screw so you ditch the valve but the megane body doesn't, so unles you come up with so way of fitting one you have to run the icv or it won't idle, most stand alone systems can control them, my Emerald management runs it just fine