PDA

View Full Version : Fabric restoration

Purple_rob
19-06-2011, 01:03
Ok!, a nice clean interior can make the 5 look and feel a really great car. The one thing that has always bugged me and I have found it hard to do is get a good set of seats. I finally found a good set but there still some work to be done.

I was wondering if anyone had found any good fabric restoration products. What I want to do is put a bit of colour back into the black parts of the seats. This is mostly where the seat belts sit on the rear bench( I'm sure this is a common one). The grey would probably come up nice as well.

Im no expert but I'm sure they just need some sheen back in them, just like you would with back to black :), although I don't want my passangers smelling of black to black when they get out lol. I have vaxed them with some softener, again cleaning products are probably quite vicious on material like this.

Your thoughts are very welcome as I have been thinking this one over for a while.

scratcher
19-06-2011, 02:33
Alright Rob :cool:

This stuff is highly rated on the VW front.
http://www.valeterspride.co.uk/black-carpet-dye-5-litre-a-renovating-valeting-chemical-69-p.asp

Not far from you either.