PDA

View Full Version : help.. overfuel!!

jamie_clioGTT
27-07-2011, 17:14
Hi all..

I'm overfueling with my c1j.. White smoke and boggy on the revs when you first stomp the peddle. I'm running clio fuel pump on r5 regulator.. Would the pump constantly on be an issue as I thort the regulator may back down?? Any help please?

Markey Mark (BD)
30-07-2011, 12:34
Hi all..

I'm overfueling with my c1j.. White smoke and boggy on the revs when you first stomp the peddle. I'm running clio fuel pump on r5 regulator.. Would the pump constantly on be an issue as I thort the regulator may back down?? Any help please?

You know what spec the carb is mate? As for the bogging check tha accelerator pump jet is working correctly and is set right

How you mean when you say pump being constantly on being issue?

jamie_clioGTT
01-08-2011, 23:27
Sorry this is late but thanks a lot for getting back to me! We noticed that when I hit the revs the little lever on the carb wasn't moving. We freed it off and the boggyness has now gone. And I'm not overfuelin. Problem now is I have occasional missfire at low revs. I.e a grand and a half to 2 grand. But after that its fine. Any help much appreciated here..

Its a standard carb and the engine has done 200 miles since a rebuild.
Thanks.

Markey Mark (BD)
02-08-2011, 16:28
check that the 1st stage jet hasn't got abit of crap in there, worth giving it abit of a clean out.

jamie_clioGTT
02-08-2011, 23:04
ok brilliant thanks alot mate will check it out the weekend.