PDA

View Full Version : springy clutch peddle!!!!

bennyboy
05-07-2011, 20:57
my clutch peddle is very springy near the middle, which is also where the bite is which makes it awkward when setting off, the cable is sat in all the clips (that are there,2 or 3)
just wondered if am missing something ??? ive had the car 3 years and its snapped 2 cables both where it comes throu the bulkhead, any suggestions???

thanks ben

Tony Walker
05-07-2011, 21:14
mine springs in a similar way, i snapped one cable once, then fitted an "uprated" kind which snapped withing a few days, then fitted a standard one and its done around 4-5 years? and is melting on the exhaust lol

michael tierney
05-07-2011, 21:54
when i had a cable i used to replace it every few years before it broke!!;)and i still carried a spare:rolleyes:

Kris M
05-07-2011, 23:20
IIRC Renault re designed the ratchet mechanism on the clutch pedal as cables were snapping left right and centre ( something to do with the angle the cables comes through the bulkhead at, could be wrong ?? ) When you buy a new clutch pedal from Renault its of the newer design. The soft pedal convertion takes alot of strain off the cable especially with the volvo clutch. Also, only ever use genuine Renault clutch cables. The pattern ones are crap :cool::D

bennyboy
06-07-2011, 20:34
thanks for all your advise guys!!!