PDA

View Full Version : f7 pistons

steer from the rear
15-07-2011, 18:29
who is it that says u cant run alot of boost on modified std pistons? why is it that u can run 20 psi on a std gt piston yet no one will on a f7, has any one ever blown or know or a f7p/r engine that blown to bits and at what boost?

or is it every one douts renaults build quality and spends the 800 on rods and pistons lol

5teve L
15-07-2011, 19:48
I had Scoff machine some standard F7P pistons down by 1.9mm, I think he said CR would be somewhere around 8.5:1, he seemed to think the rods & pistons would be quite happy @ 20 psi on the right set up.
I will be testing this :D
Others have also said they would prob be fine, just not on a generic BB tuning 'chip'
Standard F7P CR is 10.1 so a bit high for alot of boost....

rs250nut
15-07-2011, 21:13
Boost from what turbo? Its not boost that will fcuk the pistons its pure power/cylinder pressure that will ruin the ring lands or det. As far as comp ratios go 10.1 is not to high for forced induction.................. use some decent fuel:D

5teve L
15-07-2011, 22:07
Boost from what turbo? Its not boost that will fcuk the pistons its pure power/cylinder pressure that will ruin the ring lands or det. As far as comp ratios go 10.1 is not to high for forced induction.................. use some decent fuel:D
Yeah, yeah honda boy.. :wasntme: