PDA

View Full Version : RTOC National Day 2012 Surveys - HAVE YOUR SAY!

Big Steve - Raider
06-07-2011, 22:35
Please can you all complete THIS SURVEY (http://www.kwiksurveys.com?s=NJKDOF_450bc718) to give myself & the rest of committee some thoughts on what you want for your national day 2012?? :niceone:

As Before, the password is rtoc (Lower Case) ;)

This time you will be able to follow the results after you complete it yourself! :D

As before, the survey is open for a week and will end on Wednesday 13th July

clee
07-07-2011, 07:57
I think we need a bit more info about some of the options please Steve ;)

Big Steve - Raider
07-07-2011, 08:18
I think we need a bit more info about some of the options please Steve ;)

Good idea Clee :cooter: :laugh:

1) Mallory Park
We all know about this, what it offers the club having done it for the past few years.

2) Blyton Park Trackday

I visited Blyton Park track this week to see shat they could offer the RTOC for our National Day 2012.

Blyton Park is situated just outside the small village of Blyton in Lincolnshire and is fairly easy to find if you just put Blyton in your Sat Nav & find it from there. A Marks the spot...

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/BigSteveT/Blyton%20Park%20Visit/Map.jpg

The entrance to the track is well highlighted with flags & signs & is closed off by two large lockable gates:

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/BigSteveT/Blyton%20Park%20Visit/P1030309.jpg

Through the gates it's about a mile along what is left of the old Blyton USAF Base before you get to the track itself.

At the corner of the Track Entrance there is a Log Cabin which doubles as the Track Office and HQ:

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/BigSteveT/Blyton%20Park%20Visit/P1030323.jpg

Beside the Log Cabin is a large Metal Barn which is now part of the Blyton Park Complex... more about that later!! ;)

The owner of Blyton Park is a guy called Richard Usher who was the previuous owner of Auto Windscreens and someone who's been involved in Motorsport for many years running teams & he even spent 4 years in the Indie Car Series in the USA.

Richard showed me around the pit complex and explained the history. Richard started the Track project several years ago becasue he has done a number of track-days himself and was fed up with the poor track etiquette he'd seen on other events. He tool on the lease in March 2011 and since then has set up the facility but explained that it's not as easy as he first thought!!

The track was designed with the help of John Barker of EVO Magazine and another racing driver who he used to manage. The surface of the track has recently had £250K worth of fresh tarmac laid on the old Concrete surface of the Blyton USAF Runways. The track was designed with ROAD CAR'S in mind and optimised to give the best test of a standard car with plenty of run-off areas around the whole track.

The track is the same width as Cadwell Park and a strict overtaking only on straights policy is enforced to ensure no issues...

Richard then took me out for a couple of laps with me driving my Mondeo!! :scared: Obviously two laps didn't give me a real great feel for the track, but I can certainly confirm that it's both longer than Mallory and a lot more technical with some corners that give you somthing to think about. However there is no gradient change anywhere around the circuit as it was build on a flat Runway.

We then returned to the pits and richard showed me the facilities in-between the log cabin & consist of Ladies, Disabled & Gentlemen's toilets WITH SHOWERS!! :yeah:

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/BigSteveT/Blyton%20Park%20Visit/P1030316.jpg

Answers to some of the questions I asked:

1) How much for venue Hire including Marshals and Insurance?

To hire the venue for a Saturday Track Day sometime in Summer 2012 the cost would be approx £5 - £6K which is about £5 - £4K less than Mallory is charging! I see the RTOC could run a day & not lose money here?!
2) Does it have camping on-site & how much for two night

Yes there are camping facilities right next to the large barn AND there are several power hook-ups which we would be able to avail of if needed. Richard told me that he would probably charge a nominal fee for the camping but I'm sure we could negotiate this??
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/BigSteveT/Blyton%20Park%20Visit/P1030317.jpg

In addition to the campsite, Blyton Park have offered us the use of the Large Barn and Richard offered that not only would it give us a nice place to shelter if the weather was a bit grim, it would also be a good place to have a "Hot Roast" inside?? I think you agree that there would be plenty of room inside the barn for us to sit in if the weather was bad??
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/BigSteveT/Blyton%20Park%20Visit/P1030310.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/BigSteveT/Blyton%20Park%20Visit/P1030315.jpg

3) Saturday hire in the months of June to August.

Yes that's no problem as the 2012 calendar is still pretty empty, HOWEVER he has been approached by both the BMW Car Club and the Peugeot Sports Club for weekend events in 2012 so I imagine the earlier we can make a decision if we want to go with this facility the better chance we would have to get a good date??
4) Can we have spectators in the paddock?

Yes the set-up is not like Mallory where the Paddock is in the centre of the track, all of the paddock & camping area is outside the track. There are spectator banks around the edge of this part of the circuit to allow non-drivers to have a good look. I took some pictures of the view from the top of the spectator bank so could get a feel for the views (The pictures are taken in sequence panning from left to right)
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/BigSteveT/Blyton%20Park%20Visit/P1030319.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/BigSteveT/Blyton%20Park%20Visit/P1030320.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/BigSteveT/Blyton%20Park%20Visit/P1030321.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/BigSteveT/Blyton%20Park%20Visit/P1030322.jpg

There is also another viewing bank next to the track control tower which gives you a view along one of the straights also shown in the last picture above

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/BigSteveT/Blyton%20Park%20Visit/P1030325.jpg

5) Is it a proper circuit/surface i.e. Tarmac not an abondoned airfield like the ****hole that is Brunters?

Yes it's has £250K of new Tarmac laid recently.
6) Does the club need to be recognised with a motorsport body?

No
In addition to the above Q&A, I also wrote my thougts down & created a list of FOR & AGAINST:

FOR

£5 - £6K Cost is immediately cheaper than Mallory Park
Large Barn included in the hire of the Venue which we could use for some added attraction
Quiet location in the middle of no-where
Blyton Dairy Ice Cream Parlour, Cafe & Bistro all just up the road which we could use for lunch
WOK Star Chinese & English Take-Away & a couple of pubs in the village of Blyton
Good On-Site Toilet & Shower Facilities
Tesco's store approx 15 mins away in Gainsborough
Ability to have an on-site catering facility
Power Hook-Ups & Lighting in Barn

AGAINST

No Cafe inside the circuit (although I did spot some bottles of drink for sale in the log cabin) so no food on-site
No shops in walking distance
No on-site petrol station so refuelling requires a trip out.
No Hotel's/B&B's Just up the road - For those who don't fancy camping.. Millie... Who said that? :scared: :laugh:
Might see some complaints/reduction in attendance because we have moved the event further North & it's going to be a long way for the likes of Jesus to attend??
3) MSV Trackday
This is a trackday at one of the MSV sites throughout the country & the price list is attached to the bottom of this thread for your reading pleasure. :D

4) Hillclimb/Sprint
Not sure quite how this works as It looks like we have to belong to an existing afilliated club to do this?? More homework needed on this idea or more input from someone who might have an idea how it works??

5) Go-Karting/Activity day

Theirs a place not far from me near Newmarket called Wildtracks (http://www.wildtracksltd.co.uk/) and at this site they have a number of activities which we could do as a club for a day such as:

Go Karting - One of largest circuits in UK
Archery
Clay Pigeon Shooting
Quad Biking
Crossbows
Battlefield Live - Like paintball
We could make it like a BIG Stag weekend & everyone could bring along their famlies and we would have a "Fun Day" followed by a centralised camping somewhere nearby after the day.

6) French Day National Day
As per my THREAD (http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=22925) we make our National Day the weekend trip to France for the Frenchies National Day :francais:

The club could look into subsidising the trip & costs for the members, we see if we can get an agreement with Norfolk Line for the crossing, organise a big feck off campsite with Xenon for us all?

Baguette's & Beer 2012??

7) Dragstrip day on a Saturday At Shakespere Raceway
We know what we get at Santa Pod but also know that we can't get a Saturday. Why not get a Saturday at Shakey & we do the whole Dragstrip day together with a small handling course or something??

8) Subsidised Stay Over
The club (although god knows how we would do it) hires out a campsite or pays to hire a field & we all just chill out in the (Hopeful) sunshine with a few Festival Ciders??

