PDA

View Full Version : Group A Carb I sold on ebay

Rob1980
14-06-2011, 16:53
Hello everyone.

I was wondering if any of you could help me at all? I have just received this message from the person who bought my group A carb off of me via ebay:-

"i brought this carb from you and just got someone to check it out, its not a group a as described its go a standand venturi in it, ktec clearly state that there carbs have a larger venturi and this doesnt, so it dont really warrant what ive paid and ive not got what i wanted. so im not sure what to do a mo, but i may start a dispute with paypal thanx large"

If you look at this thread, it shows the receipts for the work that I had done at k-tec which confirms that I bought a group A Carb. All I did was take it off of the car and sell it! It was the group A Carb as thats all i have every had! http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=22075

Can anyone on here please give me some advice and as to what I should say to him? Should I forward him on the receipt? Should I ask him who looked at it and what the larger venturi actually measures? I can see that I will lose as Paypal and ebay never side with the seller do they?

R5MJH
14-06-2011, 17:03
sorted ok

Trevhib
14-06-2011, 17:14
I hate these types of situations. If KTEC really do change/alter the venturi for a larger one as part of their 'Group A' offering, then of three things has happened:

- KTEC screwed you over and it has the standard venturi
- The buyer is mistaken and the venturi is to the KTEC spec
- The buyer has taken your carb and is trying to send you a standard one back

- If it's the former then it's not the buyers fault and I'd say the honest thing to do is refund, get the carb back, check it over to see what the spec really is and then re-sell.

- If it's the second option, you're not going to know until he returns it*. Check it out and offer to either send it back at his cost if it turns out it's ok, or sell it to someone else with a better understanding of the spec, and be glad you haven't lost out.

- If it's the latter, you're not going to know until you've refunded him and he sends it back. This is the worst case but at least you'll have a carb to sell and wont lose out too much.

*So, offer to refund him if he pays for the return postage, saying that you bought the carb in good faith and thus you're both at a loss due to someone else.

Or, tell him that according to RTOC, he's much better off with the standard venturi!!!! And see if he'll keep it.

Worst of the worst is that you refund him and he doesn't send anything back. :scared:

R5MJH
14-06-2011, 17:33
Hi, just letting you know it was me and i am a member :) i was just a bit worried as mentioned on the ad it said larger venturi and when measured it was standard, i had a look at the jets and they are clearly uprated, it was no big hassle just wanted to make sure i was not buying something that i did not want.
Thanks,
Mike

Rob1980
14-06-2011, 17:53
That was some really good advise Trev, much appreciated :agree:

This issue has been resolved now so can this thread please be locked?

Trevhib
14-06-2011, 17:54
:agree:

bigdur
14-06-2011, 18:13
Trouble with ebay and paypal is that on the whole they side with the buyer and screw the seller. :hmmph:

Great that this time every thing's gone well though in the end.

SCHWARTZ
14-06-2011, 18:29
sometimes when they are bored out the "25" stamped on the venturi dosnt get touched, so if he has just looked down and seen "25" stamped on it and not measured it he may think it is standard venturi. get him to take a pix of it over a ruler and see how big it is. group a venturi will only be something like 27, 27.5, 28mm something like that and i doubt he can see 2mm difference easily, also you will be able to see marks where it has been bored out so look for those also;)