PDA

View Full Version : North east members

philg
26-07-2011, 13:43
Just wondering if we could get a meet sorted out, nothing much going on this year. We could go for a blast somewhere, go karting or try and get a rolling road day booked.

Come on mr briggs stop looking in the mirrors and get a good day out planned, we are running out of summer :)

philg
02-08-2011, 15:13
Anyone

Brigsy
02-08-2011, 15:18
I think were a bit thin on running cars around here to have a blast out or rolling road day mate, Ashy/Matt C/Jonty/Vman etc all need to pull there finger out :cooter:

philg
02-08-2011, 15:46
I think were a bit thin on running cars around here to have a blast out or rolling road day mate, Ashy/Matt C/Jonty/Vman etc all need to pull there finger out :cooter:

Thats all people ever say to me, "god you dont see many of them these days" Probably because there all in the garage getting fixed :crap:

Hopefully next year then

Lomo
02-08-2011, 16:09
Us NorthWesterners will be organising a Karting day for late September (hopefully) so hopefully some of you guys will attend!

Theres a rolling road day in October that you might find of some interest :)

Ashy
02-08-2011, 18:29
im up for it... My white 5 works :)

V Man
02-08-2011, 22:13
I'm booking black beauty in not tomorrow so when she gets through I'm:) definately up for it:)

Matt Cole
02-08-2011, 23:19
Good news is my potential welding has gone to zero hopefully saving me a stack of time! Should be running by 2013!:D

Mart
02-08-2011, 23:46
Always up for a run out somewhere. Get on it Brigski ;)

philg
03-08-2011, 08:32
Us NorthWesterners will be organising a Karting day for late September (hopefully) so hopefully some of you guys will attend!

Theres a rolling road day in October that you might find of some interest :)

I will keep a look out for such threads :)

philg
03-08-2011, 08:33
good stuff chaps lets get on it, like a car bonnet lol :laugh: pmsl :wasntme:

Matt Cole
03-08-2011, 14:51
Phil,

We normally have a rolling road day and the odd run out but 2011 been a bad year!:cry:

Brigsy
03-08-2011, 17:12
I only know the roads round teesside way so somebody needs to decide a route if were going to have another north east gumball 3000 ;) What about a tunnel run??

As for karting, i go to teesside regularly with a good bunch of lads, next time he organises it (usually every 2 months) Ill sort something out so we can jump in :)

philg
03-08-2011, 18:31
I only know the roads round teesside way so somebody needs to decide a route if were going to have another north east gumball 3000 ;) What about a tunnel run??

As for karting, i go to teesside regularly with a good bunch of lads, next time he organises it (usually every 2 months) Ill sort something out so we can jump in :)

good man

123-gtt
10-02-2012, 17:36
if you guys get ya fingers out,i will come up to the north east for a funt out like:),iv got a score to settle with vman:cooter:

philg
10-02-2012, 19:05
:coffee::)

Mart
11-02-2012, 07:37

:coffee: :D

philg
11-02-2012, 08:28

It must be pull ya finger out o'clock :cooter::laugh:

Mart
11-02-2012, 08:45
:laugh:

benj88
11-02-2012, 17:37
How many 5 owners are in the north east?

Mart
11-02-2012, 18:14
We'd have a better idea of numbers if any meets/events were ever arranged up here :( ;)

philg
11-02-2012, 19:13
I think between 15-20 regulars from likes of brigs in Redcar I think being one of the furthest. I don't think there are many past me up in Newcastle.

Could we not get a list of names up and maybe arrange something central

Ashy
11-02-2012, 19:33
We'd have a better idea of numbers if any meets/events were ever arranged up here :( ;)

I've been to loads since you've been living up here and you've never showed your mug!

Big Steve - Raider
11-02-2012, 20:51
I've been to loads since you've been living up here and you've never showed your mug!

:laugh:Ashy, you need the promise of Party Rings to get Mart out of his hidey hole ;)

Mart
12-02-2012, 00:56

Loads? I remember a night out that Speedy organised a year or so back, but apart from that, I don't recall many other threads regarding N.E events. If there was, I either missed them or genuinely couldn't make it.

Brigsy
12-02-2012, 09:03
How many n.e lads have got there cars on the road now? If people don't mind the sub zero temps and actually turn up ill arrange something?? Odds are 100/1 to mart not turning up :laugh:

Mart
12-02-2012, 09:51
Touché mofo! :D How many trackdays you attended over the years? ;)

Arrange a run-out somewhere this way, and I'll be there :agree:

Brigsy
12-02-2012, 10:51
If i had the £££ id do every trackday going ;) reet gents ill sort something out watch this space

Ashy
12-02-2012, 11:46
Loads? I remember a night out that Speedy organised a year or so back, but apart from that, I don't recall many other threads regarding N.E events. If there was, I either missed them or genuinely couldn't make it.

Theres been at least 3 rr days at Motorscope, gumball 3000, speedy's night out... off the top of my head.

Mart
12-02-2012, 14:44
If i had the £££ id do every trackday going ;) reet gents ill sort something out watch this space

Knock some of those steak o' clocks on the head, and the likes of Blyton, Teeside, Elvington for £99 become affordable ;)

Ashy, fair cop, I'll try harder to be at the next meet :o Didn't realise there had been that many (recent) RR events @ Motoscope. What's Gumball 3k? :confused: (I assume you're not referring to the Maximillion-ran event).

Ashy
12-02-2012, 15:33
Knock some of those steak o' clocks on the head, and the likes of Blyton, Teeside, Elvington for £99 become affordable ;)

Ashy, fair cop, I'll try harder to be at the next meet :o Didn't realise there had been that many (recent) RR events @ Motoscope. What's Gumball 3k? :confused: (I assume you're not referring to the Maximillion-ran event).

Maybe not that recent tbh but they do happen every-so-often, the motorscope RR days are every year so worth making the effore to pop down and the Gumball was one of those events where everyone just turned up... Not managed to get the numbers since (but we all have little uns now)...

http://www.rtoc.org/files/Club%20files/Old%20photos/gumball%203000/mettwiththenelot004.jpg

http://www.rtoc.org/files/Club%20files/Old%20photos/gumball%203000/the%20queue.jpg

Mart
12-02-2012, 17:55
Ok, I'll keep my eye out for the next RR event @ Motoscope :agree:

Defo don't recall reading anything on here about that Gumball 3k event though, but then my memory is proper shot to sh1t these days :crap: :D

philg
12-02-2012, 18:03
Agree with the weather at the moment, I'm up for most meets, maybe plan something for June time, i think a nice run out somewhere central, pub lunch and some banter :)

Go carting would alway be a good one, then maybe a short blast somewhere for some dinner.

Motorscope would be ace to :)

Mart a day at croft would also be a good one.

Mart
12-02-2012, 18:14
Mart a day at croft would also be a good one.

Defo mate, but because of the nimbys kicking off about noise pollution (:rolleyes:) the trackdays there are now few & far between, and when they are on they're quite pricey.

These are pretty much the only 2 open-pitlane trackdays there this Summer...

- Monday 7th May (bank holiday) @ £225 per car/driver.
- Saturday 7th July @ £249 per car/driver.

If you reckon we can get good numbers of (N.E) rtoc'ers to one of them, I'll contact the relevant organiser/company & see what I can arrange with them.

benj88
12-02-2012, 18:20
The tungy's sorn at the moment. Thinking about getting a full shoot with eventually having to change the wings for oe indicators, all new windows/rubbers. She's not pristine enuf ha.

Would be nice to no a few more northeast members, already no Briggsy and Scott well now :agree:

philg
12-02-2012, 18:49
Defo mate, but because of the nimbys kicking off about noise pollution (:rolleyes:) the trackdays there are now few & far between, and when they are on they're quite pricey.

These are pretty much the only 2 open-pitlane trackdays there this Summer...

- Monday 7th May (bank holiday) @ £225 per car/driver.
- Saturday 7th July @ £249 per car/driver.

If you reckon we can get good numbers of (N.E) rtoc'ers to one of them, I'll contact the relevant organiser/company & see what I can arrange with them.

That is alot, we paid about £140 for the rsoc day last year, think it was 97 then 99 on the Sunday.

I can not make nd this year :cry: so looking to do 3 other track days, croft again, cadwell and knockhill.

We could a rtoc meet at rwyb at elvington one day in the summer, that would be a good day out and i could pit up against briggs :burnrubber::laugh:

Brigsy
12-02-2012, 19:52
The tungy's sorn at the moment. Thinking about getting a full shoot with eventually having to change the wings for oe indicators, all new windows/rubbers. She's not pristine enuf ha.

