PDA

View Full Version : which jets?

kiwicolour
11-07-2011, 00:53
after a lot of reading and research ive not come accross the right answer so sorry if im blind and missed it!

my engine is totally standard apart from an alloy intercooler. can i safely up the boost to 14 or 15psi? and what size carb jets do i need? do i need the fuel and air jets?

thanks

James5
11-07-2011, 08:18
A totally standard engine should be fine to turn the boost up to 14psi carb top, if it is safe or not is another question that no one can answer 100% as no 2 engines are the same if you are wanting to confirm if it is safe to increase you will need to either buy a decent wideband kit or borrow someone's wideband kit to make sure the fueling is fine for the increased boost pressure:agree:.

kiwicolour
12-07-2011, 23:02
A totally standard engine should be fine to turn the boost up to 14psi carb top, if it is safe or not is another question that no one can answer 100% as no 2 engines are the same if you are wanting to confirm if it is safe to increase you will need to either buy a decent wideband kit or borrow someone's wideband kit to make sure the fueling is fine for the increased boost pressure:agree:.

thanks! will look into a wideband before i do anything!