PDA

View Full Version : Actuator pipework??

Nayls
08-06-2011, 18:12
Im certain how i have things is ok as i've had gtt's for ages but i thought i'd ask for a 2nd opinion on this!

Basically im only getting about 3psi of boost!

Twin port actuator on standard turbo,Port closest to the front of the car goes to carb and has a T-piece in line which goes to the in car boost adjuster

The other port on the actuator is blocked, im sure this is ok? though some keep it open?

I NEED BOOST! :laugh: 3-4 psi aint enough!

Andrew Cooke
08-06-2011, 18:18
back port should be open, but it isn't your pipes that are limiting your boost.

Nayls
08-06-2011, 18:31
back port should be open, but it isn't your pipes that are limiting your boost.

Ok,im sure i've seen people block it off? what effect would this have if any then?

I cant work out what else it is?? if i turn the boost adjuster nothing happens? but if i disconnect the pipe from actuator to carb (only for a very short blast) it gives loads of boost as you would expect

Andrew Cooke
09-06-2011, 08:07
Ok,im sure i've seen people block it off? what effect would this have if any then?

I cant work out what else it is?? if i turn the boost adjuster nothing happens? but if i disconnect the pipe from actuator to carb (only for a very short blast) it gives loads of boost as you would expect

the rear port contains the spring, you have to compress that at the volume of air to open the actuator. I don't know how well it seals, so I don't suppose it'll makemuch difference.

Check the preload on the actuator, maybe it's been fitted loose?

Nayls
09-06-2011, 10:34
tis all good now! :) it was a loose jubilee clip on the front mount pipework :sad2: must have nearly blew the hose off when i ran it with the actuator pipe disconnected :wasntme:

Thanks for your help andrew :)