Would be nice to no a few more northeast members, already no Briggsy and Scott well now :agree:

Full shoot?! Its pristine as is mate! :)

I need to get both of mine mot'd at moment like!

We could have a parmo meet on a sunday in a few weeks? Hartlepool keyside or a bit furthur up north???

123-gtt
12-02-2012, 23:09
Maybe not that recent tbh but they do happ I was there that dayen every-so-often, the motorscope RR days are every year so worth making the effore to pop down and the Gumball was one of those events where everyone just turned up... Not managed to get the numbers since (but we all have little uns now)...

http://www.rtoc.org/files/Club%20files/Old%20photos/gumball%203000/mettwiththenelot004.jpg

http://www.rtoc.org/files/Club%20files/Old%20photos/gumball%203000/the%20queue.jpg

I'm sure I was in that lot? thats a few year ago

Ashy
13-02-2012, 09:56
http://www.rtoc.org/files/Club%20files/Old%20photos/gumball%203000/DSCF2183.JPG

Mart
13-02-2012, 11:11
thats a few year ago

So it's not exactly recent after all ;) :D

Ashy
13-02-2012, 12:44
So it's not exactly recent after all ;) :D

Nice one Alan :dearme:

.... Nah it was about 5 years ago LOL!! Still I'm sure you were up here then ya miserable fecker :cooter:

Matt Cole
13-02-2012, 14:13
:mart::D

benj88
13-02-2012, 14:46
Full shoot?! Its pristine as is mate! :)

I need to get both of mine mot'd at moment like!

We could have a parmo meet on a sunday in a few weeks? Hartlepool keyside or a bit furthur up north???

Could be a good shout mate! Ha. Parmo o' clock

Mart
13-02-2012, 18:15
Nice one Alan :dearme:

.... Nah it was about 5 years ago LOL!! Still I'm sure you were up here then ya miserable fecker :cooter:

:laugh: You geeza.

4 years I've been up here, so all I've realistically missed out on is 3 RR events (assuming they've actually taken place in the last 4 years?!), and Speedy's night out :laugh:

My conscious is clear once again ;) :D

Robbo
13-02-2012, 20:25
trip to scarboro aswell

123-gtt
18-02-2012, 10:18
http://www.rtoc.org/files/Club%20files/Old%20photos/gumball%203000/DSCF2183.JPG

Ha ha look at the kite on me,:agree:God I miss that old 5, held together with gaffs tape and zip ties,but never let me down,did some miles in that,drove down to torquey 4 times in it!

123-gtt
22-02-2012, 07:53
I'm back up in durham this weekend! in the 5:cooter:

Ashy
25-02-2012, 19:15
I'm back up in durham this weekend! in the 5:cooter:

Good to see you Al, been a while....

It was like a mini meet at mine today! Who says the N.E. lot never get together!

http://www.rtoc.org/files/Technical%20Files/Ashy%20172%20turbo/Whitey/IMAG0079.jpg

Alastair
25-02-2012, 20:35
Love the pearl 5 Alan.

Ashy
25-02-2012, 20:54
Love the pearl 5 Alan.

Yeah, its well tidy, he's done well with that purchase! Its funny that it looked a right dog when Arrows was advertising it! If he'd put some decent pics up it would of been snapped straight up!

rainey_y2k
08-07-2012, 01:26
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Just thought I'd bump this event...... Sorry if ive missed something as ive only really skim read it. I dont actually have a five at the mo but would be up for driving out somewhere/going to the pub/my house/someone else's house to have a bit of craic about 5s. What you lads think? Just feel like i cant really get my post count up if i dont know what the banter is all about!

Just to get the banter started, I'm a Sunderland supporter. Got any dirty black and whiters? :laugh:

philg
08-07-2012, 08:19

Just thought I'd bump this event...... Sorry if ive missed something as ive only really skim read it. I dont actually have a five at the mo but would be up for driving out somewhere/going to the pub/my house/someone else's house to have a bit of craic about 5s. What you lads think? Just feel like i cant really get my post count up if i dont know what the banter is all about!

