PDA

View Full Version : Fcs My 5

gimme5
13-06-2011, 22:43
Hello thought ill post up some photo's of my car,met a few members that day:)
hardly any 5's there,seem to be getting thin on the ground:(
like the 4th photo with the reflection of some total stranger in my bonnet:laugh:

Kris M
13-06-2011, 23:00
I have to say, your can is unreal in the flesh !! A credit to you for making it soooo nice :agree::)

Bass J
13-06-2011, 23:10
I remember this 5 ...you were in the top 25 meguirs competition lol at the woman "has it got a dumpvalve" :wasntme: ...looks bloody clean! :smokin:

gimme5
15-06-2011, 09:42
I have to say, your can is unreal in the flesh !! A credit to you for making it soooo nice :agree::)

thanks kris:agree:

gimme5
15-06-2011, 09:44
I remember this 5 ...you were in the top 25 meguirs competition lol at the woman "has it got a dumpvalve" :wasntme: ...looks bloody clean! :smokin:

i know,you should of seen the face she pulled when i said no:laugh:

scratcher
15-06-2011, 10:05
That's lovely dude! Is it all OE under the bonnet too?
What products are you using?

Hoolio
15-06-2011, 10:38
That does look lovely, no matter how hard i try its fairly impossible to get much depth to my white paint. Its pretty fantastic that so many are being brought back to this standard, not a popular feeling in some quarters I'm sure but the fact is they are old and it's these that are more likely to still be around in ten years or so.

benj88
15-06-2011, 11:31
Love it mate, really nice example. Herd good things about this car :agree:

James_Surridge G1 5 GTT
15-06-2011, 12:58
Very nice example...Well done:agree:

The new Bill J
15-06-2011, 18:34
That's nice, really nice. Really, REALLY fapping nice in fact :cool:

gimme5
15-06-2011, 19:55
That's lovely dude! Is it all OE under the bonnet too?
What products are you using?
yer the hole car is o.e
i use meguires wash and wax,autoglym wax for dark colours,poorboys wheel wax,meguires tyre shine,and i use a product by 3m called finese on a machine polisher

gimme5
15-06-2011, 20:01
That does look lovely, no matter how hard i try its fairly impossible to get much depth to my white paint. Its pretty fantastic that so many are being brought back to this standard, not a popular feeling in some quarters I'm sure but the fact is they are old and it's these that are more likely to still be around in ten years or so.
totally agree with you there,standard is not everyone's cup of tea,but i'm from yorkshire and love my tea:laugh:

gimme5
15-06-2011, 20:03
cheers benj88,james and the new bill j:agree:

tom t
15-06-2011, 22:34
youre car is the fact why i fell in love with the gtt! lol there lush in black ures is mint!

scratcher
15-06-2011, 22:41
yer the hole car is o.e
i use meguires wash and wax,autoglym wax for dark colours,poorboys wheel wax,meguires tyre shine,and i use a product by 3m called finese on a machine polisher

Cool, cheers :)
You've got some fantastic results there mate.
Is that the HD wax? Gives a nice deep shine there.

I think I could stare at that car all day :cool:

Trevhib
15-06-2011, 22:52
Very hard to make black GTT paintwork look really decent but when it does, wow.

No doubt it looks better than the day it came out of the factory what with the products you've got on there.

Just think, this is what GTTs looked like (almost) when they were first built and taken to the streets. Thousands and thousands of them :cry:

gimme5
16-06-2011, 16:51
Cool, cheers :)
You've got some fantastic results there mate.
Is that the HD wax? Gives a nice deep shine there.

I think I could stare at that car all day :cool:
cheers,no it's just the ultra deep stuff

gimme5
16-06-2011, 17:08
Very hard to make black GTT paintwork look really decent but when it does, wow.

No doubt it looks better than the day it came out of the factory what with the products you've got on there.

Just think, this is what GTTs looked like (almost) when they were first built and taken to the streets. Thousands and thousands of them :cry:
thanks tomt,its what made me what to get another:)
thanks trevhib,yer black is really hard to make look nice as it shows every scratch,ripple and dents,dont see any of these cars my way:cry:

phase i 16 v turbo
16-06-2011, 22:38
Hi Dominic, I popped over to say hi but didn't see anyone near the car all shut up. Are you going to POD? Well done the car is looking nice!

Fordy
16-06-2011, 23:00
very good car to look at to see where everything "should" go from factory

only constructive critism is the side skirts need wet sanding or something I didn't notice but my brother did as the rest of the car is awesome shiney and then the skirts let it down a little

other than that it is mint well done keeping it that mint :cool:

Hoolio
17-06-2011, 00:13

only constructive critism is the side skirts need wet sanding or something I didn't notice but my brother did as the rest of the car is awesome shiney and then the skirts let it down a little

All the body kit originally had a dimpled finish and doesn't shine in the same way as the paintwork and as such are OE.

gimme5
17-06-2011, 08:51

yer i know what your on about but thats the finish they had on them from factory and i what to keep it that way for the o.e look,but i like constructive critism:agree:

gimme5
17-06-2011, 08:53
Hi Dominic, I popped over to say hi but didn't see anyone near the car all shut up. Are you going to POD? Well done the car is looking nice!
thanks,can't make pod due to work,but would of loved to come seem's quite a big thing on here

gimme5
12-08-2011, 17:35
Now then guys
Know it gets asked alot but if anyone saw my car at the FCS on the meguires stand
Pics at top of thread
How much would you value it at
Thanks in advance