PDA

View Full Version : Ebay bargain

5teve L
20-06-2011, 13:51
Bought this yesterday, drove back from Broadstairs to Sussex no problem, lovely to drive as well, interior is near mint !
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170656452102&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Bigfoot
20-06-2011, 14:10
Thats a good find, seem that the price of these cars are going up when trying to find a decent condition one. Just hope its not got the ABS on there, else if your doing a turbo conversion on there remove it very quickily before you find yourself with no brakes.

5teve L
20-06-2011, 15:00
Thats a good find, seem that the price of these cars are going up when trying to find a decent condition one. Just hope its not got the ABS on there, else if your doing a turbo conversion on there remove it very quickily before you find yourself with no brakes.

It does have abs, has a bosch unit & not the usual bendix that fails ( well it's different to my old ph1 & the early ph2 I looked at)
Why do I need to remove it if doing a turbo conversion ?

James5
20-06-2011, 15:07
It does have abs, has a bosch unit & not the usual bendix that fails ( well it's different to my old ph1 & the early ph2 I looked at)
Why do I need to remove it if doing a turbo conversion ?

think he mean't it's a very common thing to go wrong and with the extra power your going to need brakes and he was just saying remove it now before it's to late:agree:

Bigfoot
20-06-2011, 15:19
The one which fails. My K reg one failed, I thought it was the later model which fails rather than from the phase 1/ early phase 2.

Bigfoot
20-06-2011, 15:20
think he mean't it's a very common thing to go wrong and with the extra power your going to need brakes and he was just saying remove it now before it's to late:agree:

Plus having to change over the complete braking system up front its easier without an engine in place.

5teve L
20-06-2011, 15:52
Plus having to change over the complete braking system up front its easier without an engine in place.
I thought it was the early ones for some reason. Well if it fails I'll take the lump out & remove it & replace the lines.

Bigfoot
20-06-2011, 17:03
I thought it was the early ones for some reason. Well if it fails I'll take the lump out & remove it & replace the lines.

It is the Bendix ones either way, like you say you have the bosch setup

5teve L
22-06-2011, 08:56
I don't know what to do now as the 19 is in really good shape, I reckon it wants to stay standard & unmolested really.. :scared:

So do I turbo the 19, fix the Raider up & sell it with an F7P, or do I re-fit the C1J & sell it ??

Or tart up the small bits on the 19 & re sell it & keep going with the Raider ?

Answers on a postcard please :laugh:

James5
22-06-2011, 09:08
I don't know what to do now as the 19 is in really good shape, I reckon it wants to stay standard & unmolested really.. :scared:

So do I turbo the 19, fix the Raider up & sell it with an F7P, or do I re-fit the C1J & sell it ??

Or tart up the small bits on the 19 & re sell it & keep going with the Raider ?

Answers on a postcard please :laugh:

I would say turbo the 19 as you know engine runs nice but then the 19 isn't as good looking as the 5 although the 19 is mint and only 46k and the leather still smells like and new and looks like new within sell it on. Seems a waste for all the work you have done on the 5 to give up on it now, come on matey you can do it we have both had loads or problems recently I am still not sure mine is going to work ok when I finish putting it back together again. Plus my other half said the 19 looked like you were the curry delivery man:laugh:

R5wiggs
22-06-2011, 09:47
we need to get more 5 on the road :):)
come on you can do it put it back on the road..:agree: :agree: