PDA

View Full Version : Ring Checklist...

Brizza
09-06-2011, 10:41
Hi, does anyone have a checklist of things to take/that they have taken for a pleasent trip to the ring?

Thanks,

Ian :)

Robbo
09-06-2011, 10:43
plenty of wine

Bigfoot
09-06-2011, 10:56
Check out the AA website for driving abroad they have a list of things which you need for each country you are driving through.

stuTHC
09-06-2011, 11:22
A car that works and that you trust. A sh1t load of cash and plenty of bottle!

Oh and btw- I've moved this thread to GC :)

Brigsy
09-06-2011, 12:06
Plenty of money and a spare pair of boxers...paracetomal for the hangover off the german lager

D4WNO
09-06-2011, 12:35
And an EHIC card (replacement for the old E111 form)

https://www.ehic.org.uk/Internet/home.do

Brizza
18-08-2011, 15:25
I'm off to the ring next Wed night, car is all ready, set for 18psi boost, resprayed, MOT'd, cage fitted, stereo working (with out CD Changer sadly) I really am looking forward to it, been well over a year of planning and waiting. Anyone know of any good places to visit bars etc? and also how much money would you take?

Cheers,

markey b
18-08-2011, 15:35
I'm off to the ring next Wed night, car is all ready, set for 18psi boost, resprayed, MOT'd, cage fitted, stereo working (with out CD Changer sadly) I really am looking forward to it, been well over a year of planning and waiting. Anyone know of any good places to visit bars etc? and also how much money would you take?

Cheers,

i went start of the month, went with a mate for 2 nights, we spent a grand between us! we did do 11 laps @ 24euro's a lap, and used about 20euro's of fuel per lap, and 2 sessions on the GP track. check out the dorint hotel next to ring-werk the bar there is awesome and they do 70% vodka that u drink with a white glove :laugh:

ring werk is a good way to kill a couple of hours, as for a check list, permanant pen for graffiti, and some paint to 'tag' the track! :)

Penfold aka The Dealer
18-08-2011, 16:44
You going down the M20 at all? If i know roughly what time i could take some pic of car on route from the motorway bridge outside my house :)

warpspeed
19-08-2011, 04:49
Boring stuff i know but you need headlight beam benders, spare bulb kit, first aid kit, warning triangle, gb sticker, reflective waistcoat or jacket, all these are legal requirements to driving in europe and most of it should really be tucked away somewhere in your car anyway, especially since we mostly own older cars.

Big Steve - Raider
19-08-2011, 10:57
Hope you have a good time Ian but PLEASE BE CAREFUL!! :niceone:

You need eyes in your R-Sole when your out on track to watch for bikers etc!!

My recommendation would be for you to look on the internet & find out how to get to Adenau Forst corner!! Great viewing point if the sun's shining but a real ballsache of a walk to get there!!

markey b
19-08-2011, 11:28
My recommendation would be for you to look on the internet & find out how to get to Adenau Forst corner!! Great viewing point if the sun's shining but a real ballsache of a walk to get there!!

awesome viewing point, and some awesome roads to get to it! also head out past the fuel station and take a left, there is an awesome viewing point with good parking, but its usuall packed, its the bit of track a couple of corners after the carousell

Brizza
19-08-2011, 11:31
You going down the M20 at all? If i know roughly what time i could take some pic of car on route from the motorway bridge outside my house :)
We're going via hull sadly :( will get plenty of pics :)

The new Bill J
19-08-2011, 15:06
If you don't go to the Pistenklause, and have steak on a stone, you're a knobber - End of :cooter:

It's such an awesome bar/restaurant, with a unique atmosphere. There's motorsport photos/memorabilia/autographs covering the place, from floor to ceiling, and the food/beer is amazing.

Oh, and if you're REALLY lucky, you might just bump into the German Stig, like we did last year!

http://www.am-tiergarten.de/en/restaurant_nuerburgring_pistenklause/

Penfold aka The Dealer
19-08-2011, 15:34
If you don't go to the Pistenklause, and have steak on a stone, you're a knobber - End of :cooter:

It's such an awesome bar/restaurant, with a unique atmosphere. There's motorsport photos/memorabilia/autographs covering the place, from floor to ceiling, and the food/beer is amazing.

Oh, and if you're REALLY lucky, you might just bump into the German Stig, like we did last year!

http://www.am-tiergarten.de/en/restaurant_nuerburgring_pistenklause/

:laugh::laugh: German Stig.... what a C*NT he was... :wasntme:

Brizza
31-08-2011, 11:26
Got back a few days had a fantastic time :) the people are so friendly even when I insisted on driving my 5 through the closed village of Adenau whilst they were trying to have their Autumn harvest festival :confused:

I couldnt take my 5 on the ring sadly, we arrived on thursday pm and just chilled, friday was the endurance race practice and qualifications, saturday was the race and I thought I'd get a lap or two in before going home on sunday. got sound tested at 105db at 3.5krpm, being sunday and the harvest holiday there was little/nochance of getting a bung for the exhaust :mad:

Still a brilliant time was had, the Pistenklause was well and truely abused rotten :) didnt manage to see all of the RingWerx museam either sadly. Looking forward to going back next may...

oooh and the 5 didn't skip a beat, 80-100 all the way down there solid and back up again. only thing to fail was the passenger side electric window. :wasntme:

Vive le 5.

Big Steve - Raider
31-08-2011, 19:21
BEAUTIFUL!! :niceone:

jesus in the seat of a 5
31-08-2011, 19:44
well done buddy , awesome feeling driving a 5 there an back neigh probs..:agree:, shame ya didnt do a lap...its a true experience but theres allways next time.....for sure..:)

Brizza
01-09-2011, 07:41
Yeah the 5 was absoloutly incredible, I parked up on the border of germany for a breather at an esso station with wifi and had the bonnet open and this old boy in a truck pulled up and said "you broken down lad? used to see these all the time at the side of the road popped" I reducated the old fool that this little fella had jus gone from Barnsley to Hull and from Rotterdam to that point at 70-100+ :rolleyes::eek:

Big Steve - Raider
01-09-2011, 07:56
[QUOTE=Brizza;232121]I parked for a breather with the bonnet open....[QUOTE]

There a sign of a GTT Owner :laugh:

Funny how you wouldn't think of opening the Bonnet on ANY other cars you may own or drive to let it cool down but to us 5 owners its just the Norm!!! :niceone:

Brizza
01-09-2011, 08:07
yeah the paint is starting to wear thin on the bit where the strut sits lol touch up pen time me thinks and some extra gaffa tape on the strut. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4xTijRuVis&feature=player_profilepage

Mart
01-09-2011, 09:08
the people are so friendly even when I insisted on driving my 5 through the closed village of Adenau whilst they were trying to have their Autumn harvest festival

:laugh: I done the very same thing a few years back. Somehow ended up on the main street that runs through Adenau, and couldn't understand why it was so busy with people walking freely in the road, giving me funny looks :o

Nail on the head about the people being friendly. Coupled with the scenary, it's a nice part of the world around there for sure :)

Hope you can make the 'No bling at the Ring' tour 2012 (if there is one!).

Brizza
01-09-2011, 09:26
:laugh: I done the very same thing a few years back. Somehow ended up on the main street that runs through Adenau, and couldn't understand why it was so busy with people walking freely in the road, giving me funny looks :o

Nail on the head about the people being friendly. Coupled with the scenary, it's a nice part of the world around there for sure :)

Hope you can make the 'No bling at the Ring' tour 2012 (if there is one!).

I'm going to try and make at least one trip a year back to the ring Mart, Jaffa is on about going in May and I'm gonna try my hardest to tag along. Got a bit fed up with driving everywhere with the heater on and the fan on in the blistering temps (26deg+) Think I'm going to fit an external oil cooler over winter. But yeah, what a fantastic country, great people, amazing scenery. We stayed at An de Nordscleife owned by a guy called Eddy who is a bit of a character, think he got pissed off with me pestering him all the time asking for Torx screwdrivers and access to his workshop to fix the damn electric windows all the time! :cool:

One of the best places on earth, I'd deffo consider moving there if the opportunity presented itself :)

Mart
01-09-2011, 09:39
I'd deffo consider moving there if the opportunity presented itself :)

Amen to that brother :agree:

No reason why we couldn't tie in a 'Ring visit when we trek out to Belgium next June (http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=22925)