PDA

View Full Version : what do you think?

frano81
18-06-2011, 08:18
ive just been quoted 3700 for new inner and outer sill replacing, new rear quarter drivers side, both floor pan extentions, the sunroof filling in, the enginge bay derusting and repairing, new winscreen and full respray in raider blue? what do you think to that? i didnt really wanna spend that much, but if thats what it costs then fair dos.

Bigfoot
18-06-2011, 08:55
If its a top notch respray and repair that isn't a bad price, but what you need to look at is, if the shell is in that state already wouldn't it be better to start off with a better shell?

bigdur
18-06-2011, 09:20
My shell only needs the sills and a small repair to one floor pan if you want that.

Markey Mark (BD)
18-06-2011, 17:47
I don't think sounds too bad mate if the work is top notch.

To be honest if your happy to have the work done i'd repair your shell, good shells are getting few and far between so unfortunately think its time that the not so good shells are sorted out as soon there will be none left that be worth doing.

tom t
19-06-2011, 09:43
like everyone else has said if its gana be top quality then defo worth it.

But where are they gana get a new rear quarter from?

Adam 005
19-06-2011, 10:14
Totaly not worth it you could get a very good gt for that money.
a quick look finds this there are many gt out there at a good price
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C212816

Adam 005
19-06-2011, 10:17
if you want a raider
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290554032938&clk_rvr_id=241713568038

gimme5
19-06-2011, 11:45
now then i was in the car body repair trade for ten years as a paint sprayer and also doing panel beating and welding, for the amount of work you've listed £3700 will not get you a top notch job done ,that of course is my personnel opion,when you think about it,it cost's you a couple of hundred to get a small dent sorted,ask yourself will i get a good job done here,did there put it on a lift to have a good look,was the garage well equiped,what was there labour rate etc, did you get a good feel about the place,..or should i get another car and spend the difference sorting that out,i know what i would do good luck mate:)

frano81
22-06-2011, 18:50
thanks for your comments lads,

I'm gonna stick with this shell, cos its a raider, and its got full service history, and the original plate, etc. i'm also gonna speak to some more body shops, and see if it can work out cheaper if i get a separate welder to do his bit then get a body shop to do theirs. By the time ive finished, i want to have something thats original, rock solid(!) and im gonna keep it for bestest!

I'll let u know what i find out!

Cheers

SCHWARTZ
22-06-2011, 19:36
raider means nothing really fella bit of blue paint blue fleck seats, wheels and a black carpet. could pick up a raider shell or full decent raider for less.

raider_gtt
23-06-2011, 01:46
raider means nothing really fella bit of blue paint blue fleck seats, wheels and a black carpet. could pick up a raider shell or full decent raider for less.

Yea maybe maybe not due to the fact that you could be back in the same boat even buying other! As for welding up the sunroof I wouldn't bover new inner and outer sills yea fine get that done and a repaint should be able to get that done for under 2000k and should be a top job! I would say do shop around and get some prove of garages work to be 100% ho & good luck :D

djinuk
23-06-2011, 07:21
seems a fair price to imo. Although sunroof filling in is a worry as it will always be a difficult job and with how flexible/thin a roof is it will never be 100% right and contain a lot of filler, i had a lot of uming and aring with the same situation on my 205, in the end i decided for a new roof skin and could not get one from peugeot, so i cut a roof below the pillars from another one and paid a bodyshop to unpick it all and weld it onto the car, much much better option.

end of the day a decent full repaint will be in the region of 2k, so that leaves £1700 for inner/outer sills, rear 1/4s and a roof to be purchased welded preped and painted, seems reasonable , and certainly id expect a good quality of work in the end product.