PDA

View Full Version : Serious b18ft oil burning problem, please help!!

REGGY5GT
11-06-2011, 19:00
Now when i start the gt from cold its fine until its about half way up to temperature, then when i rev it a bit its smokes, when i drive it there is no smoke until its on the downrun or idleing again and then when its up to temperature is smokes constantly on idle but again is fine when im driving until the rundown and the smoke is that thick i leave a giant cloud behind:eek:, i suspect valve seals but i could do with some advice befrore i take the head off, what are other peoples opinions on this please?? Thanks lads Tim

SCHWARTZ
11-06-2011, 19:10
are you sure its not the turbo as it would smoke like this. take the elbow off and check for oil ect... You could take the turbo off and run it too see it it still smokes will be loud but thats the fun:D

Miller
11-06-2011, 19:11
Sounds more like the turbo seals......

Valve stem seals is normally only a problem when cold.

5teve L
11-06-2011, 19:20
Sounds like turbo to me as well.

REGGY5GT
11-06-2011, 19:29
you see the thing is tho it smoked the same with the standard t2 on so i thought instead of repairing the t2 id go the full way and go down the t28 route and have just completed it, my t28 has no play in shaft and i know there is the chance of buying a duff turbo but i want to eliminate other possibilities first,how much would a turbo rebuild set me back??

SCHWARTZ
11-06-2011, 19:35
I think blunty can get then rebuilt quite cheaply, otherwise ask adamL see how much they reckon

REGGY5GT
11-06-2011, 20:19
ok well ive pm'd blunty thanks schwartz, just waiting for him to get back to me, another thing has just occured to me, ive blanked the icv off and done away with the crankcase breather pipes and just have a little breather now on the block, is there a chance that by doing that ive created to much vacmum in the inlet and its drawing oil in from the valve seals or ive messed up the engine breathing??does anyone know what the vaccum figures should be on a sound running b18ft please??

SCHWARTZ
11-06-2011, 20:48
dont know matey but i did away with everything icv, egr, boost solinoid, as far as i can remember (havnt seen my engine in a while now:sad2:) all i have is a breather filter on the pot coming out of the block and thats it breather wise and it didnt smoke.

Tony Walker
11-06-2011, 23:18
You should have a breather from the sump and the rocker cover.

REGGY5GT
11-06-2011, 23:42
Where abouts is the breather from the sump walker?im unsure if ive seen one and if so wheres it go to on the b18ft?thanks

SCHWARTZ
12-06-2011, 00:52
Thete is no breather on the rocker cover/cam cover on these engines and nothing on the sump, its not likr the c1j's