PDA

View Full Version : Larger throttle bodie help?

REGGY5GT
09-06-2011, 00:45
ive put the larger 2.0 throttle bodie on my 5 and theres a screw in a recess that points downhill, it seems to me as if its a bleed valve for the butterfly but im unsure, could anyone tell me exactly what that screw does, how it affects fueling and how to default set it as its been altered in the past by someone else, many thanks in advance Tim

SCHWARTZ
09-06-2011, 11:04
Yeah adjusts fueling slightly at idle lets air round the butterfly and seems to adj revs. If you dont want it you could send it to me mine shot off few weeks ago:cry:

REGGY5GT
09-06-2011, 12:39
Thanks scwartz,my 5 is putting white smoke at idle and I think its overfueling on idle,running blanked icv and a breather filter on block and no lambda at the mo,do you think it could be smoking due to that tb screw being set wrong and no lambda?havent had chance to fiddle with screw yet so im unsure,as for your missing screw ive got another 2.0 tb with the wrong spindle setup so ill check if the screws are the same and if so ill post it your way.

SCHWARTZ
09-06-2011, 12:56
Cheers fella but all ready tried the es tb and no joy. If its overfueling the smoke would be more black, are you sure its not just condensation? That screw will adj fueling at idke slightly, adjusting the maf sensor will move the fueling map back and forth and therefore adj fuel at idle. I dont use the lambada either but have an afr gauge set up. Do you have larger injectors?

REGGY5GT
09-06-2011, 13:31
oh ok mate, just thought it may have fitted, and im positive that its not condensation, its got a strong smell to it and it doesnt smell like burning oil, the turbo is good as i saw the car running with it on first and its more of a rich smell, as i dont have a afr atm i dont really want to fiddle with the afr but does the afr alter the whole fueling or just the idle??i havent changed the injectors and its standard fuel pressure but im unsure whether i have to adjust anything now its running a t28:confused:
its not loosing water at all so that takes condensation out of the equation, its completely baffled me:(

SCHWARTZ
09-06-2011, 16:38
standard injectors wont fuel for more than 15psi with a t2 turbo so dont know what would be on a t28 but would be less i guess. adjusting the maf moves the fueling map back, so it will do idle and light throttle then when the maf sees a certain amount (when it hits 5v iirc) of air going through it it will fuel for wot basicly. Im sure theres a better way of explaining it but thats all i got:D

SCHWARTZ
09-06-2011, 16:40
you wont loose water from condensation and it will smell a bit but it will only go a few meters away from the car before it dissapears.