PDA

View Full Version : temp problem

danielmk323
26-06-2011, 18:36
i have a low fan switch that should open at 78and close at 68 now i have the dash temp and i have after market one that have the sensor in the top hose fit it in a stainless steel pipe now the problem is when the temp gos close to 80 on both of them the fan kicks in like normal but when the fan turn off the temp on the gauges is still on the 80 or close the fan should cut out at 68 and if let the car on like for 25 min on idel the temp gos up a bit more like 90 on the gauges but the fun will not kick in and when it kicks in it will drop the temp on the gauges like to 80 and cut out the car is not over heating in any way and is all bleed good no air locks and i try 2 more switches and whit thermostat and whit out and is still the same any tips

Nayls
26-06-2011, 23:33
The fan is only cooling the water that is in the radiator,if you had your temp reading in the rad (not possible i dont think?) then you would prob get the 68 reading you are hoping for.

danielmk323
27-06-2011, 06:51
The fan is only cooling the water that is in the radiator,if you had your temp reading in the rad (not possible i don't think?) then you would prob get the 68 reading you are hoping for.
I told so to but my car is still on running in maybe the water is getting hotter in the engine because is stile all tithe in the engine

TNT ANDY
27-06-2011, 07:08
The fan is only cooling the water that is in the radiator,if you had your temp reading in the rad (not possible i dont think?) then you would prob get the 68 reading you are hoping for.

Not to mention the engine water stat which is about 86 -89 deg C, what you have here looks normal. My fan switch is 83 and my engine stat is 89 Deg C. My engine temp is always 89-91 deg C once up to temp despite the 83 Deg C fan switch.

Perfect.