PDA

View Full Version : alloy radiator and fan?

mightymanx
07-07-2011, 01:08
hello hope some 1 can help my new 5 has a alloy radiator ive had loads of 5s but no with a alloy radiator before on this radiator the fan is on the front grill side instead of the normal engine side is this rite? maybe a stupid question but ive not seen 1 before so thought id ask

James5
07-07-2011, 09:26
hello hope some 1 can help my new 5 has a alloy radiator ive had loads of 5s but no with a alloy radiator before on this radiator the fan is on the front grill side instead of the normal engine side is this rite? maybe a stupid question but ive not seen 1 before so thought id ask

You can have the fan either side to be honest as long as it's spinning the correct way so if it's on the outside /grill side you need to have it blowing through the rad and if it's in the normal place it needs to be sucking air through it. If the fan is in the grill area sounds like the fan is quiet small to fit that area.

mightymanx
07-07-2011, 10:05
well thank you yer i think i need a new fan as my coolings crap so how do i get the current fan to spin the opposite way from what it should?

DaveMayGTT
07-07-2011, 10:13
Just turn the fan around.

mightymanx
07-07-2011, 10:15
turn it round how

DaveMayGTT
07-07-2011, 10:17
If its sucking now and you need it blowing or vice versa then unscrew the fan or take off any fixings, flip it over so its the other way round and re-secure it.

Nayls
07-07-2011, 10:19
You need to go and see what way the fan is spinning

mightymanx
07-07-2011, 10:20
o rite ok so what way should it spin clock ways or anti clockwise

tiff_lee
07-07-2011, 17:40
Which side is it mounted? front of rad blowing through it, rear of rad (between rad and engine) sucking through it.

Just put your hand opposite side of rad and feel or use piece of paper.

Not sure what fan you have but my aftermarket one can only be mounted one way so if you want to change the direction of rotation just swap the fan connections over.