PDA

View Full Version : sun roof seal

mightymanx
22-07-2011, 00:37
hi there is there any were that does a new sunroof seal for the 5 gtt as mine leaks :laugh:

TNT ANDY
22-07-2011, 06:48
I have had this problem for many years and tried to source one from Renault and Peugeot as these where fitted to some 106's dependant on what type you have.
What I found was Renault do not do supply any more and Peugeot will have a choice of 2 of which they have to order in but you will have to buy and are unable to return if wrong, and at around £60 each, in principle this would not do.

I never use mine and have sealed it for may years using a non setting sealant, but what I have found works best is a thin bead of Vaseline applied all the way round. It hasn't leaked and excess easily wipes off. If you must you can still use your sunroof.

The best way to apply this is by loading a large syringe with vaseline and apply like that, not a perfect fix, but stops leaky sun roofs.

Warning (as my mrs found out) - in very hot conditions, the Vaseline will melt and drip, I may have put too much Vas' in there on that particular occasion.