PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Cable - idiots guide

Renault 5 GT Turbo
13-06-2011, 14:41
Hi,

After work tonight I need to change my clutch cable.

I have read the guide here but as there are no pictures and I have not tackled this before, I am not sure what the quadrant is etc.

Is the quadrant a ratchet type mechanism? I have to make a success of this cable swap as I am using the car everyday at the moment!

Any additional advice/words of wisdom appreciated.

James5
13-06-2011, 14:45
Hi,

After work tonight I need to change my clutch cable.

I have read the guide here but as there are no pictures and I have not tackled this before, I am not sure what the quadrant is etc.

Is the quadrant a ratchet type mechanism? I have to make a success of this cable swap as I am using the car everyday at the moment!

Any additional advice/words of wisdom appreciated.

I always find it easier to jack up drivers side of car and put it axle stand, then from under the drivers side wheel arch remove the little black plastic cover that shields the brake servo / cylinder and this will give you easy access to the hole to put the new cable into.

Then from inside the car squeeze the cable retainer together on the pedal and push through pedal hole and then it just a case of pushing cable through bulkhead and pulling out

dangerous dave
13-06-2011, 18:38
as above, make sure you clip it back in all the way round the engine bay, if not it'll flop about like a limp willy and make your pedal cack.. my 5 gtt was poor, i had a few clown efforts on that thing:(

that said you should see some of my bodging, i should get an award:agree: