PDA

View Full Version : Removing horn and fittings

adscan
09-07-2011, 22:55
i need to replace my horn arragement as it just clicks. is it possible to remove the horn and piping with the bumper still fitted?

what is the best method?

Bigfoot
09-07-2011, 23:25
Its more than likely the compressor part which has gone rather than the actual horn so yes you can remove that bit to replace. The actually horn section you need to remove the bumper so you can get to the nut which holds it on the panel.

adscan
09-07-2011, 23:43
:(
Its more than likely the compressor part which has gone rather than the actual horn so yes you can remove that bit to replace. The actually horn section you need to remove the bumper so you can get to the nut which holds it on the panel.

I tried replacing just the compressor and it still just clicks (very quickly).
I what else it could be?

Bigfoot
10-07-2011, 09:27
What is clicking? Try putting a power supply and earth to the terminals from a battery and see what happens

adscan
10-07-2011, 10:03
When I press the horn I just get a very fast clicking sound. Could that be the relay? Any idea where the horn relay is located?

Phoenix Autosport
10-07-2011, 10:11
When I press the horn I just get a very fast clicking sound. Could that be the relay? Any idea where the horn relay is located?
get someone to hold the horn on and follow the noise, when you find it can you let me know where it is as mine doesnt work about 50% of the time but i have no noise to follow
:)

tiff_lee
11-07-2011, 19:10
As suggested just connect a live feed to the horn that will show if it actually works or not.

The clicking I would say is the relay, if the horn is seized bugger all will happen but the relay click, you can strip down the compressor assembly and free it off quite easily.

adscan
13-07-2011, 21:50
I have sorted it now. Turned out to be a knackered compressor. :)