Just some food for thought guys :study:

Big Steve - Raider
07-07-2011, 08:23
Warpspeed, Bigfoot & djinuk - I've just deleted your posts to tidy up the start of this thread to show the options clearer ;)

Os8472
07-07-2011, 08:42
i'm liking the look of Blyton Park, but just one question, that barn, if we keep it tidy and made sure not to spill any oil or anything would those of us who might break something be allowed to use it as a sort of unoffical pit garafe?

BluntyR5GTT
07-07-2011, 08:54
I like the look of blyton park also. Seems alot more going for it than mallory imo and a substantial saving for the club as well its gotta be a win win:-)

Big Steve - Raider
07-07-2011, 09:09
But just one question, that barn, if we keep it tidy and made sure not to spill any oil or anything would those of us who might break something be allowed to use it as a sort of unoffical pit garage?

Its certainly a possibility Ipswich, but on a Hot Day it would be like an oven in there & on a cold wet day I'd want it to be sheltering the people & not the cars. ;)

Something we could look at though.

Lomo
07-07-2011, 09:14
Just wanted to mention that its also the 10th Birthday of The National Day and the hope that we might get a few clubs from foreign soil coming over!

5teve L
07-07-2011, 09:19
I like the sound of Shakey or Blyton :agree:
I voted for the French trip before I saw the complete picture.

Big Steve - Raider
07-07-2011, 09:24
I like the sound of Shakey or Blyton :agree:
I voted for the French trip before I saw the complete picture.

Ok I've re-set the Survey to ensure we get a more accurate result now that I have posted all of the information about the different events above.

PLEASE CAN YOU ALL RE-SUBMIT YOUR ANSWERS!! :D

Duncan Grier
07-07-2011, 11:31
Great work Steve and all involved!!!! :agree:

Blyton Park has got to be the one :cool::cool::cool:

Really good price and the extras make it look VERY attractive!

Power hook up so will steal my friend motorhome and trailer the car behind that - WIN!

DG

BluntyR5GTT
07-07-2011, 14:51
Blyton park looks a complete no brainer imo and its a track iv never been to looks much more set up for a national day than mallory to me. A little thought i had was to maybe get a few stores down there eg detailing etc

djinuk
07-07-2011, 16:00
blyton looks really good, however its big and i think we would need a large turn out to get the atmosphere, maybe push the advertising a little harder?, in turn bumping profit up for rtoc?

Tony Walker
07-07-2011, 21:44
Blyton does look good. we could use the barn for some evening entertainment:????

An RTOC ball????????????? lol The RTOC Barn Ball?

Hoolio
08-07-2011, 12:39
So what's the state of play on the vote? (as if i couldn't guess) You can only view the once and I did mine early on.

Btw I don't think some of those ideas should be thrown on the scrapheap just because they they don't fair well in a one vote one idea/venue vote if you see what I mean.

Markey Mark (BD)
08-07-2011, 16:43
Bryton looks good mate, well done Steve! :agree:

If we do go for that will make a change from Mallory which for me i am getting slightly bored of now.
I think having little more space will be bonus, for me Mallory parking does get little cramped. I know i wne ton about it last year but with more space maybe we could arrange the parking little better, tracks cars one side and then show cars the other. The show and shine aspect of Nat Day for has always been a let down for me, i'm personally not into it but it nice to actually have a wander round and have alook at the gleaming examples of Renault out there is quite interesting but at Mallory we don't tend to have areas set asside for it or even cordened off.
I know some people say its hard to arrange parking but sod it if you want someone to arrange it i'll do it ;)

With the barn, is there plenty of lights in there or does it not have any? Just thinking of different uses that could be used for it, club shop? Display area for few various Renaults? Or use for night time antics! :D

Would be great to get some of the foreign clubs over too since we're planning to join them on there Nat Day too. :agree:
As its 10th Nat Day i say lets push boat out abit and make it little different

Big Steve - Raider
08-07-2011, 17:45
So what's the state of play on the vote? (as if i couldn't guess) You can only view the once and I did mine early on.

You can check the results of the Survey to date if you click on the PDF at the bottom of this post :niceone:

Big Steve - Raider
08-07-2011, 17:52
I know some people say its hard to arrange parking but sod it if you want someone to arrange it i'll do it ;)

Would the clerk please add that to the Record? Mr Markey Mark will have a special "Parking Monitor" High Vis Vest and control the Parking at ND 2012 :laugh:

With the barn, is there plenty of lights in there or does it not have any? Just thinking of different uses that could be used for it, club shop? Display area for few various Renaults? Or use for night time antics! :D

Yes it's got lights mate & they work a treat! Definately enough illumination for us to point Kris in the direction of his coolbox for (yet) another Cider! :wasntme: ;)

Lomo
09-07-2011, 07:57
Bryton looks good mate, well done Steve! :agree:

If we do go for that will make a change from Mallory which for me i am getting slightly bored of now.
I think having little more space will be bonus, for me Mallory parking does get little cramped. I know i wne ton about it last year but with more space maybe we could arrange the parking little better, tracks cars one side and then show cars the other. The show and shine aspect of Nat Day for has always been a let down for me, i'm personally not into it but it nice to actually have a wander round and have alook at the gleaming examples of Renault out there is quite interesting but at Mallory we don't tend to have areas set asside for it or even cordened off.

Would be great to get some of the foreign clubs over too since we're planning to join them on there Nat Day too. :agree:
As its 10th Nat Day i say lets push boat out abit and make it little different

Organisation on the day is something we are really going to concentrate on next year. Parking, show & shine, etc will all be done exquisitely but I will be calling on the help of each Area Rep to help us with this as it needs to be a complete team effort.
We hope the European Clubs will be in attendance and if the truth be known I've already spoken to someone in the Dutch Owners Club who is very very keen to get his mob over here :agree: Its one of the reasons its so important that we book this sooner rather than later so people can plan.

TNT ANDY
09-07-2011, 08:42
24 people voted now - Woohoo

:sad2:

Lomo
09-07-2011, 09:01
24 people voted now - Woohoo

:sad2:

Time for a mass email maybe...:cylon:

Big Steve - Raider
09-07-2011, 09:30
Its so important that we book this sooner rather than later so people can plan.

:agree: :agree: :agree:

Big Steve - Raider
09-07-2011, 09:48
If the members are voting WHERE the event will be, then you should also be voting WHEN! ;)

Can you please complete this Survey (http://www.kwiksurveys.com?s=NOKHHK_b5015b76) to indicate your preferred month for RTOC ND 2012? :niceone:

As usual, the password to complete the survey is rtoc (lower case)

The results will be avaliable to view Here (http://www.KwikSurveys.com/results-overview.php?surveyID=NOKHHK_b5015b76&mode=4).

Big Steve - Raider
09-07-2011, 09:50
Just figured out how to share the LIVE RESULTS (http://www.KwikSurveys.com/results-overview.php?surveyID=NJKDOF_450bc718&mode=4) of the location survey with you :rolleyes: :laugh:

rat1
09-07-2011, 10:37
bryton looks good to me.as markey says mallory is getting a slightly boring.it be nice to give it a rest even if it's for only 1 year,and try some wear new.and if every one was in the barn at night,it would save walking around a campsite to see who's there.but i don't think a bonfire in the middle will go down to well :laugh:

Bruce - BHPerformance
09-07-2011, 11:46
Blyton looks like a cracking venue.

Just need to encourage more traders along like Ice Cream van/ burger van etc to cover the lack of cafe and maybe even get a large Burco type boiler and provide tea and coffee facilities ourselves as per World Series.

The camping on site with power hookup allows more fridges for COLD beers. :agree:

I think with the lower cost of the venue the cost per person could be much lower to members and stay more expensive for the extra trackday only types.

A hogroast or similar is also a cracking idea to bring members together more and I know they are not mega expensive to sort.

Fully agree with seperated Show and Shine etc but if the show-ers fancy a quick blast on track how about a closed 15-20 minute session just for them so there is no-one out there to stone chip them etc. Maybe first session then they have time to clean the car which will no doubt be dirty from the trip up anyway.

If you need any help I should have more time spare this coming year. :cool:

Masher
09-07-2011, 13:58
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Not that there was anything wrong with Mallory Park, but Blyton Park does look a great venue.

Alastair
10-07-2011, 12:19
Anything with track time is good!

I will have much more time this year (and next hopefully) and will be attending plenty of things, so count me in if you need any help with organising / marshalling etc.

Al

warpspeed
10-07-2011, 16:08
there's an interesting point, what will be the situation for providing mashalls and first aid cover at Blyton?

Big Steve - Raider
10-07-2011, 16:12
there's an interesting point, what will be the situation for providing mashalls and first aid cover at Blyton?

All part of the hire costs Warpity Warp! ;)

philg
10-07-2011, 17:49
two words warehouse rave :)

clee
10-07-2011, 18:04
two others 80,s disco :cool2:

warpspeed
10-07-2011, 19:29
:agree::laugh:

Kenobi
11-07-2011, 11:44
I really like the voting system RTOC uses on subjects such as this.

Pat on the back guys and girls from a long suffering member. :)

:cooter:

warpspeed
11-07-2011, 19:14
All part of the hire costs Warpity Warp! ;)

Will the mashalls be members of the BMMC? What level of first-aid cover will be provided? sorry to be pernickity but these are important questions that need answered properly Steve.

Big Steve - Raider
11-07-2011, 19:52
Will the mashalls be members of the BMMC? What level of first-aid cover will be provided? sorry to be pernickity but these are important questions that need answered properly Steve.

:scratch: Scott; this isn't someone's backyard that we're going to be thrashing around, they hold official Trackdays and Rallycross events.

I'll ask the questions though :study:

clee
11-07-2011, 20:17
I really like the voting system RTOC uses on subjects such as this.

Pat on the back guys and girls from a long suffering member. :)

:cooter:

and long suffered :p

Big Steve - Raider
11-07-2011, 20:39
http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/intheclub.gif (javascript:emoticon(':colours:'))

Lomo
11-07-2011, 22:09
http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/intheclub.gif (javascript:emoticon(':colours:'))

:laugh:

Tony Walker
11-07-2011, 22:19
Whats the special ideas for 10 years then??? Which of the french clubs are heading over? Are we likely to get any of the gordini lot coming?

Big Steve - Raider
11-07-2011, 22:29
Whats the special ideas for 10 years then???

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/em118.gif (javascript:emoticon(':bumshake:'))

Alastair
11-07-2011, 22:33
:scratch: Scott; this isn't someone's backyard that we're going to be thrashing around, they hold official Trackdays and Rallycross events.

Can we do a rally cross hour? AWESOME!

Tony Walker
11-07-2011, 22:34
http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/em118.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:emoticon(':bumshake:'))

Think you got your clubs mixed up :cooter:

Big Steve - Raider
11-07-2011, 22:42
Think you got your clubs mixed up :cooter:

:laugh:

We've got a few Ideas Tony but are not going to release them until we've got things a little more firmed up....

So GET VOTING all you guys who haven't already!! :tuttut:

JRP
11-07-2011, 22:55
and long suffered :p

LOL :laugh:

warpspeed
12-07-2011, 07:11

Thank you.

big t
12-07-2011, 09:22
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

The marshals and medical cover needs to be at least as good as Mallory. We have all seen what can happen, so it is a serious question.

xenon
12-07-2011, 11:04
cette journée national de RTOC , si je comprend bien , il y as :
circuit et exposition , c'est bien sa ??

si l'on me donne les infos nécessaire "rapidement" je ferais ce qui faut pour faire venir les français !!
en tout cas moi personnellement et mes amis sa nous intéresse fortement !!

les anglais en France le 2juin 2012 , et les français chez vous juste derrière , sa serais le top !!!

this day national of RTOC, if I understand well, it there ace:
is circuit and exposure, it well its??

if one gives me the information necessary “quickly” I would make what is necessary to make come French!!
in any case me personally and my friends its strongly interests us!!

English in France on June 2nd, 2012, and French on your premise just behind, his would be the signal!!! :niceone:

:francais::ujack:

BabybluGTT
12-07-2011, 12:46
I havent been to a nat day yet so I cant say im bored of mallory! Blyton does look very good though.. Its all about the rave ;)

Big Steve - Raider
12-07-2011, 13:02
I havent been to a nat day yet so I cant say im bored of mallory! Blyton does look very good though.. Its all about the rave ;)

That's an interesting post.

So some evening entertainment would make you come to the event more-so than the actual car event in the daytime?? http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/eusa_think.gif (javascript:emoticon(':-k'))

Worth more of a discussion on the Committe Boards that.

BabybluGTT
12-07-2011, 14:01
That's an interesting post.

So some evening entertainment would make you come to the event more-so than the actual car event in the daytime?? http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/eusa_think.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:emoticon(':-k'))

Worth more of a discussion on the Committe Boards that.

Not at all mate, like I said I havent been to one yet so cant say I have a preference :p I'm happy with whatever happens :agree::agree:

wiggy-wsm
12-07-2011, 22:33
Blyton Park Trackday this looks good and might be a long way up but if the price is right and can camp am game to drive all the way from weston super mare :)

Alastair
12-07-2011, 23:11
Blyton Park Trackday this looks good and might be a long way up but if the price is right and can camp am game to drive all the way from weston super mare :)

Try Plymouth, or Scotland like Miller etc, that's a fair round trip! Still, either way I will be there for some track action!

wiggy-wsm
12-07-2011, 23:18
thats is a long way to come from but still will be a good weekend and never been to a nat day and relly wont too and should after all been a member of rtoc for years :ashamed: i guss all i was thiinking it would take ages in my campus to get to a nat day or eveing going to france for there nat day but i am aiming to have a turbo 5 buy end of oct after ive done my partying in augest lol

Ashy
13-07-2011, 07:02
Its not that far. I did Bristol to Doncaster in about 3 hours yesterday... And I wasn't booting it.

Lomo
13-07-2011, 08:36
thats is a long way to come from but still will be a good weekend and never been to a nat day and relly wont too and should after all been a member of rtoc for years :ashamed: i guss all i was thiinking it would take ages in my campus to get to a nat day or eveing going to france for there nat day but i am aiming to have a turbo 5 buy end of oct after ive done my partying in augest lol

Just you wait until your part of a local convoy on route to the day. The mileage/distance becomes irrelevant! :)

Big Steve - Raider
14-07-2011, 08:54
cette journée national de RTOC , si je comprend bien , il y as :
circuit et exposition , c'est bien sa ??

si l'on me donne les infos nécessaire "rapidement" je ferais ce qui faut pour faire venir les français !!
en tout cas moi personnellement et mes amis sa nous intéresse fortement !!

les anglais en France le 2juin 2012 , et les français chez vous juste derrière , sa serais le top !!!

this day national of RTOC, if I understand well, it there ace:
is circuit and exposure, it well its??

if one gives me the information necessary “quickly” I would make what is necessary to make come French!!
in any case me personally and my friends its strongly interests us!!

English in France on June 2nd, 2012, and French on your premise just behind, his would be the signal!!! :niceone:

:francais::ujack:

Bonjour xénon,

Ce serait excellent si vous et quelques-uns des clubs français pourraient se joindre à nous pour notre fête nationale 2012. :niceone:

Nous allons vraiment mettre un peu d'effort dans l'événement prochaines années parce que c'est la 10e année de notre Journée nationale de sorte que nous voulons en faire une journée mémorable!

Pour l'instant il semble que ce sera la fin de Juillet 2012, mais nous annoncerons la date pour le club dès que nous savons.

Si vous avez des recommandations de ce que vous aimeriez voir le jour alors je serais heureux de les entendre. Le plus grand soutien que nous obtenir le meilleur de la journée pourrait être!

Steve :francais:

Hello Xenon,

It would be excellent if you and some of the French clubs could join us for our National Day 2012.

We are really going to put some effort into next years event because it's the 10th Year of our National Day so we want to make it a day to remember!!

At the moment it looks like it will be late July 2012 but we will announce the date to the club as soon as we know.

If you have any recommendations of what you would like to see at the day then I would be pleased to hear them. The more support we get the better the day could be!!

Steve :ujack:

Big Steve - Raider
14-07-2011, 09:07
So all the members of the RTOC have spoken.... (all 74 of them :dearme: :rolleyes:) as the National Day 2012 Surveys have now closed.

The Final results on the chosen Location (http://www.kwiksurveys.com/results-overview.php?survey_ID=NJKDOF_450bc718) and Preferred Month (http://www.kwiksurveys.com/results-overview.php?surveyID=NOKHHK_b5015b76&mode=4) can be seen if you click on the links.

So it would seem that the preferred option is to hold the National Day 2012 at Blyton Park in July sometime.

I am now in negotiation with the owner of the facility to see what sort of "Deal" he can do us... ;)

Will report back as soon as I have an update. :D

Mart
14-07-2011, 09:29
Nice work mate, good darts :agree: :cool:

Good suggestion eh? ;)

Big Steve - Raider
14-07-2011, 09:37
Good suggestion eh? ;)

:cooter: Would expect nothing less from the Trackday Organiser

:laugh: ;)

BriC
14-07-2011, 11:29
Bobbins! Only just seen this. Doesn't matter though, as it looks like we're going ahead with my preferred option anyway!

I probably won't have a 5 anymore at the time this takes place, but even still, would like to attend!

Good work on finding the new venue Steve, and all those involved :)

bod 182
15-07-2011, 07:47
Didn,t vote as wherever it is will attend havn,t missed a National day for 8 years now:cool:

Big Steve - Raider
15-07-2011, 17:06

In response to your question Scott, this is the reply I got from the Owner of Blyton Park:

We do not insist that our marshals are BMMC members but they are all experienced and marshal for ourselves, Javelin Trackdays , Cadwell Park and our MSA Rallycross events. We use Event Fire Services to provide both rescue and medical cover on track ( they were the guys who extracted Richard Hammond from his ill fated dragster ride a few years ago) and they have risk assessed the circuit and supply two technicians and a unit for all our track activity.

:)

Mart
15-07-2011, 17:51
:cooter: Would expect nothing less from the Trackday Organiser

:laugh: ;)

Just holla if you need more guidance... ;) :D

Big Steve - Raider
15-07-2011, 19:42
Thanks to these wonderful little survey's we have been creating, the Club members have had their say on WHERE and WHEN the National Day 2012 will be! :niceone:

I am now just wanting to get the members opinions on WHAT they would like to see/experience at the Day and also what Catering and Entertainment options you would prefer??

PLEASE CAN YOU ALL COMPLETE THIS (http://www.kwiksurveys.com?s=NNOLLK_64668849) NEW SURVEY

As before the password to enter is rtoc (lower case)

The survey will run until Midnight on 21st July 2011.

Again you will be able to view the RESULTS (http://www.kwiksurveys.com/results-overview.php?surveyID=NNOLLK_64668849&mode=4) yourself. ;)

We really appreciate you completing these surveys guys so you can contribute to the way the day will run also!! ;)

warpspeed
15-07-2011, 20:57
In response to your question Scott, this is the reply I got from the Owner of Blyton Park:

We do not insist that our marshals are BMMC members but they are all experienced and marshal for ourselves, Javelin Trackdays , Cadwell Park and our MSA Rallycross events. We use Event Fire Services to provide both rescue and medical cover on track ( they were the guys who extracted Richard Hammond from his ill fated dragster ride a few years ago) and they have risk assessed the circuit and supply two technicians and a unit for all our track activity.

:)

Hmmm, let me put it this way Steve, we all saw what happened to Nick at Mallory and how profesional the marshals and first-aid team were in assisting them, heaven forbid something like that happens again but as we all know trackdays are dangerous (it's why we do it after all!)

A high proportion of cars at previous ND's ran road-legal trackday tyres meaning higher cornering speeds and a rollcage isn't required, if a car goes off at Blyton and digs in, it's going to roll a lot meaning a higher risk of serious head injuries, if the marshalling and medical cover isn't to the highest reasonable standard then can we be sure of the correct level of care should something go wrong?

I rolled a race kart twice at around 90mph and there were no marshalls or medical cover provided as it was a test day so i had to wait for an ambulance and then an air-ambulance as the medics suspected i had broken my spine, i was extremely lucky that day and as consequence now look at what could go wrong, it's also part of my job as an engineer on tugs towing 12000ton barges to make sure things don't go wrong putting lives at risk, yes we are all enthusiasts in a car club but we must take every precaution possible.

Sorry if i'm banging on a bit about this but i feel eveybody should be aware of the issues, is the cover provided at Blyton to the same standard as Mallory? If not i would be happy if the tickets were more expensive for the peace of mind of having the same kind of cover as Mallory, if the cover is as good then no problems :D

Mart
15-07-2011, 21:31
I'm failing to see what difference the professionalism of the marshalls is going to make should something go pete tong? If Nick had been knocked unconscious or severly injured at Mallory, it would have been the fire brigade & paramedics getting him out the car, not the marshalls.

Their job is to maintain a level of etiquette on track, flag control, offering assistance if someone pulls off the track, etc etc. Anything major, and the 999 guys get involved. Simple as.

warpspeed
16-07-2011, 07:44
Yes Mart, you are right except that the 1st person or people on the scene largely determine the way things will go, someone skilled in marshalling will know whether to drag someone out of a car if the risk of it catching fire looks greater than the injuries or to keep them still if a spinal or brain injury is the risk, we as humans can't always do the right thing in an emergency but the more training and drills/practise we have then the more likely we will get it right when things do go wrong.
In my day job we do drills all the time as although we may have fire fighting/first-aid and sea survival tickets when we go to sea if we don't practise we do forget our training very quickly, the reason i asked if the marshalls were members of the BMMC is that the club carries out regular training to make sure it's members have all that training fresh in their minds at each event they attend.
I'm only asking the questions as i know that BMMC marshalls are the best in the world and i don't want to take chances with mine or anyone else's safety and neither should we as a club.

Big Steve - Raider
16-07-2011, 16:02
Thanks to these wonderful little survey's we have been creating, the Club members have had their say on WHERE and WHEN the National Day 2012 will be! :niceone:

I am now just wanting to get the members opinions on WHAT they would like to see/experience at the Day and also what Catering and Entertainment options you would prefer??

PLEASE CAN YOU ALL COMPLETE THIS (http://www.kwiksurveys.com?s=NNOLLK_64668849) NEW SURVEY

Again you will be able to view the RESULTS (http://www.kwiksurveys.com/results-overview.php?surveyID=NNOLLK_64668849&mode=4) yourself. ;)

We really appreciate you completing these surveys guys so you can contribute to the way the day will run also!! ;)

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/bump.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:emoticon(':flashbump:'))

5teve L
16-07-2011, 16:55
Done :agree:
I like some of the ideas on there, a catering van may be a good call for the day, unless we can get a big BBQ caterer or something that goes all day & into the eve?

Mind you if there is places nearby we could get deliveries or non-drinkers could pop out to get food, whats the security situation Steve ? Are we going ot be allowed off site or is there a lock in ?
I also like the idea of maybe a RR or something else to do during the day if you aren't on track.

Big Steve - Raider
16-07-2011, 17:27
I like some of the ideas on there, a catering van may be a good call for the day, unless we can get a big BBQ caterer or something that goes all day & into the eve?

That's one of my ideas for next years big day, rather than everyone having to go to all the hassle of bringing BBQ's, Buns, Sauce, Meat ETC ETC the club could put on a subsidised BBQ van/burger wagon & then the members are able to buy some cheap (But Quality!) food at the day leaving you more time to enjoy the day, rather than cooking! :D

Mind you if there is places nearby we could get deliveries or non-drinkers could pop out to get food, whats the security situation Steve ? Are we going ot be allowed off site or is there a lock in ?
I also like the idea of maybe a RR or something else to do during the day if you aren't on track.

There's a small Chinese takeaway in Blyton Village (A 5 minute drive away)

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/BigSteveT/Blyton%20Park%20Visit/untitled2.jpg

And for the Ladies... ;) An ICE CREAM PARLOUR in the Village of Blyton also which is also a Cafe & Bistro.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/BigSteveT/Blyton%20Park%20Visit/untitled.jpg

There is a Tesco's and large restaurant (about 15 minutes drive away). I'm sure you'll be able to come & go, I wouldnt want up to be locked in for the whole weekend! :crap:

I'm thinking about a portable rolling road for the day also. If anyone knows a tuner with one or has a preference of which one to get there, then please let me know ;)

Big Steve - Raider
19-07-2011, 23:13

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/post-771-1129964494.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:emoticon(':flogging:'))

Tony Walker
19-07-2011, 23:33
lol

wiggy-wsm
27-07-2011, 00:07
looking good guys :)

BluntyR5GTT
28-07-2011, 21:54
sounding really good :agree:

theres a couple of vids on youtube of cars on the new track, also a little write up in last months redline mag. really like the look of the track and location