PDA

View Full Version : What a day yesterday was !

5teve L
11-11-2008, 15:22
Started out by pi55ing down with rain so no worky, then i decided that we'd make use of the day by looking at a new car for the wife, i'm in Sussex, cars near Slough, just off the M4 to be exact.
We head off, the wife, my little boy & me, motorway not too bad etc for once so we get there in good time, bloody wet though.
Have a look round the car, slight oil leak & 2 near bald tyres, result me thinks as i can knock the guy down (car was up for £2225 & i got it down to £1850) All good i'm thinking.......
This is where it get's interesting for those still with me :)
We set off home, the wife in my car & me in the ZR as i'm insured for any car, we come to the last roundabout on the M4 to hit the 25 & yep, you guessed it, we get split up, i wait on the hard shoulder just round the rounabout only to see the wife dissapear off to Heathrow :crap: i'm thinking, so i'm in the car, screaming NOOOOOO (yes i was actually shouting that & continued to do so for quite a while) & then it gets worse, my mobile is in MY car so no way of comunication!
I wait for a bit & then start to panic, reverse up a little & get back round the roundabout & head off into Heathrow myself, no sign, more panic. So i head back to the garage so i can use there phone, except i can remember 2 numbers, mine & my old bosses, i give the boss a quick call to see if on the off chance they have her number, yes, wahey, panic over... except it's her old number :crap::crap:
So i ring my phone, no answer, i try 20 times, still nothing, now i'm really panicing as i know the wife has no idea of where she is, i gave her advice if we got lost to look for M25 S signs & then M23 S signs but since she'd headed off into the terminals ......
All this & i've got no ££ & the car needs petrol !
Luckily the garage stuck a squirt in for me, i give one last try on the mobile & get an answer... can't talk now i'm driving she says :rolleyes: Err yeah but Where TF are you, i'm 25 miles from Gatwick she says :laugh: well the relief i can tell you... & we had to get back to pick up my daughter from school, luckily the wife sorted that but we also had to get back to pick up my brother & his boy to go to the O2 arena, was supposed to leave at 4pm, accident on the M25 & i get back at 330pm & back out the door back onto the M25 the other way up to Dartford !!
Bloody long day for me!

D4WNO
11-11-2008, 15:44
Haha sounds like a mad one, did you have a beer in the end? :laugh:

Was the O2 good, I assume you went to see Kanye West?

5teve L
11-11-2008, 15:54
No, no beer, i don't drink & nope, went to see Smackdown, the wife's into it & we took my nephew with my brother.... So not very good for me :(

D4WNO
11-11-2008, 16:01
Lol well just remember, today is another day :laugh:

Lomo
11-11-2008, 16:29
:laugh::laugh: @ " Can't talk now im driving"

Little did she know what stress you were going through....

wrightygtt
11-11-2008, 17:26
Smackdown? Is she into wrestling.:smokin:

How inconsiderate of you to ring her while she's driving:sad2:

5teve L
11-11-2008, 17:36
Yeah, she's well into WWE dragged me to the Wrestlmania revenge tour in April as well....

Oh & yeah, so inconsiderate of me to ring :mad: at least i can laugh about it now though, scared the :crap: out of me at the time !