PDA

View Full Version : RTOC CAR RAFFLE - WIN A Phase 1 Renault 5 GT Turbo

Pages : [1] 2

Miller
26-06-2011, 18:59
Fancy Owning a Classic?!

We’ve all, at some time or other, thought about what it would be like owning a Classic OE Renault Turbo and experiencing that ‘as it was meant to be’ drive.

Well, RTOC are proud to announce, we are giving one lucky member the chance to win a fine example of a Renault 5 GT Turbo! Thats right, for the first time since the club was formed we are giving you the chance to own a CAR!!!! A 1986 Phase 1 Renault 5 GT Turbo that belonged to Mike Amato (http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=22989) click to see advert. The car is known within the club and is a fantastic example of how the little pocket rocket should be. With under 53,000 miles on the clock this little beauty is as close to the real deal as you’ll find!

RTOC Raffle

The car is being raffled by the Renault Turbo Owners Club and over the coming months the members of RTOC can purchase the tickets through the club shop or at the Frog Of Pod day on July 1st, 2011 where the car will be on display. The winner will be drawn on Saturday 20th August at Renault World Series at Silverstone by none other than the Renault Rally Genius himself, Jean Ragnotti!! The car has just been MOT'd for 12 months, has 6 months Road Tax and will come with a full tank of petrol.

Tickets go on sale at Frog Of The Pod.

RULES & REGULATIONS OF RAFFLE

1. Tickets are £20.00 and MAXIMUM purchase per paid member is 5 tickets!

2. In order for the raffle to be drawn a minimum of 125 must be sold before Renault World Series at Silverstone on August 20th, 2011.

3. The maximum number of tickets on offer is 400. Requests for tickets and therefore donations received after all tickets are assigned or following the drawing, will be returned to the entrant(s).

4. Paypal is our preferend method of payment through the club shop or cash at the event.

5. Cheques can be made payable to Renault Turbo Owners Club, cheques will not be accepted after 1st august.

6. ONLY PAYING RTOC Members can enter the draw.

7. Members numbers will be cross referenced with the tickets sold in the shop.

8. The car will be supplied with an MOT valid till 23rd June 2012.

9. The car will be supplied with 6 Months Road Tax.

10. The car will be supplied with a full tank of Petrol.

11. The car's V5 will only be signed over to a fully paid RTOC Member on the day of the raffle

12. The car will be part of the Renault Turbo Owners Club 'Show Car' group (more info to follow) and will be required at 2012 events such as National Day, Frog Of Pod & Renault World Series (subject to new owners availability)

13. It is the responsibility of the winner to arrange insurance cover for the day of collection.

14. All raffle money will go straight back in to the club to fund future projects and to cover all losses incurred this year.

15. The car is won as seen

16. As the car is 25 year old you must realise that you are not winning a new car and will have problems associated with a car of this age. The club is aware of the following faults and any prospective owner must know this. These were the only parts pointed out at the MOT that will need repairing before it's next MOT.

Passenger sill will need replacing, comes with a new outer and inner sill for it to be repaired..... Drivers side inner and outer were changed last year so you do not need to worry about that one.

Passenger side sill to chassi leg brace.

Everything else looked good at the mot with regards to structural bodywork.

17. The following parts have been noticed by myself (Miller) and would get sorted over the winter time when you replace the sill.

Small rust bubble on front of bonnet.

Surface rust at a few parts of the windscreen surround.

Drivers door needs a new pin

18. The Committee have been as honest as possible with the condition of the car and we feel who ever is lucky enough to win the car will spend the money they saved on the purchase cost and use that money to make a very good car an excellent car again.

19. The car does not come with ANY warranty or guarantees from RTOC

20. By purchasing your ticket(s) you are agreeing to the above terms & conditions

http://upupdesign.com/R5GTT/R5_002.jpg

http://upupdesign.com/R5GTT/R5_003.jpg

http://upupdesign.com/R5GTT/R5_004.jpg

http://upupdesign.com/R5GTT/R5_005.jpg

http://upupdesign.com/R5GTT/R5_006.jpg

http://upupdesign.com/R5GTT/R5_007.jpg

http://upupdesign.com/R5GTT/R5_008.jpg

http://upupdesign.com/R5GTT/R5_009.jpg

http://upupdesign.com/R5GTT/R5_0010.jpg

Good Luck

The RTOC Committee:D

Lomo
26-06-2011, 19:10
The very best of luck everyone :agree::cool:

J8TRO
26-06-2011, 22:00
Brilliant :yeah:
What a great idea.

Bruce - BHPerformance
27-06-2011, 00:10
Paying members only so that rules me out then. :(

Miller
27-06-2011, 00:36
Paying members only so that rules me out then. :(

That statement is towards the registered members on the site that do not contributed to the club coffers. Any honnary member is certainly entitled to buy a ticket, they do not pay membership because the prevous time they have given to the club.

Chris

gtmatt
27-06-2011, 09:04
cracking good luck everyone :)

DaveMayGTT
27-06-2011, 09:37
11. The car's V5 will only be signed over to a fully paid RTOC Member on the day of the raffle

Does that mean if your not a world series theres no need to enter?

Great idea, hope that the minimum number gets met easily

Lomo
27-06-2011, 09:53
Does that mean if your not a world series theres no need to enter?

Great idea, hope that the minimum number gets met easily

Not at all, in certain circumstances the car will be kept until the winner can pick it up and then it will be signed over. We wont be handing the car over to a relative etc. The winner will be the next name on the V5.

Gibbo69
27-06-2011, 10:10
Brill idea :)

dave_gtt
27-06-2011, 10:26
I'm from Ireland, and probably won't be there on the day of the draw, is there any reason that i could not enter/win.

James_Surridge G1 5 GTT
27-06-2011, 10:29
Brill idea :)

:agree:

Nayls
27-06-2011, 10:32
Maybe it's just me but i think it should be 1 ticket per member,not a maximum of 5,
Then everyone has exactly the same chance reguardless of how deep your pockets are.

i feel like i'd need to buy the full 5 tickets to give myself a fair chance,for this reason alone i wont be buying a ticket.

Good luck to those that do though :) :agree:

D4WNO
27-06-2011, 10:48
I'm from Ireland, and probably won't be there on the day of the draw, is there any reason that i could not enter/win.

No this is fine so long as you can collect the car within the alloted timeframe. You can mutually agree the meeting place/time in advance with Miller if it's easier for you :)

Trevhib
27-06-2011, 10:49
Maybe it's just me but i think it should be 1 ticket per member,not a maximum of 5,
Then everyone has exactly the same chance reguardless of how deep your pockets are.

i feel like i'd need to buy the full 5 tickets to give myself a fair chance,for this reason alone i wont be buying a ticket.

Good luck to those that do though :) :agree:

This is how all raffles work.

car.crash
27-06-2011, 11:04
It's a good idea but the fact I have to keep it makes it's another expense for something I don't need and would only end up selling it as I have a 5 already.

Lomo
27-06-2011, 11:12

Are you sure Trev? I've entered countless of raffles where I've bought 5+ tickets...

Nayls
27-06-2011, 11:43

I know,and with most raffles you can buy as many tickets as you like,but then they are normally 50p or a pound??

Im just saying if i was to enter i would like as good an oppurtunity as everyone else so would like the full amount,but i cant justify risking £100 to do that,so for that reason i wont bother entering at all.

im not complaining :) just voicing my opinion on the matter,other's may agree? other's will just take the plunge? that's up to them :)

Trevhib
27-06-2011, 12:12
The limit is odd but that wasn't the issue Nayls was citing. It was that you could buy more than one ticket. All I was saying was that in all the raffles I'd seen it was always possible to buy more than one ticket.

I agree in that I can't see a point to limiting the number of tickets any one person can buy. That's a different issue that were it altered, would compound Nayls' issue rather than alleviate it.

clee
27-06-2011, 12:22
Well I think there should only be 1 ticket and it should cost £2500 :coffee::cooter:
Jeez ! Why does everything have to be dissected ?
The rules are the rules so buy one ,five or none :sad2:

Lomo
27-06-2011, 12:45
Well I think there should only be 1 ticket and it should cost £2500 :coffee::cooter:

If I've learnt anything in business its the fact we will never please everyone all of the time and thats life and its each to their own :) For those that do choose to enter the very best of luck :cool:

In it to win it :agree::)

Lomo
27-06-2011, 12:48
Just to add, the car will be present at Santa Pod this Friday when tickets go on sale so come have a look :cool:

RoboEK
27-06-2011, 13:50
WOW this is my old car I owned it around 2005 and I can honestly say it is the best 5 I have ever had/driven the only reason I sold it was because I was clocking up the miles it was @ arround 34,000, it did have braided brake hoses, and uprated brakes back then (dont know if it still dose) i will definatly be entering more than once!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :agree:

Nayls
27-06-2011, 15:10

Now now! :cry:;)

Im not complaining,and you have the rules and that's fair enough.

