PDA

View Full Version : Senna

Renault 5 GT Turbo
08-06-2011, 00:03
I have just got back from the Cinema having seen the Senna film.

What a great documentary of his life and career as a Formula One driver, a must see for any '80s F1 fans when the sport was worth watching. The film gives some insight to what went on behind the scenes at the time.

Quite a moving story, a very focussed individual without compromise.

Alex
09-06-2011, 07:56
I'll be going to see this soon! :agree:

going_downhill
09-06-2011, 11:51
Sounds good. I'm looking forward to a few beers after work tonight followed by this film in the cinema! :smokin:

Ricardo
09-06-2011, 17:24
Going tomorrow night, looking forward to it :)

rs250nut
09-06-2011, 22:01
In the top three greatest grand prix drivers of all time, Fangio, Senna, Schumacher but in what order Ive not got a clue

Tinka_Dill
10-06-2011, 07:32
You're forgetting our Nigel.... LEGEND!

Mart
10-06-2011, 07:57
Prost wasn't too bad either ;)

But Senna was my childhood hero, and still is to this day. Going to see the film next week :)

RussellRST
10-06-2011, 13:57
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I have just got back from the Cinema having seen the Senna film.

What a great documentary of his life and career as a Formula One driver, a must see for any '80s F1 fans when the sport was worth watching. The film gives some insight to what went on behind the scenes at the time.

Quite a moving story, a very focussed individual without compromise.

Seconded. :agree:
A must see for any car fan.

tonesGTT
13-06-2011, 16:54
Cant wait to see this. Out in Exeter from the 17th.

old skool turbo power
13-06-2011, 23:01
realey good film to watch:agree: if came out 2weeks ago on the friday and i seen it on the sunday plenty of ppl was there as well.some of the footage though is pretty:cool:.willams was a wrong move for him imo as you will see near to the end of the film.
funny though nothin was said much about imoia:scared:i wonder why................great driver though,massive shame how he died no chance to survie that :(

Ricardo
14-06-2011, 18:18
Going tomorrow night, looking forward to it :)

Ended up seeing it last night as the Studio they're showing it only seated 35 people, i wondered why it had sold out.

Was a really good 'film,' i could talk loads about it but it wouldn't be fair on those that haven't had the chance yet. It would be good to have a thread about it, i left there with so many questions in my head that needed answering. They obviously picked up on the key points that many people already know. As Mart mentioned on FB it would have been interesting to see how he made it up the ranks from karts to F1.

No doubting the talent was there, THE driver of that generation. The question of who is THE best ever driver is 1 IMO that should never be answered, so many different factors in the equasion. Anyway, i left there thinking what would he being doing now if he were still here. :(