PDA

View Full Version : Spare set of keys

HaarlemPaul
12-11-2008, 08:20
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Anybody got a clue over how easy it is to get a set of replacement keys for their 5?
Gonna visit the renault dealership later today, but just wondering, do they give you blanks to get a set cut or do they actually order a set based on some serial number?

OUTLAW
12-11-2008, 08:36
i had a spare set cut at my local car spares shop, the guy has reno and many other blanks..cuts them whille-u-wait....£3.99 each:D

Gttnutter
12-11-2008, 09:00
Yep thats the best bet, I've always got my keys cut at the local key cutting shop

They did have the original renault all metal key ( the one for the fuel cap) but now just copys

same with the ignition key so maybe you can still get them

HaarlemPaul
12-11-2008, 09:17
Yep thats the best bet, I've always got my keys cut at the local key cutting shop

They did have the original renault all metal key ( the one for the fuel cap) but now just copys

same with the ignition key so maybe you can still get them

I tried a local key cutting shop - got a very bemused look.:sad2:

I will try the car spares place first, they are very different here though compared to UK.

RichR
12-11-2008, 09:25
I've never had any problems getting Renault 5 keys cut and key cutting shops. Even the key cutting bloke in a trailer that parks outside Tescos had blanks for Renault keys - mind you, this is about 10 year ago when Renault 5/9/11 keys were much more common. Cost me about £2 for an ignition key I seem to recall.

Maybe though in Holland car keys aren't done by general key cutting places?

phase i 16 v turbo
12-11-2008, 09:29
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Anybody got a clue over how easy it is to get a set of replacement keys for their 5?
Gonna visit the renault dealership later today, but just wondering, do they give you blanks to get a set cut or do they actually order a set based on some serial number?
If your car is all original and you have the handbook it is very easy. Pop into your local Renault dealer with your driver’s licence, V5 form and owners handbook. If the hand book was correctly filled out when the car was sold they will be able to get keys sent to them. I have used thus services on several occasions. I can’t remember the cost of the service but it wasn’t that bad.

Hope this helps.

HaarlemPaul
12-11-2008, 12:54
I've never had any problems getting Renault 5 keys cut and key cutting shops. Even the key cutting bloke in a trailer that parks outside Tescos had blanks for Renault keys - mind you, this is about 10 year ago when Renault 5/9/11 keys were much more common. Cost me about £2 for an ignition key I seem to recall.

Maybe though in Holland car keys aren't done by general key cutting places?

No they're not for some reason.
I'm in UK in a couple of weeks so maybe I bring my keys along and get a couple of sets cut.

Now, about this trailer outside Tesco...:laugh:

davew
24-11-2008, 20:48
We used to cut our own keys when i worked for renault up untill a coupole of years ago

Brigsy
24-11-2008, 21:31
All the local key cutting shops/locksmiths round here will cut the keys no problem, About a fiver a key.