Im just sharing my thought's on the matter,IF it was to be the case in a matter of time that the question was asked "why have'nt we sold enough tickets??" then my reason for not buying is as stated :)

it seems that nobody else thinks like me so you're ok anyway :)

Good luck to those that enter!

My money's on jesus winning! :laugh:

xenon
27-06-2011, 22:24
superb idea!!

being French, can I take part in it ? :crap:

D4WNO
27-06-2011, 22:44
superb idea!!

being French, can I take part in it ? :crap:

Of course, as long as you can collect within the timeframe and transfer it back to France yourself etc :)

Miller
27-06-2011, 22:51
All Rtoc members that are full paid members can enter the raffle, even if you do not stay in mainland Britain If someone from overseas wins the car they will have to travel over here to collect it.

Good luck

xenon
27-06-2011, 23:37
thank you for your answer!!

highly the sale ticket. ;)

Moggy
28-06-2011, 07:32
Sorted! £100 at the ready, lady luck on my side and a dimma body kit ready for fittings but I'll fit the rear wings on the front and front on the back, some 19" alloys and a stereo from the top shelf of Halfords!

give me a few weeks once I win and I'll have it on ebay painted candy pink :wasntme:

Lomo
28-06-2011, 08:06
Sorted! £100 at the ready, lady luck on my side and a dimma body kit ready for fittings but I'll fit the rear wings on the front and front on the back, some 19" alloys and a stereo from the top shelf of Halfords!

give me a few weeks once I win and I'll have it on ebay painted candy pink :wasntme:

Its not in your blood to do that mate! :cooter:
:francais:

Moggy
28-06-2011, 08:09
maybe its about time i did! might get noticed a bit more :dearme:

Bruce - BHPerformance
30-06-2011, 00:08
That statement is towards the registered members on the site that do not contributed to the club coffers. Any honnary member is certainly entitled to buy a ticket, they do not pay membership because the prevous time they have given to the club.

Chris

Well in that case I may have to buy more than one as its been ages since I owned a GTT and never a std one! :D

Would certainly give me a good excuse to attend more events if I had a car to show as Maxi Megane is still a work in progress. :(

Tony Walker
30-06-2011, 20:42
Im trying to figure out a way to sign my wife up to rtoc to buy more without here knowing :) i think her getting a membership card through the post might raise some suspicion :scared:
Again.... fantasticly brilliant idea, next purchase has to be a turbo 2 tho :D i'd buy a £50 ticket for one :D

frano81
02-07-2011, 16:39
so how do we buy the tickets?

Lomo
02-07-2011, 18:45
so how do we buy the tickets?

They'll be available in the shop very soon Francis and we'll announce it on here when they are :)

Lomo
03-07-2011, 11:13
They'll be available in the shop very soon Francis and we'll announce it on here when they are :)

If you haven't already noticed the Homepage has been changed and the tickets are now available!!

Click HERE (http://www.rtoc.org/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22&products_id=107)

In it to win it!

Good luck everyone!

car.crash
03-07-2011, 11:22
If I win is the car mine to do as I please with?

Adey aka Ewok
03-07-2011, 11:24
only 2 tickets sold?

clee
03-07-2011, 11:32
No, more that that .Only just put it in the shop an hour ago ;)
We sold a few at POD ,'bout 10 when I left at lunchtime .I won't know how many more until Miller gets here to drop the prize off .I will then amend the stock .
We need to sell 125 to make the draw possible and WSR is the target date .

clee
03-07-2011, 11:36

Of course it is .
There are certain things the club, it's members also ,would like to see happen and some they would hate ......
I wouldn't want to be the one that broke it or sold on for big bucks :coffee:

Lomo
03-07-2011, 11:36

Its in the terms & conditions dude...

Duncan Grier
04-07-2011, 10:13
That car would look great in the garage......next to the vag Tsi lump :cooter:

Std oe v's track beast my only 2 options........if I win of course :eek: 150ish bhp v's 375ish bhp mmmnnnnnnnn

Maybe its time for vag 4wd GT turbo :p

Or leave it the hell along and enjoy :laugh:

DG

c7borg
04-07-2011, 16:07
when I went to buy a ticket it said there was a £2.50 delivery charge is that correct?

clee
04-07-2011, 16:09
Yes

c7borg
04-07-2011, 16:29
is that for the delivery of the car or the ticket :).. 1st class stamps must have gone through the roof, or does it come with the handbook to peruse?

clee
04-07-2011, 16:36
I won my bet ;)

Admin ...Paypal fees ..envelope ..stamps ....ticket production ...........Mike put £80 worth of fuel in it to get it down south ,don't think he asked for that back :coffee:

clee
04-07-2011, 16:41
**** !! forgot about storage fees :laugh:

c7borg
04-07-2011, 16:45
I won my bet ;)

Admin ...Paypal fees ..envelope ..stamps ....ticket production ...........Mike put £80 worth of fuel in it to get it down south ,don't think he asked for that back :coffee:

I don't get it.. why isn't the ticket £22.50 then?

clee
04-07-2011, 17:04
Because it isn't ,it's £20 which was calculated relative to selling 125 to break even .The postal charges help to cover admin costs and on certain items this leaves us with a bit left over .If you buy 5 tickets the PP fees increase etc but you are not charged £10 extra for buying 4 more .
The shop is a service for members ,we lose on it more than we make .It's not feckin Ebay and it's not a business .I only wish it was m,then we could do far more with it to the benefit of all .
We charge a flat rate postage in the shop so if you feel you are being ripped off then buy two sets of headbolts and the club will lose on the postage ...........................

clee
06-07-2011, 12:35
Could members please let me know their username when buying tickets .This will make it easier for me to check membership status .
The raffle is only open to members .If any non members manage to buy one then that ticket will become void :devil:

Lomo
07-07-2011, 08:37
Tickets are available in the Club Shop Ladies & Gents

In it to win it people!:smokin:

Lomo
11-07-2011, 12:13
For anyone travelling to Bluntys Rolling Road day on the 23rd July I will have Raffle Tickets on me to sell...£20 a ticket :)

Adey aka Ewok
11-07-2011, 18:58
many sold?

clee
11-07-2011, 19:41
Fifth of the way there .
I listed 400 in the shop then manually removed Pod sales so the remaining listed figure is correct as shown in stock .
It would be good to draw this at WSR but if we haven't managed to shift the minimum amount then it will take place as soon as we do :agree:

Lomo
13-07-2011, 23:00
I just wanted to take 2 minutes out to tell you about this afternoon.

Im looking after the Phase 1 for the time being whilst the Raffle runs and I was lucky enough to pick the old girl up from Clee in Derbyshire and drive it home. Approximately 121 miles. I cant begin to tell you just how good the journey was and how good this little car really is. I felt like I was 17 again. Cruising along at 70mph with not a care in the world and even had the thumbs up twice from passing motorists. She's an absolute delight to drive! So much so, this morning I was booked in for a Lamborghini experience and whilst it was excellent and I was able to open a Super Car up, driving the little french 5 along our roads was the highlight of my day. Even Nicolomo, driving behind me, had to smile every time she overtook me...

I'll be truthful with you and say I'll be gutted when she goes off the drive (Im enjoying it whilst it lasts) but like those who have already entered, Im hoping my ticket gets drawn late August.

I cant think of any better way for an enthusiast to spend £20.00.....Saying that, even £100...

She really is beautiful! :agree:

Good luck to everyone who enters, you simply wont be dissapointed...

Iain

Tony Walker
13-07-2011, 23:24
:agree:I'd of payed £20 to drive it for the day lol.

Lomo
14-07-2011, 20:34
I took some time out today to give the old girl a bit of pampering and set to work with some detailing goodies. All thats left are the bumpers.

She looks fantastic!

After a wash
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=1404&pictureid=16672

Time with a Clay Bar
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=1404&pictureid=16673

Half the roof treated with Ultimate Compound
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=1404&pictureid=16674

I couldnt resist taking one of the pair of them :ashamed:
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=1404&pictureid=16675

Just the bumpers to do
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=1404&pictureid=16676

She came up a treat!
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=1404&pictureid=16679
Lovely Ass! :p
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=1404&pictureid=16677

Penfold aka The Dealer
14-07-2011, 20:55
:agree: Lomo you deserve to win this car & then you can sell me your ph1 seats :)

Lomo
14-07-2011, 22:05
:agree: Lomo you deserve to win this car & then you can sell me your ph1 seats :)

LoL. No mate, just trying to get her looking sweet for whoever does win it. They'll have a real gem on their hands :D

Tony Walker
14-07-2011, 22:40
I can testify for this, went to have a peep at it today after being all polished up, very nice example, with very little needed to make mint.

going_downhill
15-07-2011, 10:55
I think you may have sold a few more tickets posting those pics. Looks mega. :goodJob:

Mart
15-07-2011, 13:32
Beginning to wish I had bought the car when it was originally up for sale... :cry:

Lomo
15-07-2011, 16:04
Beginning to wish I had bought the car when it was originally up for sale... :cry:

Then save yourself £2400 and buy £100 worth of tickets..in it to win it fella :agree:

Big Steve - Raider
15-07-2011, 16:06

Don't you start that again, we've heard this record a few times already ;)

jesus in the seat of a 5
20-07-2011, 22:24
Now now! :cry:;)

Im not complaining,and you have the rules and that's fair enough.

Im just sharing my thought's on the matter,IF it was to be the case in a matter of time that the question was asked "why have'nt we sold enough tickets??" then my reason for not buying is as stated :)

it seems that nobody else thinks like me so you're ok anyway :)

Good luck to those that enter!

My money's on jesus winning! :laugh:

:laugh:...i have opted out of this competetion on the basis that i have a phase 1 and im using all my friends garages allready.....:laugh::wasntme: , she does look sweet though...:scared::laugh:

Purple_rob
21-07-2011, 00:11
Not sure if i've missed it but how will the name been drawn?.

;) Rob

Lomo
21-07-2011, 08:26
Not sure if i've missed it but how will the name been drawn?.

;) Rob

If the minimum number of tickets are sold Jean Ragnotti will be drawing it on August 20th at the World Series at Silverstone. :)

Trevhib
21-07-2011, 09:59
If the minimum number of tickets are sold Jean Ragnotti will be drawing it on August 20th at the World Series at Silverstone. :)

What a boon! :agree:

Lomo
22-07-2011, 16:22
I thought Id give the old girl another clean before a short journey to the rolling road day tomorrow to put her on show and to sell some raffle tickets. I finally got round to doing some work on the bumpers and the wheels. I think she looks great!

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=1404&pictureid=16716

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=1404&pictureid=16715

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=1404&pictureid=16714

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=1404&pictureid=16713

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=1404&pictureid=16712

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=1404&pictureid=16711

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=1404&pictureid=16710

MikeA
22-07-2011, 21:23
I thought Id give the old girl another clean before a short journey to the rolling road day tomorrow to put her on show and to sell some raffle tickets. I finally got round to doing some work on the bumpers and the wheels. I think she looks great!

You're killin me here mate! :cry:

It's looking great. I miss the interior. Can't believe someone could get it for £20!

Hoolio
23-07-2011, 00:01
So did you use the old olive oil method on those plastics? ;)

Lomo
23-07-2011, 06:21

I did Hoolio and if Im honest it didn't do as much as I thought it would.:scratch: Ended up using some Autoglym bumper care and its worked well :)

Hoolio
23-07-2011, 09:29
I am surprised, always worked well for me, cleaning and leaving a nice sheen but looks like its come up fine :)

James_Surridge G1 5 GTT
23-07-2011, 12:42

Tell Tell!

Hoolio
23-07-2011, 13:36
Tell Tell!

I heard that apparently peanut butter was really good for removing any white residue left by polish on any black plastics (something to do with the oil) so decided to use olive oil as its tidier and found that it did clean really well and left a nice finish, even after washing white marks had been removed and looked much better whereas most other treatments just tend to cover up.

Lomo
23-07-2011, 18:26
A big thanks to Gibbo for taking the pictures today at the Rolling Road Day:agree::cool:

Have you got your tickets yet people? :)

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=1404&pictureid=16724

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=1404&pictureid=16725

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=1404&pictureid=16726

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=1404&pictureid=16727

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=1404&pictureid=16728

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=1404&pictureid=16729

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=1404&pictureid=16730

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=1404&pictureid=16731

James_Surridge G1 5 GTT
24-07-2011, 08:35
I heard that apparently peanut butter was really good for removing any white residue left by polish on any black plastics (something to do with the oil) so decided to use olive oil as its tidier and found that it did clean really well and left a nice finish, even after washing white marks had been removed and looked much better whereas most other treatments just tend to cover up.

The new Bill J
24-07-2011, 11:14
I heard that apparently peanut butter was really good for removing any white residue left by polish on any black plastics (something to do with the oil) so decided to use olive oil.....

You could have bought some peanut oil ;)

Lomo
05-08-2011, 07:57
Well, my tickets are purchased...

In it to win it...:cooter:

Big Steve - Raider
05-08-2011, 15:38
Well, my tickets are purchased...

In it to win it...:cooter:

Me Too!! :D

You should have saved your money mate as I'm winning it!! :laugh:

Lomo
05-08-2011, 16:13
Me Too!! :D

You should have saved your money mate as I'm winning it!! :laugh:

Arm Wrestle? :innocent:

BluntyR5GTT
05-08-2011, 16:18
lomo ill purchase mine this month fella, my bro wanted a ticket he really liked the car when he was up at wgt with us, told him hes not allowed he wasnt happy haha

Lomo
05-08-2011, 16:21
lomo ill purchase mine this month fella, my bro wanted a ticket he really liked the car when he was up at wgt with us, told him hes not allowed he wasnt happy haha

No problems mate, you can do it through the shop :agree:

Unfortunate for your brother! He could always join the club and buy his tickets ;). If he was to win it at least he'd already be a member ;)

BluntyR5GTT
05-08-2011, 16:22
ya know what im tempted even pay for him to join so he can enter

Lomo
05-08-2011, 16:24
ya know what im tempted even pay for him to join so he can enter

Thats the spirit ! :D

Logg
05-08-2011, 18:13
I know of this fella that works near me that use to drive a GTT but last night crashed his present car could the club donate a ticket to him?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2022680/Rowan-Atkinson-cheats-death-240mph-supercar-bursts-flames-hitting-tree.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Trevhib
06-08-2011, 09:33
I know of this fella that works near me that use to drive a GTT but last night crashed his present car could the club donate a ticket to him?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2022680/Rowan-Atkinson-cheats-death-240mph-supercar-bursts-flames-hitting-tree.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Twice! I thought this was the original story and nearly didn't bother to read it. Surely it's beyond repair this time?

Trevhib
06-08-2011, 10:41
:p

Adam 005
06-08-2011, 10:51
How does a car that needs a new inner and outer sill pass an mot:confused::D

Tony Walker
06-08-2011, 11:11
Tester is only allowed to use a little toffee hammer to hear the sound difference, if its under a sideskirt, he cant really fail it, he's not allowed to remove anything in any way. inner sill probably sounds solid even if its rotten.

The new Bill J
06-08-2011, 14:11
Twice! I thought this was the original story and nearly didn't bother to read it. Surely it's beyond repair this time?

I wouldn't be surprised if they fixed it. Did you ever see the Enzo that was well and truly totalled, a few years back. Ferrari told the owner to send it to them, and they'd rebuild it :scared:

trojan
14-08-2011, 10:52
how many tickets have the club sold so far?

Lomo
14-08-2011, 11:19
how many tickets have the club sold so far?

Its on the homepage mate. :coffee:

66 out the shop and I have sold 5 so 71 :)

dave_gtt
14-08-2011, 11:57
Its on the homepage mate. :coffee:

66 out the shop and I have sold 5 so 71 :)

Make that 75;)

Lomo
14-08-2011, 12:00
Make that 75;)

Excellent! Thanks Dave and good luck :niceone:

dave_gtt
14-08-2011, 12:02
Excellent! Thanks Dave and good luck :niceone:

Cheers mate:agree:

Trevhib
14-08-2011, 14:38
So, another 54 tickets need selling in the next 5 days if the raffle is to be drawn next Saturday at the event.

Come on guys, dig deep :D

dave_gtt
14-08-2011, 14:45
So, another 54 tickets need selling in the next 5 days if the raffle is to be drawn next Saturday at the event.

Come on guys, dig deep :D

50, i bought 4 earlier, come on people:wasntme:

Robbo
14-08-2011, 18:53
if the car is going down to world series why not put a poster up ' WIN THIS CAR '
only £45 per ticket includes 1 years membership to rtoc. Just an idea, that way we get more interest in the club aswell.

Adey aka Ewok
14-08-2011, 20:21
I'd be pissed off if someone from outside the club won the car

Purple_rob
14-08-2011, 23:45
I'd be pissed off if someone from outside the club won the car

I totally agree!.

I've been waiting for clee to get back to me on another ticket as the shop has some of my ££. Is he on hols?

Rob

Lomo
15-08-2011, 08:37
If we don't sell all the tickets before the World Series I think its fair to say we wont be drawing it at World Series. The aim of the draw was to try and keep the car in the club. We'll just need to decide on another draw date. BUT remember, the car has just been taxed so the longer it goes on the less tax left on the car. It was renewed on August 1st. :) We bought the tax with the RWS draw in mind.

On another note, if the minimum number of tickets sell, the more chance those who have entered have of winning the car! So come on, get those tickets bought!

Lomo
15-08-2011, 08:38
I totally agree!.

I've been waiting for clee to get back to me on another ticket as the shop has some of my ££. Is he on hols?

Rob

I have no idea! :scratch:

clee
15-08-2011, 09:02
Not on holiday , just busy trying to put an A610 back together :p
Yes Rob , I'll send you another ticket you just need to send £7.50 to shop@rtoc.org .
Not sure I will make WSR ,we'll need to decide if we draw the raffle at a later date .I can't see us shifting 50+ in the next 5 days .
It's the 20th anniversary of the A610 and RAOC are trying to get 20 cars there .If it goes well this week I'll bring the one here down on the Saturday to bed the engine in :scared::scared:

James_Surridge G1 5 GTT
15-08-2011, 12:49
Does the raffle continue untill all tickets are sold??

clee
15-08-2011, 13:23
Until we sell 125

dickiegtt
15-08-2011, 19:38
C'mon lads only 50+ tickets, in it to win it:D Lets give her a new home in the club asap!

Adey aka Ewok
15-08-2011, 21:34
Not on holiday , just busy trying to put an A610 back together :p
Yes Rob , I'll send you another ticket you just need to send £7.50 to shop@rtoc.org .
Not sure I will make WSR ,we'll need to decide if we draw the raffle at a later date .I can't see us shifting 50+ in the next 5 days .
It's the 20th anniversary of the A610 and RAOC are trying to get 20 cars there .If it goes well this week I'll bring the one here down on the Saturday to bed the engine in :scared::scared:

Paul came round this eve seeing if I could take his alpine down to this....

mogster242
18-08-2011, 19:12
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

just bought 2 :) 52 to go...

Lomo
18-08-2011, 21:06
Now that the site is back up to speed don't forget tickets are still available!

Lomo
18-08-2011, 21:07

just bought 2 :) 52 to go...

I've sold 5 this end that haven't been registered in the club shop as yet ;)

Lomo
19-08-2011, 13:26
I'll be bringing some tickets with me this weekend (Sunday) to the Renault World Series if anyone would like to buy off some. PM me so I can put them aside for you.

Purple_rob
19-08-2011, 17:20
[QUOTE=clee;229520]Not on holiday , just busy trying to put an A610 back together :p

Clee, money is with you, please could you allocate and send another.

Thanks!

clee
19-08-2011, 17:27
Yes ,will do .
I will be on holiday until next Friday though so don't panic it will be sent when I get back .

tom t
19-08-2011, 22:16
i wana buy a ticket, but am thinking it will be easier to get one off you 2moro lomo? How many need to be shifted to make it happen 2moro? If they all get sold 2moro i take it the draw will go ahead? i will pm you regarding a ticket

Lomo
19-08-2011, 23:43
i wana buy a ticket, but am thinking it will be easier to get one off you 2moro lomo? How many need to be shifted to make it happen 2moro? If they all get sold 2moro i take it the draw will go ahead? i will pm you regarding a ticket

Im not there tomorrow Im afraid and because of the problems we've had with the website etc it doesn't look like the draw will be taking place tomorrow. The closing date will be finalised soon though and announced straight away.

Lomo
20-08-2011, 20:24
Just a last quick shout to anyone going to RWS tomorrow to drop me a pm if you want me to put a side any raffle tickets for you. I'll be bringing them with me for members to purchase. I already have a couple of reservations but still have a few tickets left if your going..

See you all tomorrow :)

Gibbo69
20-08-2011, 21:04
Just a last quick shout to anyone going to RWS tomorrow to drop me a pm if you want me to put a side any raffle tickets for you. I'll be bringing them with me for members to purchase. I already have a couple of reservations but still have a few tickets left if your going..

See you all tomorrow :)

I will have another one to help the club matey :D

See ya in the morning :)

Lomo
20-08-2011, 21:21
I will have another one to help the club matey :D

See ya in the morning :)

Will do mate, 6 bells, Little Chef!

Alastair
20-08-2011, 22:29
Im not there tomorrow Im afraid and because of the problems we've had with the website etc it doesn't look like the draw will be taking place tomorrow. The closing date will be finalised soon though and announced straight away.

Ok so what have the committee decided? I assume that the plan is to extend the closing date until only the minimum number of tickets are sold, then the raffle drawn? Otherwise that would be hugely unfair to those that purchased them already?

Am interested to hear what the plan is. Surely this has already been discussed and the plan finalised???

Also BZ to the committee for sorting the website out, much better.

Lomo
20-08-2011, 23:15
Ok so what have the committee decided? I assume that the plan is to extend the closing date until only the minimum number of tickets are sold, then the raffle drawn? Otherwise that would be hugely unfair to those that purchased them already?

Am interested to hear what the plan is. Surely this has already been discussed and the plan finalised???

Also BZ to the committee for sorting the website out, much better.

Alastair, with everything that has gone on lately with regards to the website it has been difficult for us to make a decision. Rest assured though the decision will be the fairest way we can do it to those who have already purchased their ticket and supported the club and will be announced as soon as it has been made.

boysie
21-08-2011, 17:03
just bought 2, fingers crossed:D

Ian S
21-08-2011, 18:29
is the plan is to extend the closing date until only the minimum number of tickets are sold, then the raffle drawn? Otherwise that would be hugely unfair to those that purchased them already?There were 400 tickets placed in the shop and the hope was to sell all of those. We said that if more than the minimum were sold before the world series event then the raffle would take place then.

By closing sales and drawing before 400 are sold that could be said to be unfair to those who'd not purchased but were planning to.

Most or all of the earlier purchasers must have been aware than the minimum number was probably not going to be met by this weekend so their hope of their ticket(s) being amongst a smaller number of tickets would have evaporated when it was fairly apparent that the raffle was not happening this weekend.

We have to decide whether to hold out for a full sale or close early. That is going to depend on the rate of sales I expect. If they start selling well we'll probably wait. I'd sales totally stop then sooner or later we have to do something.

Rinzler
21-08-2011, 18:38
just bought my ticket..

Good luck y'all

Trevhib
22-08-2011, 11:54
There were 400 tickets placed in the shop and the hope was to sell all of those. We said that if more than the minimum were sold before the world series event then the raffle would take place then.

By closing sales and drawing before 400 are sold that could be said to be unfair to those who'd not purchased but were planning to.

Most or all of the earlier purchasers must have been aware than the minimum number was probably not going to be met by this weekend so their hope of their ticket(s) being amongst a smaller number of tickets would have evaporated when it was fairly apparent that the raffle was not happening this weekend.

We have to decide whether to hold out for a full sale or close early. That is going to depend on the rate of sales I expect. If they start selling well we'll probably wait. I'd sales totally stop then sooner or later we have to do something.

I have to say that's all a bit slap-dash.

What this says to folk who bought tickets early was that if certain things had transpired (125 tickets sold by WSR), their chances of winning would have increased hugely (as the raffle would have been drawn from just 125 tickets, rather than 'up to 400'). Now because that didn't happen (by chance), their odds are lengthening back somewhere between 125 and 400. This is not good organisation.

So where will the line be drawn, as selling 400 tickets is unrealistic based on the number sold so far. I mean how many people are still planning to buy tickets at this point as they have been on sale for ages? And how long should existing ticket holders have to wait from this point to get an outcome?

For me, once the 125 are sold, plus a few, so the club can recoup all costs, this raffle should be drawn. I'd certainly not purchase a ticket @ £20 a time without knowing what my odds of winning are. 1 in 125? 1 in 250? 1 in 400? Will it be drawn this month, by Christmas, next summer?

Come on, be fair to those who've already purchased (and those considering taking part), and set the goal posts down in one place.

Ian S
22-08-2011, 12:06
That's all fair comment Trev, I thought it had mentioned from the beginning that there were 400 tickets.

Some people were confident that they'd sell quickly and easily pass the minimum required before RWS. Maybe the site slowness did hamper that or that was an optimistic view. Either way, what to do now. The club did not enter to make a loss. It may take days, weeks or months just to get the minimum. No-one can guess that.

So all we can do is give it time and see what happens.

If sales to members don't get there then we have to consider whether to sell to non members, which might inc scrap dealers, or refund the tickets and keep the car to take to shows, or sell the car.

No-one can have any definite answers right now.

TrixNFlix
22-08-2011, 12:32
I don't want to sound too negative but i think trev is right you can't keep moving the goalposts. I would not be happy if you opened this raffle up to non rtoc members. :confused:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
22-08-2011, 12:32
Hmmm not very well thought out boys, for that reason I'm out.

car.crash
22-08-2011, 12:52
i would happily buy a ticket but i dont want to have to drag the car to all meets and shows due to work and money commitments and this is why myself and a few others i know have not purchased one.
your now saying you might sell them to anyone including scrap dealers? im sure many more members would buy them if you were less strict with the terms of purchasing them.

Big Steve - Raider
22-08-2011, 13:02
..for that reason I'm out.

Thanks Dragon! :laugh:

Penfold aka The Dealer
22-08-2011, 13:11
The club brought this car to give its members a chance of owning a good car for £20...we had hoped with over 600 members we would sell a minmum of 125 tickets (covers the cost of the car).

We put a maximum limit of 400 tickets on the auction & have always said if wereach 125 ticket sales the draw would be done at RWS... If not as soon as 125 tickets have sold...

If people want there money back they can, and theire ticket will be removed from the draw...

I dont see the problem, ofcourse we could refund everybody and just sell the car on ebay etc & hope to get the money back... But the club were trying to do something new, exciting for its members...

car.crash
22-08-2011, 13:17
so why cant i have the car and enjoy it when i want to and sell or modify it as i want to?

Penfold aka The Dealer
22-08-2011, 13:26
so why cant i have the car and enjoy it when i want to and sell or modify it as i want to?

I think the T&C's are more the clubs wishes rather than set in stone...

We would hate to see somebody like nayls :p win it and break it for parts... But end of the day if you win it, its your car, your name on the log book....

car.crash
22-08-2011, 13:29
if thats the case i will buy one, but i doubt it will be at all the shows if i win. if im given the nod to do as i wish i will buy one and im sure others will.

5teve L
22-08-2011, 13:53
TBH Marc, I couldn't see what the club could do about it after you had won it, the car is yours to do as you wish IMO. & yes, the T&C could have been worded a bit better.

car.crash
22-08-2011, 13:55
legally i could do what i wanted but im not out to piss everyone off over it when it doesnt fully meet the T&C's :)

Trevhib
22-08-2011, 14:43
The club brought this car to give its members a chance of owning a good car for £20...we had hoped with over 600 members we would sell a minmum of 125 tickets (covers the cost of the car).

We put a maximum limit of 400 tickets on the auction & have always said if wereach 125 ticket sales the draw would be done at RWS... If not as soon as 125 tickets have sold...

If people want there money back they can, and theire ticket will be removed from the draw...

I dont see the problem, ofcourse we could refund everybody and just sell the car on ebay etc & hope to get the money back... But the club were trying to do something new, exciting for its members...

I think you will sell 125 tickets to members and the club should make the covering of costs its top (and only other) priority.

On the second point, what is the point of a maximum limit of 400 ticket sales if as soon as 125 are sold the draw is made? It's because drawing after 125 tickets are sold was not the original intention. Then it was. Then it kind of isn't again. No wonder some people are confused and existing ticket holders a bit concerned.

I don't see anyone asking for their money back. I see people asking for fairness to those who've already bought tickets and some common sense from the RTOC leadership on how to conclude the raffle from this point in time.

I think the raffle should be to RTOC members only (the winner will not be bound by any legal requirement, it's up to them how much moral baggage they attach themselves). I also believe the club will achieve 125 tickets in a reasonable time-frame and therefore should not be offering tickets to non-members of any kind.

We just need the committee to say definitely that 125 tickets is the target (or however many more to cover associated club costs), and do a count down/update as the remaining tickets sell (as a way of promoting and expediting the process). That way, everyone who has entered will get a sense of how long it's going to be until the draw happens.

This raffle is a great idea, it is new and it is exciting. We just want to see it run the right way and drawn asap.

Big Steve - Raider
22-08-2011, 15:12
This raffle is a great idea, it is new and it is exciting. We just
want to see it run the right way and drawn asap.

Get a ticket bought then Trev & we'll be able to start the tombola turning!!

The Committee created this raffle to try something new & give the opportunity for a keen committed member to win a Minty Fresh OE Phase 1 GTT.

What we didn't want to do was just make money. We could have sold the tickets to any Thomas Richard or Harry but right from the beginning we all thought it would be a good idea to raffle it off to Club Members Only.

To see it raffled off to anyone & then appearing on e-Bay/Pistonheads would be a real kick in the balls because we want a member to win such a car for £20!?

We didn't start this raffle with the intention of the club losing money so just printed 400 tickets, a closing date and then put them in the shop. We were expecting to sell MORE than the 125 to cover costs and then make the draw. Unfortunately though that's just not the case (thus far) so will have to continue to sell the tickets until the magic figure is reached.

If we draw the prize early without all of the tickets sold then that's just going to cost the club money & I don't see why we should do that.

car.crash
22-08-2011, 15:15
or ammend rule 12 and watch the tickets sell.

Big Steve - Raider
22-08-2011, 15:17
I'd certainly not purchase a ticket @ £20 a time without knowing what my odds of winning are. 1 in 125? 1 in 250? 1 in 400?

So does this mean that you only purchase a raffle ticket when you have checked out the odds of winning & make a calculated decision at that point?? :scratch:

You have to be in it to win it.

Big Steve - Raider
22-08-2011, 15:19

12. The car will be part of the Renault Turbo Owners Club 'Show Car' group (more info to follow) and will be required at 2012 events such as National Day, Frog Of Pod & Renault World Series (subject to new owners availability)

If you can't make it, you can't make it? Simple :coffee:

I've not read the b1oody T's & C's, I'd just like to win a Phase 1 GTT!

Big Steve - Raider
22-08-2011, 15:22
if thats the case i will buy one, but i doubt it will be at all the shows if i win. if im given the nod to do as i wish i will buy one and im sure others will.

If you want to buy a ticket & then sell it or break it then it's up to you.

It's just not in-keeping with the whole spirit of the reason we started the raffle.

However, the committee would not be responsible for any S1agging you get for just moving it on to make yourself a few bucks!

Mart
22-08-2011, 15:29
125 tickets @ £20 a pop = £2500 (what the car was originally advertised at).

400 tickets @ £20 = £8000. Nice profit :D

Bigfoot
22-08-2011, 15:40
However, the committee would not be responsible for any S1agging you get for just moving it on to make yourself a few bucks!

Which I dont know how many this includes, but if I put money to the tickets and won there would be no chance in me keeping the car so would have to sell it on therefore I wont buy the ticket in the first place which is a shame as its a great car and with some TLC will bring it up like new and will last on the road for a very long time if looked after.

Lomo
22-08-2011, 17:22
I wish there was a facepalm smiley. (and thats just generally not towards any one post)

It clearly says in rule 12 that its subject to owners availability so as a club we cant force anyone to attend an event. It was put in to somehow encourage the winner to show it off as the car is. There was talk of having show cars next year at RTOC events but that seems to have fallen flat on its face. We wanted this phase 1 to be part of that group of cars as it clearly says in rule 12.

I believe the website has played a BIG part in the failure to sell enough tickets and I did smile when the day it all came back on line with thanks to Gordon, 3 tickets were sold within 5 minutes. Maybe that was coincidence I dont know.

I can honestly say I will never vote for this raffle to go to non members as it was never the intention. Its the type of car this club needs in it, and Im sure the new owner will appreciate that when he or she comes to collect it.

The reason we had a minimum number on the ticket sales was to make the money back on the purchase of the car. That is why it was 125!
The reason we put a maximum on the car of 400 tickets was because if we reached that number the club would of covered the costs of the purchase of the car, and both the National Day & Frog Of Pod. I cant be more honest than that!! Even 150 would of made up a small fraction of the loss of the two days but at least its something. (25x20=500 towards the losses is better than nothing!!)

My view on the raffle as it stands now is to leave it running until 125 tickets are sold and then run it for a remaining ONE WEEK so people have enough time to understand what is happening. We took a chance hoping they would sell before World Series and a combination of things put stop to that.

Lomo
22-08-2011, 17:24
I don't want to sound too negative but i think trev is right you can't keep moving the goalposts. I would not be happy if you opened this raffle up to non rtoc members. :confused:

Its not going to happen

Lomo
22-08-2011, 17:25

It doesn't need amending does it? It clearly says subject to owners availability. If you cant attend a particular event you cant attend.

Hoolio
22-08-2011, 17:54
What was the "show cars plan"? That seems to be something that has not been discussed here before "falling flat on its face" seems a pretty good idea though judging by the quality of members cars that did turn up this weekend maybe not needed.

Nayls
22-08-2011, 18:03
I think the T&C's are more the clubs wishes rather than set in stone...

We would hate to see somebody like nayls :p win it and break it for parts... But end of the day if you win it, its your car, your name on the log book....

Get a grip! i broke 2 cars! plenty of members have broken more than 2!

Lomo
22-08-2011, 18:19
What was the "show cars plan"? That seems to be something that has not been discussed here before "falling flat on its face" seems a pretty good idea though judging by the quality of members cars that did turn up this weekend maybe not needed.

It was something a member had touched upon with a couple of us for maybe trying next year and would involve using a good example of each of the models of Renault Turbo to be put on an 'official club stand'. Perhaps 'flat on its face' was a little to strong but I haven't heard anything else since. :coffee:

Penfold aka The Dealer
22-08-2011, 18:30
Get a grip! i broke 2 cars! plenty of members have broken more than 2!

Gary, you know I am only messing with you.... If you want me to delete the comment pm me and i will. :)

mr bean aka pete
22-08-2011, 20:36
Have Just paid for 2 Raffle Tickets :cool: come on guys it's £20 support the club :agree:

Trevhib
22-08-2011, 22:09
So does this mean that you only purchase a raffle ticket when you have checked out the odds of winning & make a calculated decision at that point?? :scratch:

You have to be in it to win it.

If the raffle was £20 a ticket, yes, absolutely. If I enter a church raffle at £1 for a book of five, or the lottery for a quid a go, I don't have the same compulsion.

TNT ANDY
22-08-2011, 22:14
I just bought 1 to support the club, I haven't got a clue what I'd do with it if I won - probably put it up for sale for £500 and the person who got the cash to me first would win it. Kind of an event in itself.

Trevhib
22-08-2011, 22:20
The Committee created this raffle to try something new & give the opportunity for a keen committed member to win a Minty Fresh OE Phase 1 GTT.

What we didn't want to do was just make money. We could have sold the tickets to any Thomas Richard or Harry but right from the beginning we all thought it would be a good idea to raffle it off to Club Members Only.

To see it raffled off to anyone & then appearing on e-Bay/Pistonheads would be a real kick in the balls because we want a member to win such a car for £20!?

We didn't start this raffle with the intention of the club losing money so just printed 400 tickets, a closing date and then put them in the shop. We were expecting to sell MORE than the 125 to cover costs and then make the draw. Unfortunately though that's just not the case (thus far) so will have to continue to sell the tickets until the magic figure is reached.

If we draw the prize early without all of the tickets sold then that's just going to cost the club money & I don't see why we should do that.

None of the above is in question. Everybody is excited about the raffle. Nobody wants this car to go to anyone other than a club member. Nobody wants the raffle to cost the club money (and no-one has asked for it to be drawn until costs are covered). Neither is anyone accusing the club of trying to profit from it unduly.

In any case, it now appears to have been stated that the draw will definitely take place upon the sale of 125 tickets. Great, so how many are left to sell? Because that's really the only thing left to talk about.

Lomo
22-08-2011, 22:28
None of the above is in question. Everybody is excited about the raffle. Nobody wants this car to go to anyone other than a club member. Nobody wants the raffle to cost the club money (and no-one has asked for it to be drawn until costs are covered). Neither is anyone accusing the club of trying to profit from it unduly.

In any case, it now appears to have been stated that the draw will definitely take place upon the sale of 125 tickets. Great, so how many are left to sell? Because that's really the only thing left to talk about.

40 (I've got 5 stubbs here).

It's all on the link on the raffle page Trev. 320 left, leaving 45 to hit the 'magic' 125 sold.

Trevhib
22-08-2011, 22:37

Alastair
22-08-2011, 22:53
Lomo, Ian, thanks for clearing this up. Just to be clear the draw will take place once 125 tickets are sold, no more? I don't really care how long that takes, but is seems the only fair way to those that purchased (to support the club) before the 'close' date.

Are members now allowed to purchase more than the max of 5 now?

Where and by whom will the draw take place now? Or is it date dependant? Who will adjudicate?

Purple_rob
23-08-2011, 00:22
I'm excited and quite interested on where this will end up. I hope it's with someone active in the club/forums.

This was a great idea from the club! It's quite cheap relative to the prize and with good odds.

I log on everyday to see my new car!!! Haha :)

Ian S
23-08-2011, 01:44
125 covered the original purchase cost that I paid Mike Amato, but I think a few expenses have been incurred since then. That number was only the basic target when the project was being costed. If all the committee involved decide to not claim any costs then it could be 125. It was never expected to be that low. That's not shifting any goal posts, there just isn't a fully costed total figure in with me at this time.

Lomo
23-08-2011, 07:47
Lomo, Ian, thanks for clearing this up. Just to be clear the draw will take place once 125 tickets are sold, no more? I don't really care how long that takes, but is seems the only fair way to those that purchased (to support the club) before the 'close' date.

Are members now allowed to purchase more than the max of 5 now?

Where and by whom will the draw take place now? Or is it date dependant? Who will adjudicate?

The day the raffle sells 125 tickets will be the last day of sales, yes. HOWEVER, it will run up to midnight of that day. Regardless of what time the last ticket sells. If it sells at 11pm it will close an hour later etc etc.

Members are not allowed to buy more than 5 tickets no.

This will be discussed over the coming days but I can see it being date dependant. As soon as a decision is made it will be announced. It will obviously be done in complete fairness (that goes without say) and we will decide by whom it will be drawn and who will be present whilst doing it. Again, it will all be announced so everyone knows and agrees.

Trevhib
23-08-2011, 10:59
Ok, so looking at some of the comments, it's obvious these things haven't been officially agreed by all necessary club parties as yet after all.

Whilst it could be argued that having no definite number from the start means that reacting to a changing situation since then is not shifting the goal-posts, it simply means that there are no goal posts; so nobody actually knows where the blinkin' goal is! :laugh:

Club expenses should be covered, the number of tickets that need to be sold should be calculated and capped (at £20 a ticket it can't be that many on top of the 125 needed to cover the cost of the car), this should be announced officially followed by the rustling up of buyers to purchase the remainder to get this expedited. Then an event chosen at which the raffle can be drawn.

If Norris McWhirter is going to be there, I'm definitely coming.

Nayls
23-08-2011, 11:44
Im surprised committee members are allowed to enter???

they are the one's selling tickets and normally are not allowed to enter???

gonna be fun and games when one of them wins the car! :laugh:

frano81
23-08-2011, 14:22
tbh when i heard about the raffle, i thought it was a great idea, and the odds of 400-1, are brilliant. i thought theyd be sold out after the first week, and snapped one up. but i cant understand all the negativity towards it? for me this is probly the only way id be able to get a good phase one because of all the high prices for the parts, and the fact that the club will make some money is great as well, because as was said before, the clubs not in it to make money from us, and it will be used to keep things going and get more events sortd for us etc. so everyone should stop whineing , and just get some tickets and then i can win it!!:p

Lomo
23-08-2011, 15:41
tbh when i heard about the raffle, i thought it was a great idea, and the odds of 400-1, are brilliant. i thought theyd be sold out after the first week, and snapped one up. but i cant understand all the negativity towards it? for me this is probly the only way id be able to get a good phase one because of all the high prices for the parts, and the fact that the club will make some money is great as well, because as was said before, the clubs not in it to make money from us, and it will be used to keep things going and get more events sortd for us etc. so everyone should stop whineing , and just get some tickets and then i can win it!!:p

Its nice to read a little positivity once in a while.

If you think about it the odds of 125-1 are even better. :agree: :coffee:

Big Steve - Raider
23-08-2011, 16:05

It's good to see that some people understand, agree & like what the club are doing!!

Niceone Frano! :niceone:

Trevhib
23-08-2011, 18:28
Lol, where is the negativity? There have been some reasons put forward from one or two as to why they personally aren't buying a ticket (which is their prerogative), and there's been some pertinent questions from me pertaining to the odd way the situation has developed and asking for some clarity on how it is going to be run/concluded from here. There is absolutely no harm in either of these things, so what's the problem? What a bunch of cry babies. :laugh:

Lomo
23-08-2011, 20:15
Lol, where is the negativity? There have been some reasons put forward from one or two as to why they personally aren't buying a ticket (which is their prerogative), and there's been some pertinent questions from me pertaining to the odd way the situation has developed and asking for some clarity on how it is going to be run/concluded from here. There is absolutely no harm in either of these things, so what's the problem? What a bunch of cry babies. :laugh:

Dont be silly Trev. We have set out from the beginning to make this as fun as possible for the members and unfortunately the last month or so it's been very difficult to sell as well as we would of liked. The fact we got some sort of normal website back 2 days before the RWS didn't help matters either.

Its not a case of being cry babies, or highlighting the positivity, but during the last 3 or 4 days I've probably felt as disappointed as anyone that the tickets didn't sell as the raffle was in fact my idea. I honestly thought we would sell the tickets. We haven't, so as you'll probably understand, its nice to read a positive post.

The last thing we wanted this raffle to be was a joke. Its been difficult of late to get a majority decision on anything with the site being down added to the fact we've all been ridiculously busy of late. I did at one point feel like it was coming across like we didnt give a damn about it and thats how some of the posts read but perhaps it was my frame of mind. I can assure you some of us have thought about this on a daily basis.

As it stands the raffle will be closed at midnight on the day of the 125th ticket being sold. If that means the last ticket is sold at 3pm there will be a remaining 8 hours in which any member can buy a ticket. Over the next couple of days a decision will be made regarding when the draw will take place. One thing is for certain and that is we are going to film the draw for all the members to see.

Iain

Big Steve - Raider
23-08-2011, 20:38
What a bunch of cry babies.

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/2885/facepalmua8.gif

dickiegtt
23-08-2011, 21:48
I think there should be a meet on the day the winning ticket is drawn, it would be a right laugh:laugh: This raffle has been a great idea, the rules and regs have been fine, the only bad thing that can come of it in my opinion is if a member wins it and then strips or modifies or sells on to a non member. C'mon 40 odd tickets to go & 600 members!! We'll have this drawn by christmas!:D

Trevhib
24-08-2011, 12:38
My posts have been balanced. I give up.

How's this:

I think this raffle is a fabulous idea and as ever, the praise rightly goes to all the clubs volunteers involved with it. I'm equally disappointed that the tickets haven't flown out of the shop. Still, I have absolute faith that the remainder will be sold to RTOC members and I look forward to the draw with genuine excitement.

Btw Steve, I notice that smiley's eyes are shut even when his hand is not over them. How apt!

Lomo
25-08-2011, 08:42
The magic number gets ever closer people...Just 38 more to sell and the raffle can be drawn!

BIG thanks to those who have already purchased tickets and supported the club :yeah:

Phil W
26-08-2011, 10:58
Just bought my 4 tickets will buy the other one once i get paid next week!!!:laugh:

Lomo
26-08-2011, 11:31
Just bought my 4 tickets will buy the other one once i get paid next week!!!:laugh:

Thanks for supporting it and good luck :agree:

Lomo
28-08-2011, 10:07
Just 30 more tickets needed to sell people and the draw can take place.

In it to win it :D

Purple_rob
28-08-2011, 10:48
Getting closer.

Clee, do you know if this includes my second one, still not got it through yet.

Cheers

Adey aka Ewok
28-08-2011, 11:37
If I'm really pants with post and have lost what was sent to me, can I still win?

Lomo
28-08-2011, 11:42
If I'm really pants with post and have lost what was sent to me, can I still win?

We will still have the other piece of the ticket Adey so yes mate :)..Im sure we can trust you :innocent:

Adey aka Ewok
28-08-2011, 11:42
Cool beans cheers buddy:agree:

clee
30-08-2011, 13:45
How's about this then ?

With 30 tickets left to sell before we reach the 125 I suggest we make the draw at the RR day that Blunty has organised on the 22nd Oct .
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=23140
PFC will be there to cover the event so makes sense to grab a bit of press action :agree:
Draw to take place even if we have not reached the min number required but I'm sure we will :)

Bruce - BHPerformance
31-08-2011, 09:34
I think as a long standing member and previous club official that is not entering the competition due to too many renaults already that I should pull the winning ticket. :cool:

Trevhib
31-08-2011, 10:35
How's about this then ?
Draw to take place even if we have not reached the min number required but I'm sure we will :)

:gagged:

Purple_rob
01-09-2011, 23:23
Getting closer.

Clee, do you know if this includes my second one, still not got it through yet.

Cheers

Clee, could you get back to me about my second ticket mate, dropped you a pm the other day and obviously paid up a good couple of weeks ago.

Thanks

rob

Renault 5 GT Turbo
02-09-2011, 00:57
Are tickets offered to us lot (RTOC) only? If this was posted on Pistonheads the tickets would fly.

clee
02-09-2011, 08:23
Clee, could you get back to me about my second ticket mate, dropped you a pm the other day and obviously paid up a good couple of weeks ago.

Thanks

rob

Ticket sent :agree:

Lomo
04-09-2011, 18:34
103 sold!! Well done people!! :agree::agree:

Just 22 to go and we can make one member very happy!!!

Alastair
04-09-2011, 20:59
103 sold!! Well done people!! :agree::agree:

Just 22 to go and we can make one member very happy!!!

Can i buy more than 5 yet?

Lomo
05-09-2011, 07:57
Can i buy more than 5 yet?

No :D

Duncan Grier
05-09-2011, 09:55
In a true charlie and the chocolate fashion I have the golden ticket :D

Lomo made me buy the winning ticket on sunday morning (if he never lost it :cooter:) still not sure what I signed up to on those T&C's mind

If I win its a bit of dry storage for Benjamin when he gets older :coffee: and maybe a few cheeky outings

DG

c7borg
05-09-2011, 10:04
Because it isn't ,it's £20 which was calculated relative to selling 125 to break even .The postal charges help to cover admin costs and on certain items this leaves us with a bit left over .If you buy 5 tickets the PP fees increase etc but you are not charged £10 extra for buying 4 more .
The shop is a service for members ,we lose on it more than we make .It's not feckin Ebay and it's not a business .I only wish it was m,then we could do far more with it to the benefit of all .
We charge a flat rate postage in the shop so if you feel you are being ripped off then buy two sets of headbolts and the club will lose on the postage ...........................

Such a good answer I decided to buy a ticket :p

Mart
05-09-2011, 10:16
So want to buy a ticket or 2, but as some of you heard over the weeked, it would be a lose lose scenario for me :dearme: :(

Adey aka Ewok
05-09-2011, 10:24
Not lost your licence have you?

Duncan Grier
05-09-2011, 10:31
No but he may loose some other bits if he brings another one home :cooter:

DG

Penfold aka The Dealer
05-09-2011, 11:13
So want to buy a ticket or 2, but as some of you heard over the weeked, it would be a lose lose scenario for me :dearme: :(

Dont tell me you brought old whitey??

Lomo
05-09-2011, 11:15
In a true charlie and the chocolate fashion I have the golden ticket :D

Lomo made me buy the winning ticket on sunday morning (if he never lost it :cooter:) still not sure what I signed up to on those T&C's mind

If I win its a bit of dry storage for Benjamin when he gets older :coffee: and maybe a few cheeky outings

DG

Have a read of the first post in this thread Dunc, all the T&C's are there. And dont worry, your ticket is safe along with all the other ones....;)

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?p=225411#post225411

Duncan Grier
05-09-2011, 12:00
Lomo think I prefered the conspiracy theory options discussed over breakfast with the gang - those T&C's are quite frankly a bit boring :) :laugh:

DG

Mart
05-09-2011, 12:08
Not lost your licence have you?

No mate. See Duncan's reply for the general jist.

Dont tell me you brought old whitey??

That's the ultimate plan, but the Evo has to go first.

/scratched record :D

Lomo
05-09-2011, 12:32
Lomo think I prefered the conspiracy theory options discussed over breakfast with the gang - those T&C's are quite frankly a bit boring :) :laugh:

DG

You mean the one where the winner must give the car to me? i can live with that! :laugh:

tubbyG
05-09-2011, 14:30
bought.....:yeah:

Lomo
05-09-2011, 14:58
bought.....:yeah:

Thanks for buying a ticket and good luck! :agree:

philg
07-09-2011, 13:10
Just tried to buy a ticket, i had to register for a shop account to, is that correct?

And how do i un-check the £2.50 del charge :confused:

phil

c7borg
07-09-2011, 13:17
Just tried to buy a ticket, i had to register for a shop account to, is that correct?

phil

You have to pay that to get it delivered.. don't worry I asked the same questions.. sulked a bit then got over it and bought one :niceone:

Yes you have to register for the shop separately :)

TrixNFlix
07-09-2011, 15:22

phil

Typical tight scrote!

Thundercat
07-09-2011, 16:09
Two more purchased.

