PDA

View Full Version : Clio 172 - Brake fluid

d6n
08-06-2011, 14:52
Can you recommend me a decent brake fluid for the clio?

I boiled the fluid at Mallory the weekend, mega spongy pedal now!!!

Andrew Cooke
08-06-2011, 18:16
I'd just flush through with whatever 'named' stuff my local motor factor recommended. How old is your current fluid?

Adey aka Ewok
08-06-2011, 19:24
i use whatever i find kicking about, longs its not already opened.

Alastair
08-06-2011, 20:24
Can you recommend me a decent brake fluid for the clio?

I boiled the fluid at Mallory the weekend, mega spongy pedal now!!!

Millers competition mineral stuff. Cant remember the name but it is top stuff and reasonably priced, you will get more warning with mineral, synthetic stuff goes suddenly then your pedal hits the deck... :eek: Also have a look how close you exhaust / manifold is to the lines, and put some shielding in.... and brake ducts really work well if you can get the air ducted into the back of the disk properly ;)

d6n
09-06-2011, 09:33
Cheers for the replies.

Not sure how long the current fluid has been in. I brought the car feb 2010, and i havent changed it since.

Might be able to look into ducting through the fogs. I'm pretty sure people have done this.

Adey aka Ewok
09-06-2011, 17:55
i used to have ducting tho i havent any more and it hasnt caused a problem yet

Ricardo
09-06-2011, 18:23
I fitted air intakes in the foglights with no flexi ducting. What happened was air would enter and fill the wheelarches, as soon as i went over 80mph the whole front end went light and worse the quicker i went. I taped em up and had no problems, i think you have to run ducting right to the disc or make sure the air is deflected direct to it