PDA

View Full Version : differences between gtt and campus shells

stevedob1664
02-07-2011, 16:56
Hi does anybody know the differences between the gtt and the campus shells ive herd the rear beams are different? would the gtt beam bolt onto a campus? any info would be great

thanks steve

Nick k
02-07-2011, 18:37
Hi does anybody know the differences between the gtt and the campus shells ive herd the rear beams are different? would the gtt beam bolt onto a campus? any info would be great

thanks steve

Hi, Yes the GT beam will bolt straight on to a campus, however you need a rear compensator for the rear brakes which you might not have a bracket to mount it too! Shells are very simular, some dont have both hinge points of rear split seat bases which is not a problem, no hole for perc fan into inner wing again not a problem. all depends on what you plan to do with the campus shell?

michael tierney
02-07-2011, 20:10
i'd say as long as u have a donor car u could sort it.if the campus is post 1992(efi)then there could be a legal hitch(emissions...carb)but there must be a way around that!!

Ian S
02-07-2011, 22:01
I think it was and maybe still is the case that is you put and old engine in a newer car it counts as the old engine for emissions.

stevedob1664
03-07-2011, 18:44
Thanks guys, just needed to know that the rear beam mounts were the same before i get a cage welded into a rust free campus shell. as for the rear compensator i might use a bias valve as it will only be used on a track.

5alldaway
03-07-2011, 19:02
the rear arches are different too

TommyB
03-07-2011, 20:28
I dont use the compensator on mine and the brakes are fine.