Lomo
07-09-2011, 16:34

phil

Yes, you need to register :)

And this might help you with your next question :)

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showpost.php?p=225617&postcount=48

philg
07-09-2011, 17:26
Thanks guys except you andy :cooter:

Adey aka Ewok
07-09-2011, 17:28
How many to go?

clee
07-09-2011, 17:34

car.crash
07-09-2011, 18:04

philg
07-09-2011, 18:36
3 for me 11 left

Purple_rob
07-09-2011, 19:33
3 more for me 8 left

c7borg
07-09-2011, 20:02
3 more for me 8 left

:popcorn: this is getting exciting.. roll up roll up come buy your tickets :niceone:

Lomo
07-09-2011, 20:04
Excellent! :agree:

Well in everyone :niceone:

Like has already been mentioned. Once the 125 sell the raffle will run up until midnight of that day incase anyone wants any last minute buying!

Gibbo69
07-09-2011, 20:51
i will have another 2 lomo :)

Lomo
07-09-2011, 22:02
i will have another 2 lomo :)

:niceone: Do you want them from me?

dangerous dave
07-09-2011, 22:19
another one down...:)

clee
07-09-2011, 22:24
Excellent! :agree:

Well in everyone :niceone:

Like has already been mentioned. Once the 125 sell the raffle will run up until midnight of that day incase anyone wants any last minute buying!

Err no the tickets remain on sale until the draw date .

car.crash
07-09-2011, 22:28
Err no the tickets remain on sale until the draw date .

i was under the impression it will take place when 125 will be sold and entries will close at midnight that night? why do the rules keep changing. whos in charge of this?

Adey aka Ewok
07-09-2011, 22:40
That sucks, can someone in charge clarify the score? Only ordered another ticket to push it along to 125

clee
07-09-2011, 22:47
Seems I'm wrong .
I haven't seen anything regards the draw being made when 125 have sold but apparently so .
Mass email was it ? I never got it so apologies for that .
I didn't think anything was agreed ? Last input I had was suggesting it be drawn at the RR day in Oct .

Gibbo69
07-09-2011, 22:47
:niceone: Do you want them from me?

Yep :)

Lomo
07-09-2011, 22:51
The draw will be closed at midnight on the day we sell 125 so as not to cause any confusion :)

We will then discuss when and how to make the draw but sales will be closed. :)

Lomo
07-09-2011, 22:57
Yep :)

Happy days mate, be quick (ie tomorrow)

Ian S
07-09-2011, 23:05
Seems I'm wrong .
I haven't seen anything regards the draw being made when 125 have sold but apparently so .
Mass email was it ? I never got it so apologies for that .
I didn't think anything was agreed ? Last input I had was suggesting it be drawn at the RR day in Oct .Well that was a good idea when it looked like it might take a couple of months to sell the last 30. But now it's like there's a 'ground rush' and all of a sudden we're nearly there.

If the last few sell as fast as then would we want keep it on hold for that meet up? I think the committee would be unpopular for making everyone wait that long and we'd have to agree another way to do the draw. If the last few do take nearly another 2 months, then we may as well have the draw at that RR day on the 22nd with the PFC magazine there. That would be a pretty good thing, the prize and some members there, maybe the winner, and all perhaps printed in the PFC mag. Great kudos for the RTOC.

Looks like only 5 left though.

Russ B
08-09-2011, 10:34
Looks like only 5 left though.

Not any more ;)

Lomo
08-09-2011, 10:36
Not any more ;)

:niceone:

One to go people...Come on..:D

Trevhib
08-09-2011, 10:41
Pathetic. It's still not agreed between those who have a stake in running this operation and yet I got it in the neck for flagging this up as an issue that ought to be sorted.

FFS guys, just defer to Lomo. Cap the number of tickets (I still think a max of an extra five on top of the 125 simply to cover club costs), agree a draw date and stick to it. If that's 22nd Oct then fine. So what if it's 6 weeks away? Perfect. Use that time to build the clamour and ensure that it's a big event and allow people to plan to be there, it's worth waiting for!

:dearme:

Trevhib
08-09-2011, 10:49
Additionally I'd like to say congratulations to all those that have put effort into this (even if some of it has been a bit like a tug-of-war between some of you).

Whatever the administration difficulties, this IS now a successful club venture and one member is going to be very happy come the end of October :) Great idea and I'm looking forward to a good outcome. Make the most of it :agree:

Nayls
08-09-2011, 11:21
Pathetic. It's still not agreed between those who have a stake in running this operation and yet I got it in the neck for flagging this up as an issue that ought to be sorted.

FFS guys, just defer to Lomo. Cap the number of tickets (I still think a max of an extra five on top of the 125 simply to cover club costs), agree a draw date and stick to it. If that's 22nd Oct then fine. So what if it's 6 weeks away? Perfect. Use that time to build the clamour and ensure that it's a big event and allow people to plan to be there, it's worth waiting for!

to me..to you..to me...to you..... :laugh:

philg
08-09-2011, 11:24

Here here, go on trev :agree::)

Mart
08-09-2011, 11:41
Can someone (anyone) confirm when the cut-off now is, as I still might buy a couple of tickets (just don't let Bekki know! :wasntme: )

Lomo
08-09-2011, 11:44
Can someone (anyone) confirm when the cut-off now is, as I still might buy a couple of tickets (just don't let Bekki know! :wasntme: )

It will be at midnight the day we sell 125 Mart..We just need to sell one more today and the cut off will be midnight tonight.

philg
08-09-2011, 11:46

Go on son, its just what you need to fill that void :p

Trevhib
08-09-2011, 11:47
Go on Mart, be a devil :D

Lomo
08-09-2011, 11:51
PS. Mart, if you need a buffet at your funeral I give really competitive prices...:innocent:

Mart
08-09-2011, 11:52
I'll be meeting the Devil if Bekki finds out! :cry: :laugh:

Ok, I'll buy that last one (and maybe a couple more), so if that is the 125th ticket, I guess it's game on come midnight tonight :cool: :)

philg
08-09-2011, 11:58
Leave it at mine mart, im just up the road, it will be our little secret ;):D

clee
08-09-2011, 11:59
Jeez I hope I don't get the sack over this ...
I made a mistake ,I honestly thought we were going to leave sales open until a draw date ..my error :tuttut:

If you think I'm staying up to switch it off at Midnight think on .....I'll do it in the morning and to hell with the flack :cooter:

Mart
08-09-2011, 12:00
Leave it at mine mart, im just up the road, it will be our little secret ;):D

Done deal mate :agree: :D

3 tickets bought. Good luck everyone :agree: :)

Brizza
08-09-2011, 12:03
Jus bought a few :)

JimGTT
08-09-2011, 12:04
Think i just bought the 125th:), now i got 2 chances:agree:

Lomo
08-09-2011, 12:04
EXCELLENT!!!!!! :niceone:

Right, midnight tonight is when the raffle will close!!!!!!

Someone must of bought a cheeky one as its gone down by 4 Mart ;).....(EDIT- We have a rush on)

Just wanted to say a big big thank you to those who have supported this venture and bought a ticket. Apologies for the misunderstandings along the way but its a first time for us all and hopefully not the last (did I honestly just say that)

For anyone who hasn't bought one you have exactly 11hours 56 minutes...:)

Thanks again everyone :agree:

philg
08-09-2011, 12:05
Jus bought a few :)

Ah lots of us thinking like dell boy and our tickets will be at the top of the pile lol :laugh:

Brizza
08-09-2011, 12:14
Ah lots of us thinking like dell boy and our tickets will be at the top of the pile lol :laugh:

Of course, doubt I'll win tho... sob :cry:

Duncan Grier
08-09-2011, 12:33
I never win anything :cry: but money to the club so happy in that :coffee:

Would be proper over the moon if I did win mind :D

Mart im telling Bekki you are trying to get another 5 :cooter::cooter::cooter:

DG

frano81
08-09-2011, 12:39
ive just gone oriental and bought another four, wonder what the wive will have to say about that!

Mart
08-09-2011, 13:34
Mart im telling Bekki you are trying to get another 5 :cooter::cooter::cooter:

:denied::satan:

James_Surridge G1 5 GTT
08-09-2011, 13:51
Consider me in....finally!!:)

sean5gtt
08-09-2011, 15:17
First post!

How do I buy the ticket to win the car?:scratch::ashamed:

Sean

BluntyR5GTT
08-09-2011, 15:21
http://www.rtoc.org/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22&products_id=107

sean5gtt
08-09-2011, 15:29

First post!

How do I buy the ticket to win the car?:scratch::ashamed:

Sean

Silly me, just found it!:ashamed:

Please gawd........lemme win this mota!:cartman::wasntme: