PDA

View Full Version : jb3980 williams gearbox really fitted to clio dci80 too?

steer from the rear
22-07-2011, 12:18
Hello right having a gearbox dilemma I was going to use a renault 5 box in my f7r conversion but needed to swap to a electronic speedo to cable out of my valver box as my car also has the clio dash so can you split the gt box and swap the cable parts over and remove the electric parts

But then I thought I'd get a williams box had a good look round and found a jc5014 williams box with cable speedo great I thought but there was also another number jb3980 so I googled this and it kept coming up dci clio80 I found a link to the clio dci owners club where a lad was using this box on his f4rturbo so will it will mate up to the f7 blocks as he's using a f4 and if the numbers are the same as a williams block is it a jc5 sort of williams gearbox? And cable speedo?

Alastair
31-12-2011, 18:42
Hello right having a gearbox dilemma I was going to use a renault 5 box in my f7r conversion but needed to swap to a electronic speedo to cable out of my valver box as my car also has the clio dash so can you split the gt box and swap the cable parts over and remove the electric parts

But then I thought I'd get a williams box had a good look round and found a jc5014 williams box with cable speedo great I thought but there was also another number jb3980 so I googled this and it kept coming up dci clio80 I found a link to the clio dci owners club where a lad was using this box on his f4rturbo so will it will mate up to the f7 blocks as he's using a f4 and if the numbers are the same as a williams block is it a jc5 sort of williams gearbox? And cable speedo?

Any more on this anyone?

Scoff
31-12-2011, 19:00
F4 and F7 are the same fit, no idea about the gearbox code ?

Andrew Cooke
01-01-2012, 12:03
I don't think you'll find a williams box on a diesel, they just don't rev enough to use a 4.07 final drive. Maybe the Williams box wasn't?