Just to get the banter started, I'm a Sunderland supporter. Got any dirty black and whiters? :laugh:
:):laugh::cooter:
Well I'm from the toon, we have the better team, night life and city, simple. I bet you hate being called Geordies when your on holiday or away from home, Sunderland where's that then, Ahh we are the pikey city 10 miles down the road

Mart
08-07-2012, 08:28
Chop chop o' clock Brigsy.

http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/images/smilies/icon_toast.gif

philg
08-07-2012, 09:14

:coffee:

rainey_y2k
08-07-2012, 13:32

:):laugh::cooter:
Well I'm from the toon, we have the better team, night life and city, simple. I bet you hate being called Geordies when your on holiday or away from home, Sunderland where's that then, Ahh we are the pikey city 10 miles down the road

Haha! and the banter commences! Yeah you are totally right mate, Thats what i get where ever i go! you are right dude, we are the developing team but i like being the under dog. Think thats why i love 5s! Porsche drivers never expect it when you are keeping up with them at the lights!

Mate i only had to go as far south as Billingham (near middlesborough) and the kids were giving me stick saying i was a geordie!!! Seriously man, those kids need to sort thier act out.

Have you ever been called welsh/irish when you have been away on holiday? I even got indian once! I was like c'mon they dont come any more british than me! Ginger and pale skinned?! INDIAN?!

rainey_y2k
08-07-2012, 13:33
Also, Im from durham so i do prefer going out in newcastle, Sunderland is just like a big version of the bigg market! urgh......... No ta!

rainey_y2k
08-07-2012, 13:34

I assume brigsy has an opinion one way or the other too then? (secretly hoping he's sunderland!)

The new Bill J
08-07-2012, 13:36
I assume brigsy has an opinion one way or the other too then? (secretly hoping he's sunderland!)

He's more about sunbeds and posing, while taking photos of himself!

rainey_y2k
08-07-2012, 14:20

Is Brigsy trying to get himself on Geordie shore? Sounds like it by this discription! He must be a geordie if he loved tanning up and posing! haha:p

Matt Cole
08-07-2012, 14:48

He's going to have to keep it up to hold onto his new bird. Punching well above his weight! :D

The new Bill J
08-07-2012, 14:52
Too true :laugh:

philg
08-07-2012, 17:37

He really needs to have a word :agree:

philg
08-07-2012, 17:43

Haha! and the banter commences! Yeah you are totally right mate, Thats what i get where ever i go! you are right dude, we are the developing team but i like being the under dog. Think thats why i love 5s! Porsche drivers never expect it when you are keeping up with them at the lights!

Mate i only had to go as far south as Billingham (near middlesborough) and the kids were giving me stick saying i was a geordie!!! Seriously man, those kids need to sort thier act out.

Have you ever been called welsh/irish when you have been away on holiday? I even got indian once! I was like c'mon they dont come any more british than me! Ginger and pale skinned?! INDIAN?!

Easiest way to tell if someone is from Newcastle or sunderland, is ask them to say hoover or hula hoops, the proper way sounds like houva and hula houps, the guys from sunderland say euoova and euwla ewoups :laugh:

Brigsy
08-07-2012, 18:21
Cheeky *******s the lot of ya's lol...just because you have no hair mr bill j:laugh: infact its always all the baldys that pipe up aint it lol

The new Bill J
08-07-2012, 18:32
Cheeky *******s the lot of ya's lol...just because you have no hair mr bill j:laugh: infact its always all the baldys that pipe up aint it lol

:laugh:

I've got plenty of hair thanks Briggles, just not on my feckin head :laugh:

Brigsy
08-07-2012, 18:42
:laugh: anyway lets have a meet after nd, im assuming your all going gents?? No excuses this year phil??

Mart
08-07-2012, 18:55
After ND is good for me, apart from BH weekend & the weekend before that.

philg
08-07-2012, 19:04
:laugh: anyway lets have a meet after nd, im assuming your all going gents?? No excuses this year phil??

yeah im missing it, going on hoiliday :D 3 years now :laugh:

After ND sounds good to me :agree:

rainey_y2k
09-07-2012, 00:57
I'm being a N00B..... Whats ND?

rainey_y2k
09-07-2012, 00:59
Easiest way to tell if someone is from Newcastle or sunderland, is ask them to say hoover or hula hoops, the proper way sounds like houva and hula houps, the guys from sunderland say euoova and euwla ewoups :laugh:

Then I'm definitely not a mackem..... or geordie. What you called if you are from Durham? A pit yacker?

Nottswoody
09-07-2012, 01:04
ND= national day....... I hope or else I have alot of things wrong aswell :)