PDA

View Full Version : PayPal!!! What other company can we use?

phase i 16 v turbo
24-07-2011, 16:24
I have just lost another case in the buyer’s favour. I have all the paper work to prove I posted the item overseas. The buyer didn’t want to pay for International Signed For or Air Sure but I am the one left out of pocket. Paypal say I need to provide the tracking number but there is no tracking number as the buyer didn’t want to pay the extra. What are we meant to do? I even offered to send a replacement FOC if the buyer paid the Air Sure postage.

Crazy!!!!:scratch:

5teve L
24-07-2011, 16:42
I have a couple of bits on at the mo, I have been asked to send to Greece, Spain & Poland, I have said yes as long as they except RM international signed for, it's just not worth it any other way anymore, even if it does mean I don't sell the items.

Paypal/ebay sucks big time for the seller :(

Phoenix Autosport
24-07-2011, 17:03
selling on ebay you have no choice anymore, they make you offer paypal as a form of payment, could this be because they now own paypal and they want to line their own pockets :rolleyes: they have even removed all competing electronic payment systems from their site like moneygram and western union both of which they supported prior to their aquisition of paypal.

the only way i will ever ship ebay/paypal orders internationaly is by a tracked and insured courier service to ensure my ass is covered, if anyone contacts me wanting cheaper shipping options i just tell them i can only ship by other services when we are in reciept of fully cleared payment by bank transfer, all ebay/paypal orders are as listed take it or leave it.

royal mails international signed for service is an absolute farce as it has no tracking and royal mail cant even track it themselves, when i used to use them they used to regularly leave parcels with random wrong addresses and loose things, it would then take 6-8 weeks of messing around "investigating" before they found the items and returned them to us, because they have returned the item they then just refund your postage and think that everything is fine, in the meantime you are out of pocket for the parts, have a pissed off customer and get bad feedback.
a business cant work that way so we generaly use TNT nowadays

BluntyR5GTT
24-07-2011, 17:54
Mile ebay really sucks atm i just recently was left bad feedback from someone with no feedback as they won my item then decided they didnt want it lol.
With regards to international posting i never do it i always state uk bidders only as iv had nothing but problems.with foreign ebay members

Scoff
24-07-2011, 19:52
Hi Mike, it sucks doesn't it. I hate PayPal and eBay with a real passion, but if you want to trade on the internet, you'll only loose out if you don't offer PayPal as a form of payment :(

When I started up I had a couple of oversea's cases that bit me on the arse. You just have to use international signed-for, even if it's the un-insured variety, and even if it's a £20 part !

I've been insisting on ISF as a minimum for the last 18months and, to date I've not had an overseas problem since. I do a lot of parcels to europe, 5 per week at least and ISF has been fantastic every time. All of my problems have been with standard airmail. Of course, that doesn't mean they didn't get there, the customer might well have just taken the p1ss because he or she didn't have to sign for it.

I had one case overturned recently because I sent PayPal a strong email and threatened to phone them every day until they refunded my money (it was a £120 "goods not received" claim, even though I had the proof of post). They buckled after a week and I got my money. So if it's an expensive one, pester the hell out of them. They make more than enough money out of small businesses like us, and for very little in return !

Chris

phase i 16 v turbo
24-07-2011, 20:03
Thanks for the replies, I didn’t think I would be the only one p***ed off with them.
When I tried to charge for ISF or Airsure I was left low scores on the star rating for charging for ISF, you can’t win. This meant I couldn’t list for a free listing weekend, due to account limitations placed on me. What a shame they have got so large. You can’t even leave negative feedback. As said you need to use them if you want to trade internationally.

Come on someone opening up a new website, back in NZ we had Trade Me.

raider_gtt
24-07-2011, 23:08
I must say I have had some problems with Paypal and over seas bidders as well I now make them pay int/signed for if they don't like it they don't have the item same with the UK it's signed for as much as poss now!
Had one guy over seas buy a brake servo and then tried to claim saying I was selling a turbo unit to Paypal even tho there was pics of the item that you was buying even that they wanted me to refound him even tho I had no item back from the buyer and it was what I had sold him on eBay not a turbo unit as he was claiming that he had bought from me! Even sent Paypal a link to eBay of what I was selling sill no change sill had to pay he's money back so yes seller loses everytime from what I have seen item or money unfair!

djinuk
24-07-2011, 23:29
its a nightmare mike, i had the exact same thing.. send a £88 ring to aus... even signed for... I had a sig, fed all the info into paypal.. it came back in buyers favor..

Go figure.. ive always said, ebay great for buyers crap for sellers..

Woznaldo
25-07-2011, 06:39
As an overseas buyer I've been stung a few times by not using ISF postage. I think by insisting on ISF in your advert, you can minimise these problems reoccurring.

Recently I've been having UK purchases sent to either my Mum or Brother who are UK based and then they forward the stuff on. It's doubling up on postage sometimes but definitely worth the peace of mind.

raider_gtt
25-07-2011, 12:03
As an overseas buyer I've been stung a few times by not using ISF postage. I think by insisting on ISF in your advert, you can minimise these problems reoccurring.

Recently I've been having UK purchases sent to either my Mum or Brother who are UK based and then they forward the stuff on. It's doubling up on postage sometimes but definitely worth the peace of mind.

Maybe that's a better way to go then!

raj
25-07-2011, 17:39
maybe have a gander at these -

ebid (http://www.ebid.net/)

cqout/ (http://www.cqout.com/)

raider_gtt
25-07-2011, 19:23
maybe have a gander at these -

ebid (http://www.ebid.net/)

cqout/ (http://www.cqout.com/)

That E bid didn't really taken off sill no one really knows about it! The other site never heard off